Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
C
Legend
Legend
C
"I'm looking to save money. The way I'm going to do that is sink money into building a new team facility and firing coaches and front office people every year (and then paying them not to work for me)."

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The headline reads...

Browns deny a report they signed kicker Cody Parkey over Robbie Gould to save money: 'Absolutely ridiculous'

link

It WOULD BE RIDICULOUS, except that is what the Browns front office did...they signed the cheap kicker over the veteran...

...that is called, TELLING THE TRUTH.

The Browns got caught going cheap and now the front office and ole jimmy are peeved. If they find out which coach or player tipped off the media in Miami, that person is as good as fired.

...for telling the truth about the Browns cheap owner...lol rofl

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: OrlandoDawg
mac, what is your end goal for this topic? What does it accomplish? So you want to reboot again before this FO has a year?

orlando...the Browns owner is a crook...you do realize that?

When he bought the team in 2012, he claimed it was the beginning of a 5 yr plan. Then 8 months after making his deal with Randy Lerner, Haslam's Pilot Flying J Hqts was raided by the FBI and IRS for rebate fraud.

The Browns owner has been forced to spend millions to settle lawsuits over the money his company stole from Trucking outfits.

During this time many of the Browns best players have been allowed to leave without the Browns trying to sign them to second contracts. Since the money issues with Flying J, Haslam has gone cheap as he could building the team into a winner.

Haslam is simply milking the franchise, going as cheap as he can until he dumps the team and moves on to next billionaire hobby, funding a NASCAR Team. Can't re-sign his players, but he can fund a NASCAR team.

Haslam hopes Browns fans will buy into the moneyball scheme because it gives him cover while Depodesta goes as cheap as he can...the basis for Moneyball...build a baseball team on the cheap.

I want an owner who dedicated to building the Browns into a winner...not someone milking the franchise until he dumps it.

Too late

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
HAHAHAHHAA

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Sorry I am not sure how to embed this one, but it is worth clicking.

rofl Oh man! That was rich! rofl

#gmstrong
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Originally Posted By: mac
Originally Posted By: OrlandoDawg
mac, what is your end goal for this topic? What does it accomplish? So you want to reboot again before this FO has a year?

orlando...the Browns owner is a crook...you do realize that?

When he bought the team in 2012, he claimed it was the beginning of a 5 yr plan. Then 8 months after making his deal with Randy Lerner, Haslam's Pilot Flying J Hqts was raided by the FBI and IRS for rebate fraud.

The Browns owner has been forced to spend millions to settle lawsuits over the money his company stole from Trucking outfits.

During this time many of the Browns best players have been allowed to leave without the Browns trying to sign them to second contracts. Since the money issues with Flying J, Haslam has gone cheap as he could building the team into a winner.

Haslam is simply milking the franchise, going as cheap as he can until he dumps the team and moves on to next billionaire hobby, funding a NASCAR Team. Can't re-sign his players, but he can fund a NASCAR team.

Haslam hopes Browns fans will buy into the moneyball scheme because it gives him cover while Depodesta goes as cheap as he can...the basis for Moneyball...build a baseball team on the cheap.

I want an owner who dedicated to building the Browns into a winner...not someone milking the franchise until he dumps it.

Can you show me where that money not spent on the cap goes directly into his bank account? That is possibly the only scenario that would make your post make any sort of sense.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Browns Front Office....still not ready for prime time..(imo)

Link Copied to Clipboard