Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Yep... you really called it back then, Nostradumazz!!!

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I see Tesla and maybe even Amazon as the latest Dot Com bubble.

Grown men have yet to weep over the great losses they will take when reality returns on these stocks.

Hedge fund manager David Einhorn says Tesla is ‘reminiscent of the March 2000 dotcom bubble’
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/03/einhorn-s...com-bubble.html

Seems the big boys are finally catching up to my thinking. brownie

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Spoken like someone who has $450 million dollars invested into its competitor.

Legend
Legend
No way! I don't have half that! brownie

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Only 40 would post a quote from someone else and think a response to it was a response to him.

Legend
Legend
Only CHS would address a post to me only to say it was not to me.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/07/29/tesla-delivers-first-lower-cost-model-3-cars.html

Tesla delivers first lower-cost Model 3 cars

FREMONT, Calif. – Tesla Inc. has finally made its long-promised affordable electric car. But it could take years to get it to all the people who want to buy it.

Tesla delivered the Model 3 small car to its first 30 customers — all employees — at a company party Friday night. CEO Elon Musk said Tesla will build the cars as fast as it can, but acknowledged that supply issues and other complexities will make it tough to reach his goal of making 500,000 cars next year. Fourteen-year-old Tesla has never made more than 100,000 cars in a year.

"We're going to go through at least six months of manufacturing hell," Musk told reporters Friday at Tesla's Fremont factory. "It's going to be quite a challenge to build this car."

With its $35,000 starting price — half the cost of Tesla's previous models — and range of up to 310 miles (498 km), the Model 3 could bring hundreds of thousands of customers into the automaker's fold, taking it from a niche luxury brand to the mainstream.

Musk said around 500,000 people worldwide have already put down a $1,000 deposit to reserve a Model 3. People ordering a car now likely won't get it until late 2018. Cars will go first to employees and customers on the West Coast; overseas deliveries start late next year, and right-hand drive versions come in 2019.

The Model 3 has long been part of Palo Alto, California-based Tesla's plans. In 2006, Musk said Tesla would eventually build "affordably priced family cars" after establishing itself with high-end vehicles like the Model S, which starts at $69,500. This is the first time many Tesla workers will be able to afford a Tesla.

"It was never our goal to make expensive cars. We wanted to make a car everyone could buy," Musk said. "If you're trying to make a difference in the world, you also need to make cars people can afford."

For the base price, customers will get a Model 3 with 220 miles (322 km) of range. But the price can rapidly increase from there. Black is the only standard color, for example; any other color is $1,000 extra. A fully loaded Model 3 with 310 miles of range and Tesla's full semi-autonomous Autopilot system costs a hefty $59,500.

That could be a stretch for some buyers, especially since there are limits on the $7,500 U.S. tax credit for electric cars. Once an automaker sells 200,000 electric cars in the U.S., the credit phases out. Tesla has already sold more than 126,000 vehicles since 2008, according to estimates by WardsAuto, so not everyone who buys a Model 3 will be eligible.

Potential customers also could lose faith if Tesla doesn't meet its aggressive production schedule, or if the cars have quality problems that strain Tesla's small service network. The compact Model 3 may not entice a global market that's increasingly shifting to SUVs, including all-electric SUVs from Audi and others going on sale soon.

"There are more reasons to think that it won't be successful than it will," says Karl Brauer, the executive publisher for Cox Automotive, which owns Autotrader and other car buying sites.

But Musk says Tesla worked hard to make the Model 3 simpler and cheaper to make than Tesla's previous vehicles. It has one dashboard screen, not two. It doesn't have the fancy door handles that caused problems on the Model S, or the gull-wing doors of the Model X SUV. It's made primarily of steel, not aluminum. It has no instrument panel; the speed limit and other information normally there can be found on the center screen. It doesn't even have a key fob; drivers can open and lock the car with a smartphone or a key card.

Tesla's fans are confident. Robin Santucci was one of the first in line to order a Model 3 at the Santa Monica, California, Tesla store in March 2016. He still doesn't know when he'll get a car or exactly what it will look like, but he's already installed charging equipment in his garage.

"I believe in the vision Tesla has," said Santucci, who works in digital advertising.

Sam Abuelsamid, a senior researcher with Navigant Research, said even if it doesn't meet its ambitious targets, Tesla has done more than anyone to promote electric vehicles.

"A decade ago they were a little more than golf carts. Now all of a sudden, EVs are real, practical vehicles that can be used for anything," he said.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Whoever gets the biggest government subsidy wins.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Duh. It's always been that way. There's no bigger creditor than the government.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

Duh. It's always been that way. There's no bigger creditor than the government.
True, but the big automakes lobbyists have huge influence in Washington, as well as the petroleum industry.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/

Race on Sunday sell on Monday.

"E" is here to stay.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
A
Legend
Legend
A
It's actually "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday."

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
quote above by 40:

"Picked up 100 shares of Samsung yesterday,"

Wait a second, looks like Samsung common stock is selling at $1,500/share today.

Where'd you get that kinda ching?

Did I ever tell you how smart you are and how much I like you?

Guess I should have explained I sold one of my hundred shares of Berkshire Hathaway to buy it.

You let me know when your like turns to love though. wink

You have ONE HUNDRED shares of Berksire Hathaway... The Berkshire Hathaway...that's currently trading at about 267k per share?

So you're a multi-multi-millionaire?

New plan folks.... 40 buys the Browns and we form a new FO from Dawgtalkers.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg

A multi-millionaire with a tank. Who wakes up first thing every morning to make up BS propaganda to support Trump!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

A multi-millionaire with a tank. Who wakes up first thing every morning to make up BS propaganda to support Trump!

It all makes sense now.... 40 IS Trump!

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Remember when he claimed he paid a Mexican gardener 50k a year for service just to prove a point about 'hard work'?

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
quote above by Canada:

Quote:

I wanna be Director of Corporate Relations, I wanna be Director of Corporate Relations, I call Director of Corporate Relations.

Can I be Director of Corporate Relations?

The position requires 3 staff secretary/assistants. (if I'm gonna do it)

My business car:

A Tesla Model S.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'm in the market for a new (used) car and I test drove a 2013 Model S on Wednesday, it was a great car but the range that I need just isn't there yet. The newer ones are a quite a bit better, but the '13 model year gets around 200 miles per charge - not enough to get me to my clients without stopping at a charging station. Very fun car to drive, the torque is unreal.

I'll probably stick with my A8L's (it'll be my 4th), but one day I'll have a Tesla. My current one is approaching 200k miles and needs tires, brakes, and the "big" maintenance done which will total around 6k - rather use that towards a down payment.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
quote above by 40:

"Picked up 100 shares of Samsung yesterday,"

Wait a second, looks like Samsung common stock is selling at $1,500/share today.

Where'd you get that kinda ching?

Did I ever tell you how smart you are and how much I like you?

Guess I should have explained I sold one of my hundred shares of Berkshire Hathaway to buy it.

You let me know when your like turns to love though. wink

You have ONE HUNDRED shares of Berksire Hathaway... The Berkshire Hathaway...that's currently trading at about 267k per share?

You can save most of your disability when you live until your 65 in your mothers basement and eat her food.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Tesla becomes #1 U.S. Auto Company

Link Copied to Clipboard