CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
https://www.axios.com/kansas-adoption-gr..._source=sidebar

Kansas lawmakers passed a bill Thursday allowing adoption agencies to turn away LGBT couples based on religious beliefs, reports the Kansas Wichitia Eagle.

Why it matters: Kansas is among several states passing similar legislation, and has opened up a larger debate over whether these efforts are discriminatory. While several critics say the bill is based on bias, supporters, like Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer, argue it will help create more opportunities for children to find a home.

---

So much for being pro-life

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Kansas lawmakers passed a bill Thursday allowing adoption agencies to turn away LGBT couples based on religious beliefs, reports the Kansas Wichitia Eagle.

Why it matters: Kansas is among several states passing similar legislation, and has opened up a larger debate over whether these efforts are discriminatory. While several critics say the bill is based on bias, supporters, like Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer, argue it will help create more opportunities for children to find a home.

---

While I disagree with gays not being able to adopt a kid, what on earth does this have to do with "pro life" or abortion?

Oh. Nothing.

P
PDF Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

---

While I disagree with gays not being able to adopt a kid, what on earth does this have to do with "pro life" or abortion?

Oh. Nothing.

If abortion isn't a viable option, then what is the next step or option for someone pregnant with a kid they don't want?

C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C

Being "pro life" without supporting life is hypocrisy. It's lip service.

1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: PDF

---

Oh. Nothing.

If abortion isn't a viable option, then what is the next step or option for someone pregnant with a kid they don't want?

That's why I've heard people say that pro-life really means just pro-birth. They don't care about the kids after they're born.

"You're gonna do WHAT?!"
-Tim Robbins as Merlin in Top Gun
A
Legend
Legend
A
To you AND pdf:

I stated I didn't agree with turning away gay adopters.

YOUR statement about 'so much for being pro life' is what I was calling out.

I didn't see anywhere in the article where it said babies must be killed in order to not be adopted by gays.

So, you both, missed the boat.

Take your preconceived notions of me and flush them. This issue isn't pro life or pro abortion.

It's about who can or can't adopt. And I've made my opinion on that well known.

I mean, really - it states in the freaking article that this is about WHO can adopt. It is NOT about killing babies.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
That's why I've heard people say that pro-life really means just pro-birth. They don't care about the kids after they're born.

I've heard people say you are wrong.

yebat' Putin
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
To you AND pdf:

I stated I didn't agree with turning away gay adopters.

YOUR statement about 'so much for being pro life' is what I was calling out.

I didn't see anywhere in the article where it said babies must be killed in order to not be adopted by gays.

So, you both, missed the boat.

Take your preconceived notions of me and flush them. This issue isn't pro life or pro abortion.

It's about who can or can't adopt. And I've made my opinion on that well known.

I mean, really - it states in the freaking article that this is about WHO can adopt. It is NOT about killing babies.

Dude, you need to get a grip. I really like you, Arch. But every day you constantly attack me and make up arguments against me. It's making me start to view you a little different and I don't like it. If you don't like the tone of my post, fine, I'm sure not everyone is a fan, but you need to stop lying about my posts in an attempt to engage me. The only person who has mentioned baby killing is you. I waste too much time trying to show you what I said and didn't say. I am also over the daily confrontations with you. At least 40 and I give each other props when we agree on topics.

Legend
Legend
you've been around here a long time.. you had to know where your little pro-life tag at the end of your original post was going to lead.. you had to. This was NEVER going to be a thread about adoption law or the LGBT community.. it was going to be about abortion... it was going to be the same old bickering about some alleged hypocrisy on the right.. that's exactly where you wanted it to go... congrats, it's there.

yebat' Putin
C
CHSDawg Offline OP
~
Legend
OP Offline
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
you've been around here a long time.. you had to know where your little pro-life tag at the end of your original post was going to lead.. you had to. This was NEVER going to be a thread about adoption law or the LGBT community.. it was going to be about abortion... it was going to be the same old bickering about some alleged hypocrisy on the right.. that's exactly where you wanted it to go... congrats, it's there.

I don't see why it can't be about both. Anyone who has been part of or around child services knows how overtaxed the system is. And getting rid of loving parents who want to adopt is just going to make the problem worse.

Legend
Legend
can anybody provide a reason as to why its ok to discriminate against LBGT for anything, but more specifically, adoption?

as if we dont already have a bad enough problem as it is with so many kids ending up in the foster system, which often leads to child abuse and fraud?

one would think encouraging more families to adopt would be ideal, but i guess the self righteous religious hypocrites have different ideas.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

---

It is pro birth, screw them when they're alive

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
can anybody provide a reason as to why its ok to discriminate against LBGT for anything, but more specifically, adoption?

as if we dont already have a bad enough problem as it is with so many kids ending up in the foster system, which often leads to child abuse and fraud?

one would think encouraging more families to adopt would be ideal, but i guess the self righteous religious hypocrites have different ideas.

There is no good reason Swish.. found a fact sheet that in 2017, there were over 7,000 kids in foster care in Kansas and they only had 700+ adoptions that year.. clearly supply is outpacing demand so there is no objective reason to deny anybody who can provide a child with a stable home from adopting a child

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
ugh. so your post, combined with CHS initial post, just triggered the hell out of me.

and it sucks cause i'm currently baked right now so i'm emotional. shout out to Arch.

this country confuses me more and more the older i get. crap just doesn't make any damn sense.

so, we have somewhere around half the population who doesn't support abortions. they call themselves pro-life....but they dont want to actually support pro-life policies, just the policy of not interfering in births.

because while you got upset at CHS for bringing up the pro-life phrase, it's absolutely valid in the sense that this bill discriminating against families wanting to adopt children for no other reason than that they are part of the LBGT is no pro-life whatsoever.

this bill didn't get passed for the children, this bill got passed for politicians and their donors own religious beliefs.

check this out. clicking on CHS's link, its a snippet of the full article here:

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article210442154.html

so just breaking this specific instance down, we can see what the agenda.

starting with this.

Quote:

The bill doesn’t apply to organizations that contract directly with DCF, allowing DCF to prohibit discrimination in placements. Agencies that refuse to place children with LGBT couples can continue to receive reimbursement from the state if they are making placements on behalf of a DCF contractor.

so for those who don't read links, the DCF is Kansas Department of Children and Families.

so DCF supported this bill, which is funny because this was stated earlier in the article:

Quote:

“Catholic Charities and other adoption agencies are key to the fabric of our communities. I look forward to signing this bill because it increases the opportunities for needy children to find loving homes,” Colyer said in a statement early Friday.

so we can already reasonably assume that catholic charities were in on this. straight up.

which is why in other threads in the past when we've dwelled into adoption, i called it one of the biggest scams in america.

why?

How Much Does Domestic Infant Adoption Cost
For private domestic infant adoption (birth mother relinquishment) you can adopt through an adoption agency or through an adoption lawyer. Adoption costs vary depending on birth mother expenses, including medical costs for the expectant woman, adoption agency/adoption attorney fees, travel, failed adoption matches, etc. The range for an adoption agency adoption is from $5,000 to $40,000+, with almost 60% falling within $10,000 – $30,000, and the average being around $28,000. Some adoption agencies have a sliding fee scale where adoption costs are based on your income.

https://creatingafamily.org/adoption-category/how-much-does-it-really-cost-to-adopt/

which means that kansas just past a bill giving religious charities an absolute monopoly on the adoption industry in their state.

nevermind the fact that the average cost of adoption is absolutely appalling.

nevermind the fact that this bill is discriminatory as all hell.

nevermind the fact that the adoption family pool just got LOWERED, further reducing the chance of these kids finding a loving home.

THEN, lets not forget: because of kansas trash republican leadership, the schools in that state had to move to a 4 day school week because of shrinking budgets. they lowered taxes out the ass in the state, reducing revenue that went to education, in the HOPES of an economic boom that NEVER HAPPENED.

so now on top of all that, the education standard got lowered, which means the kids going out into the world are gonna be less educated compared to students in some other states, which has been correlated with high birth rates among less educated populations, which will lead to MORE children in the adoption agencies, which sucks because they are being born in a state in which the number of families potentially adopting just shrunk due to the archaic and draconian legislation that they just passed.

there is absolutely zero evidence that supports the idea that those conservative politicians, or the people who voted for them btw because it is a lockdown red state, are pro-life.

they aren't pro-life. they are just pro-birth. because pro-birth = profits.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

There is no good reason Swish.. found a fact sheet that in 2017, there were over 7,000 kids in foster care in Kansas and they only had 700+ adoptions that year.. clearly supply is outpacing demand so there is no objective reason to deny anybody who can provide a child with a stable home from adopting a child

I'm kinda comforted to think my dad didn't engage in anal sex with another man.

I don't think it's a religious thing.

I guess I'm just old-fashioned.

Legend
Legend
and happy birthday bro

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
and my bad if i derailed the thread CHS. adoption and the way we treat kids in this country absolutely triggers me.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
This is not a simple issue. It's not just about abortion or gay rights or religious freedoms. Let's look at some situations.

Catholic girl gets pregnant. She is not married nor wants to be married or perhaps was raped. I mean kids make mistakes. She views the child as innocent and wrong to murder it. However she knows being a single mom will possibly ruin her chances at a decent life. For many it does. She feels guilty about giving the child up for adoption but finds some measure of comfort that if the child is adopted through the church at least she knows either the church will care for it or make a strong effort to find a good home that meets her religious beliefs. In her belief system turning her kid over to sexual perverts would be devastating. (I understand many of you don't feel that way.) Allowing a religious center of adoption to run according to their beliefs I think is important to ensure the wishes of the birth parents.

Now in a NON religious adoption center the chances are the kid was just abandoned with no special wishes. I think any person who has a job and no criminal record should be apply to adopt whether as a single person, married, gay, or whatever because their primary need is just someone who will be able to care for them and love them. Anything is better than some of the horrible conditions at state run adoption agencies.

I speak from experience because several of my family members have adopted children even including ones born to drug addicted mothers. They have adopted black, white, and hispanic kids so there is no racial boundary to it. Kids that came from the Catholic adoption centers were raised WAY, WAY better than the public adoption centers. Didn't matter to us though once your family then your family and you get loved forever.

It's not like that everywhere else though. Catholic adoption centers have some very strict vetting and a there are plenty of heteros that are denied the chance to adopt because they don't meet their standards. While they would love to find every kid a home they have to prove they can make a better home than the church does. That means spiritual, as well as, physical. I've seen the difference it makes in how well the young kids cope.

The catholic church is not perfect and I am not catholic myself but they run the best homes for children by far than anything the public runs. It really IS in the best interest of these kids to allow them to continue running their orphanages they way they have for thousands of years because no one does it better. It's not even close.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

I'm kinda comforted to think my dad didn't engage in anal sex with another man.

I don't think it's a religious thing.

I guess I'm just old-fashioned.

Me too man. I just can't imagine smoking that dirty pipe. It just grosses me out. I mean to each their own but I will never be anything but grossed out. No amount of PC will ever change my gut reaction.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Iowa governor signs fetal 'heartbeat bill' into law

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds on Friday signed off on a law banning most abortions if a fetal heartbeat can be detected, or at about six weeks of pregnancy, The Associated Press reported.

The restriction is the strictest abortion regulation in the nation, the AP said. It also said passage and enactment of the measure has set the state up for a protracted legal fight.

The State House passed the legislation on Tuesday night with a 51-46 vote, Iowa Public Radio reported. It was debated for more than eight hours before House representatives decided on it. The bill passed the Senate early Wednesday with a 27-19 vote.

The legislation bans abortion in all cases after six weeks of pregnancy, which critics of the legislation argue is before most women are aware they are pregnant. Up until now, a woman has been able to get an abortion in Iowa up to her 20th week.

However, the measure would not ban abortion after six weeks in all cases -- some exemptions include instances of rape, incest, fetal abnormalities or to save the mother’s life.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/05/04/iowa-governor-signs-fetal-heartbeat-bill-into-law.html

O
Legend
Legend
O
They should just ban them all together... GOP run amuck and when it's their teen daughters pregnant at 15 they'll quietly send them to a state where it's legal. Yep.

This targets nobody except the poor who can't afford to go out of state. If I was a young woman, I'd get a big jar of those morning after pills before they ban them too.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
They should just ban them all together... GOP run amuck and when it's their teen daughters pregnant at 15 they'll quietly send them to a state where it's legal. Yep.

This targets nobody except the poor who can't afford to go out of state. If I was a young woman, I'd get a big jar of those morning after pills before they ban them too.

I’d keep them like a jar of M&Ms and eat one after every time I had sex. Or just stop sleeping with men all together. Turn Iowa into the lesbian capital of the USA.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I’d keep them like a jar of M&Ms and eat one after every time I had sex. Or just stop sleeping with men all together. Turn Iowa into the lesbian capital of the USA.

I suppose Idaho is where you would send all the single moms? wink

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I suppose Idaho is where you would send all the single moms?

rofl

I just want to make sure I can still get a lei when I get off the plane in Hawaii....

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
I suppose Idaho is where you would send all the single moms?

rofl

I just want to make sure I can still get a lei when I get off the plane in Hawaii....

Only thing that can cure the Hawaiian disease 'nonookie' is 'comoniwannaleiya'...

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/05/18 05:21 PM.

Legend
Legend
OOOHHHH abortion talk. Bout to wind myself up

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Kansas to allow adoption groups to reject LGBT couples

Link Copied to Clipboard