Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
New Laser drills will make the old metal drills and novocaine shots the torture devices of early 21st century dentistry.

These new dental laser drills are extremely precise. They make a much smaller hole in the tooth when removing the caries (decay/cavity). And they’re fast. So fast that your tooth nerves don’t sense them.

In other words, they’re painless. No more Novocaine shots.

Surgery 100 years ago was barbaric.

"Nurse, hand me a cigarette."

This same thing is about to happen this century in dentistry. In the year 2080, people will think that 2018 dentists were brutal.

Although I have a pretty good one - Dr. Adolf Goebbels, D.D.S.

Legend
Legend
I just had a filling done.

I never have Novocaine. I can't stand it. The burning and crawling feeling that lasts for 6 hours, and the itch that feels like it's about 3" inside my skin ... no thanks.

With my back and my feet, I have had to learn how to shut out some degree of pain, so I just prepare myself, and while it hurts, hen it's over, it's over.

The worst was when I had a tooth pulled. That really hurt, but again, once it was over, it was over.

I saw my Dermatologist yesterday, and was talking about this, and he also hated Novocaine. He said that he had 2 root canals done without Novocaine. That sounded .... unpleasant ..... but he echoed my thoughts .... once it's over, the pain is over.

Now if I can find a doctor with the laser, and it's not obscenely expensive, I would definitely consider going that route. However, I found only 1 when I checked around prior to having this tooth fixed, (and 1 whose laser was broken, with an indefinite date of repair) and it was about 2-3 times as much as my dentist charges. ($85 for a back tooth filling at my dentist compared to $200-$275 at the laser dentist)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I just had a filling done.

I never have Novocaine. I can't stand it. The burning and crawling feeling that lasts for 6 hours, and the itch that feels like it's about 3" inside my skin ... no thanks.

With my back and my feet, I have had to learn how to shut out some degree of pain, so I just prepare myself, and while it hurts, hen it's over, it's over.

The worst was when I had a tooth pulled. That really hurt, but again, once it was over, it was over.

I saw my Dermatologist yesterday, and was talking about this, and he also hated Novocaine. He said that he had 2 root canals done without Novocaine. That sounded .... unpleasant ..... but he echoed my thoughts .... once it's over, the pain is over.

Now if I can find a doctor with the laser, and it's not obscenely expensive, I would definitely consider going that route. However, I found only 1 when I checked around prior to having this tooth fixed, (and 1 whose laser was broken, with an indefinite date of repair) and it was about 2-3 times as much as my dentist charges. ($85 for a back tooth filling at my dentist compared to $200-$275 at the laser dentist)

Very interesting.

I get that "deep-itch-that-can't-be-scratched" sensation also.

Very unenjoyable. For several hours.

I can tolerate the Novocaine shot itself pretty well, but a few years ago I had a upper front tooth drilled, the Novocaine shot for the particular tooth was straight-up the front of my face and was incredibly painful.

Also, since I see Medicaid dentists (all dental is free - but there's a price), I'm seeing the bottom of the dental profession barrel.

And these dentists are incredibly busy. There's often a dozen people in the waiting room. I'm usually the only caucasian.

You can often hear yelling in spanish in the hallways. (especially when the dentist doesn't hand out Oxycontins)

Hey, I'm getting good with my spanish swearing.

Legend
Legend
i hate getting work done at the dentist, so I hope this becomes a popular and efficient method

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Another 21st century change coming - laser dentistry

Link Copied to Clipboard