Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Legend
Legend
B
Vers had a pretty good list, and we could probably name a few more.

The bigger point in all of this is we have several names and are having a hard time figuring out who we should take.

Scroll back any number of years and the list was much smaller and much easier to identify that player.

Things are looking up boys and girls!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Yeah I can read between the lines, Vers agenda posting again...lol

What part of TT is our starting QB this season does not resinate with you?

It is natural for your team to get behind the starter. If BM was named the starter he would have probably had similar comments about BM not TT.

Only one was the comment about being quite and hard workers, although quite frankly BM isn't that silent we know but don't forget the Journalists gravitate to him and ask him a zillion questions and he answers them.

Later. Yep the team and specifically DUKE hates BM without even knowing him as a competitor yet. He is familiar with TT not BM and TT is named our starter.

But we are to forget the wow factor from our coaches and high personnel guys on how They never saw the leadership and how teammates gravitated to BM like no other. But yeah you're right the team hates him...lol get real smh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
frankly BM isn't that silent

There’s over the counter meds for that. Ask your doctor or pharmacist.

wink

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think that overall, Dukes numbers will go down because Landry is going to get a lot of underneath throws that Duke got the last few years.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Or the opposite-- teams may put more focus on Landry which will open up more opps for Duke.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Or the opposite-- teams may put more focus on Landry which will open up more opps for Duke.

Maybe, but I don't think so. I don't think teams are just now going to focus on Landry. I think they have since about 3-4-5 games in to his rookie year.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Landry is also going to make a defense totally have to change to guard Duke/the flat, or put a linebacker on him and... we'll I'd hope you'd guess the pending outcome.

Either or, and I'm being honest, I just don't know how a defense is going to guard the type of Landry, Duke and Josh Gordon. Each of them should get their targets. Health, Tyrod taking what's there and off field mishaps will make or break the potential.

Last edited by Dawg_LB; 06/11/18 06:40 PM.
Legend
Legend
I don't expect Duke's numbers to go down too much because I expect our offensive numbers to go through the roof. He'll continue in a role that suits him best and have ample opportunity to make impact plays. I think game-planning to stop our offense will cause a lot of headaches for D coordinators around the league.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Ok.....that could be.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
I expect both Duke’s and Landry’s #’s to go down ... targets and catches anyhow ...

Only so many plays were gonna have on O and there’s only 1 ball and we FINALLY have PLENTY OF OTHERS to share with ....

Duke, Jarvis, Josh, Carlos are damm good football players ... Njoku may be one and then u have Nick, Calloway and possibly Coleman or Janis and DeValve ...

Thats a wee bit better than last years cast of characters ... thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Duke wasn't even our best player last year. That was Joe Thomas until he got hurt.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I expect both Duke’s and Landry’s #’s to go down ... targets and catches anyhow ...

Only so many plays were gonna have on O and there’s only 1 ball and we FINALLY have PLENTY OF OTHERS to share with ....

Duke, Jarvis, Josh, Carlos are damm good football players ... Njoku may be one and then u have Nick, Calloway and possibly Coleman or Janis and DeValve ...

Thats a wee bit better than last years cast of characters ... thumbsup

Agreed, and it's going to make Taylor's numbers look awesome.

Legend
Legend
One thing I expect is for drives to be extended as we have more weapons. That means more opportunities for everyone as the team develops and improves.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Njoku.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Up up and awayyyy!

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
duke is a bigger version of Terry Metcalf ex Card and Argonaunt.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: eotab
frankly BM isn't that silent

There’s over the counter meds for that. Ask your doctor or pharmacist.

wink

Or just get yourself a loud bathroom fan. Turning on the sink tap adds an extra level of buffer zone too.

M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
Just clicking

Very happy that we signed Duke, and naturally based upon my prior thoughts I was surprised at the terms of the deal. That said, unlike other contracts we have seen, this deal is one that Duke can reasonably expect to play out, so maybe it works to his advantage down the road.

I can't say we lowballed Duke when he could have chosen to not accept the deal, but I do feel it favors the team more than Duke. At the end of the day, Duke felt he was better off taking this deal than trying for more on the market. I've seen a few players bet on themselves in FA and whiff horribly recently, so taking the deal can make sense. That amount of guaranteed cash, while maybe not as big as other contracts, will set your family up for life if you are wise with it.

1st String
1st String
Yeah as really think that the team and the fans expected him not to do good. And hope that Duke will really keep on keeping on. Good for him!

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I didn't know where else to put this. Here seems like a good place:

Quote:
When I wrote this in 2007, NFL teams spent an average of $6.8M on RBs vs. cap of $109M (6.2%). Last season, they spent $7.5M vs. a cap of $167M (4.5%). As a proportion that's about a 30% drop in resource allocation to the position.

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/1006968987102732293

Legend
Legend
so we'll be pretty high on the list of RB expenditures this season

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
This year seeing as how we handed out 3 bonuses were going to blow it out of the water ...

I believe Barkley being drafted so high is now the 2nd highest paid RB in the league ... i believe i read that ... can anyone confirm or blow that up? ...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE our RB room ... only way it could possibly be any better IMO is if any of them could play right or left tackle .... thumbsup

Legend
Legend
I'm not sure if Barkely is 2nd, but he's definitely near the top now.

I agree about our RB room ... it's much improved IMO. We have a great balance: experience/youth, pass catching/in between the tackles

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
This year seeing as how we handed out 3 bonuses were going to blow it out of the water ...

I believe Barkley being drafted so high is now the 2nd highest paid RB in the league ... i believe i read that ... can anyone confirm or blow that up? ...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE our RB room ... only way it could possibly be any better IMO is if any of them could play right or left tackle .... thumbsup

Hopefully they can chip block with prowess before slipping out into the flats! wink

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Browns RBs coach to ride 'hot hand' with backfield trio

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-backfield-trio

The Cleveland Browns own a crowded backfield after signing Carlos Hyde, drafting Nick Chubb in the second round and giving Duke Johnson an extension.

How the rotation shakes out will be one thing to track next month at Browns' training camp. Running backs coach Freddie Kitchens plans to ride the "hot hand" this season.

"If they are having success why would you change?" Kitchens noted, via the team's official website.

"Ultimately, all three of those guys can run our running game," the RB coach added. "Duke can do a few more things in the passing game. Ultimately, we feel like that is a position of strength. Coach [Bill] Parcells taught me a long time ago, do not turn a position of strength into a weakness. You would like to keep it a strength, and we are fortunate that is where we are."

Hyde is likely to get the first shot at the early-down role. Coming off his best season in San Francisco, Hyde impressed quarterback Tyrod Taylor with his ability as a receiver.

"I did not really know much about Carlos before he came here," the QB said. "...To see him catch the ball out of the backfield and him run routes is definitely something that was shocking to me. He looks very good at it. Looking forward to using him."

How much Hyde stays on the field will depend on whether he displays that dual-threat ability once the pads come on.

Johnson projects to earn most of the pass-catching duties. As a movable chess piece who can split out wide, offensive coordinator Todd Haley could get creative using Johnson in 2-RB sets. The matchup nightmare could benefit most from the "hot hand" approach. When Johnson gets going in both the run and pass game, he's difficult to take off the field.

The wild card is rookie Chubb. His selection suggests it could be a quick run for Hyde in Cleveland (the Browns can get out of his deal next season). Kitchens praised the rookie as a "violent" runner.

"He has a great work ethic. He is physical in everything that he does," Kitchens said "He will take a handoff, and the handoff is violent. I think that is a very unique perspective from a running back standpoint that everything he does is violent. I think that he brings that to the table."

The Browns' offense has long needed the type of violence Chubb brings. If he impresses as much when the pads come on during training camp, Chubb should siphon off snaps from Hyde. It wouldn't surprise if the rookie took on a big role by midseason.

The enticing options in the backfield underscore just how much the Browns offense has improved on paper from last season. How Kitchens and Haley utilize that rotation could define how dangerous Cleveland can be in 2018.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns working to sign Duke Johnson to an extension

Link Copied to Clipboard