Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
swish, while you stated you were tripping during some of your responses- and you state we should help Africa more and worry/spend less in other areas- please comment on this issue which is OURs- I don't agree with most of what you've posted- trillions have been spent over the last 60 years helping blacks in this country-housing, food, education, jobs, AND reverse legal discrimination-affirmative action- yet we have this result-http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/walter-e-williams/true-black-tragedy-illegitimacy-rate-nearly-75

The fact is that most of the social pathology seen in poor black neighborhoods is entirely new in black history. Let's look at some of it.

Today the overwhelming majority of black children are raised in single female-headed families. As early as the 1880s, three-quarters of black families were two-parent. In 1925 New York City, 85 percent of black families were two-parent. One study of 19th-century slave families found that in up to three-fourths of the families, all the children had the same mother and father.

Today's black illegitimacy rate of nearly 75 percent is also entirely new. In 1940, black illegitimacy stood at 14 percent. It had risen to 25 percent by 1965, when Daniel Patrick Moynihan wrote "The Negro Family: The Case for National Action" and was widely condemned as a racist. By 1980, the black illegitimacy rate had more than doubled, to 56 percent, and it has been growing since. Both during slavery and as late as 1920, a teenage girl raising a child without a man present was rare among blacks.

Contrary to what you might think- I want every human being to have a good life....I know many of our nation programs have help advance blacks/and others, but sure doesn't look like the welfare system has helped black families....I hate the statement- "who's your daddy"....JMHO, this issue is lot more important than BLM, etc., etc., etc.

What's your take on this issue?

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
why are we talking about this?

we are talking about foreign policy right now. how many times have we been over this issue on this board when it comes to domestic problems and minorities?

if you want to get in depth with this topic AGAIN, then make a thread, and i promise i'll be one of the first to respond in detail out of respect to you.

but this thread is about NK and foreign policy, which is why my post is addressed as such.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Your predictions on imminent US action against North Korea? What do you think?

Link Copied to Clipboard