Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
My message to WBNS10TV in Columbus :

It is pretty sad that an Ohio station has chosen to show the PITTSBURGH STEELERS over the in State CLEVELAND BROWNS because I know you wouldn't put the BENGALS over the BROWNS knowing we have beaten them twice and they are mailing in the season, and knowing the BROWNS RAVENS game will be much more competitive ... would you?

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

Per Jim Nantz, the GM @10TV reserves the right to switch the game. Looks like they decided to go with CIN-PITT. Assuming that's true, Nantz: "That really baffles me to be honest."

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
CBS Jim Nantz said last time Browns were feature national game at 4:25pm was 2001 when Browns played Bears.

Jim Nantz says Sunday’s 4:25 game at Baltimore will be seen by 60% of nation. He called it their ‘coming out party.’

JIm Nantz: 'My best guess (is Browns next year) will be on Thursday night, at least one Monday night appearance, and a Sunday night as well.'

Nantz says "guaranteed" Browns at New England next year will be a national game, either CBS DH game or Sunday night.

After listening to Jim Nantz talk about Browns-Ravens game, I'd rather watch it on TV than be there.

https://twitter.com/TonyGrossi

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
My message to WBNS10TV in Columbus :

It is pretty sad that an Ohio station has chosen to show the PITTSBURGH STEELERS over the in State CLEVELAND BROWNS because I know you wouldn't put the BENGALS over the BROWNS knowing we have beaten them twice and they are mailing in the season, and knowing the BROWNS RAVENS game will be much more competitive ... would you?

You might as well write to the NFL because the last time this happened the stations official line was they were forced to not show the Browns by national people.

The Browns have been "not shown" about 30 times in the last 4 years, so nothing new, if it's the case.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
OH MY GOD!!!! WE DID IT!!!!

Last edited by tastybrownies; 12/28/18 04:35 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This is the first time I've felt I was part of the group that made a difference using Twitter. This is awesome.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Legend
Legend
D
Angry fans must have shut down their fax machine.

Legend
Legend
Tulsa's still in the Cleveland viewing zone, so Sunday needs to hurry and get here before CBS can screw us out of the last game of the season. That blue or purple or whatever that color is, is Kansas City and it's getting too close.

#GMSTRONG
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Great news!!!

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Go to bar. Way more fun.

All the bars here are filled with steeler fans. Fat chance any local bars show the Browns.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
shameful.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Go to bar. Way more fun.

All the bars here are filled with steeler fans. Fat chance any local bars show the Browns.

Just sneer at them, and watch your game. (go to sports bar, they have all games)

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Go to bar. Way more fun.

Just sneer at them, and watch your game. (go to sports bar, they have all games)

Don’t forget the marbles for the floor and the tacks for their seat when they come back from the bathroom.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is one reason I left Columbus. Here are the stats of 2011 Columbus from my experience

40% Browns 25% Bengals 15% Steelers 20% other

Email the WBNS director of programming, he made the decision, it was his call.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Go to bar. Way more fun.

I live in San Diego and there is a sports bar called Draft Republic that is right by my place.

There are two bartenders who are there every Sunday. One of the bartenders who is there every Sunday is a Bengals fan (from Cinci and lived in Cleveland) and the other is a Steelers fan.

Last week I had a bet with the Bengals fan on the game as to whoever won (loser had to buy the opposing teams jersey).

Given that the Steelers need the Browns to win this week, and the other bartender now has to buy a Browns jersey. This Sunday should be pretty fun smile

(Oh the Bengals fan has some interesting stories about working the bars in Cleveland when Johnny Manziel was here. Apparently she worked at a bar he would frequent and he would sneak in the back and just get plastered. Supposedly he wasn't a good tipper either.)

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The ironic part of this Columbus conversation, who saved the Columbus Crew?

Bengal fans, steeler fans, genuflect before ownership from northeast Ohio. Columbus gets a little southern, little too Appalachian for my taste, probably why they bow to the masses this Sunday, Steelers by 25, bad game to air for such a large market.

I’ve been to 4 different BB bars in Columbus, find one of them

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
How far aways the bar ...

Cause i would imagine someone that can afford to drive from Tenn to C-town 6 - 7 times a year ... can AFFORD an UBER 3 OR 4 TIMES A YEAR to the bar for games that end after dark .... actually ... get a damm hotel within walking distance then its only the AWAY GAMES ...

Tell ya what ... if its an issue .... i’ll pick up the uber bill for ya dawg ... *LOL* ...

Suck it up snowflake ... i’ve Still got two nephews active in sports and fall sundays are usually spent at a tournament for one of them (had 3 up til this year .. 17 year old graduated early and is reporting to MEPS on the 2nd and Paris Island on the 4th ... ) so for the next 7 or 8 years .... especially now that I ACTUALLY WANT TO WATCH THE GAMES ...

NIGHT GAMES ROCK ... *L* ...

thumbsup

I didn't say I wasn't going to go. I just said I don't like night games.

I will do what most of the others do, I'll find out today. If most are going to meet up his last game, I'll go. If most are going to watch from the comfort of their home, I'll do that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I apologize, I just assumed the worst. I should have read the threads, good for you guys, really.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Go to bar. Way more fun.

We don't have a sports bar here. Damons was the only bar that played multiple games. Most of the bar owners here are sqealer fans and would have their game on all the TVs. It sucks.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
E
Legend
Legend
E
Go to bar. Way more fun.

We don't have a sports bar here. Damons was the only bar that played multiple games. Most of the bar owners here are sqealer fans and would have their game on all the TVs. It sucks.

Then go to a chain restaurant (Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, etc), as most of them have bar areas with multiple tvs and will put on whatever game you want. smile

No Craps Given
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
[s][/s]Map has changed. The game is back on in Columbus.

Is Diam ordering an Uber for Ballpeen though? tongue

Last edited by CHSDawg; 12/30/18 01:11 PM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
jc -

I know there's a bunch of Romo guys here but I am dreading this call.

The best analogy to Romo is a high school girl who just saw her best friends boyfriend kissing another girl.

"Oh no, there's Tommy, there he goes, a kiss is coming here, watch this Jim, he's moving in, he's using the locker room to shield the other kids, he's a got his buddy who's a lookout at the top of the hall, oh no, oh no, here it comes, here it comes..."

It is brutal.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
This is the most accurate depiction of Romo calling a game I've ever seen. brownie

There are times to get excited about the game and then there's not. Romo doesn't have any sort of filter, he's giddy and over the top 100% of the time.

He is the polar opposite of Jim Nantz, who is a great broadcaster. Maybe those that like him think he brings that certain energy to the game I don't know.

-Charles Bukowski
E
Legend
Legend
E
LOL That made me laugh.

No Craps Given
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

-Charles Bukowski
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
It switched on me to the stupid bengals wtf

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Ravens 26 Browns on in C-Bus

Link Copied to Clipboard