Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I wasn't in the US at the time of the Clinton impeachment. But dang - if the GOP can impeach a guy for a BJ .... courting and accepting Russian help to win an election is something worth investigating. And that investigation lead to the multiple times Trump is noted in the report as trying to hinder, influence, hamper the investigation (obstruction)..... As Mueller said, obstruction goes to the heart of the justice system .... that is worth investigating too. Suggesting this is a coup of a deep state action is the height of irony, since there is only one person flagrantly abusing the system for personal gain and personal protection. Hopefully the truth comes out.

If you go back, at that time, the Republicans had control of both the house and senate... And they were hell bent on getting clinton.

The really funny thing is, from 2010 to 2017, republicans controlled the house and senate and you would think that if Obama was as bad a president as they try to tell you, they'd have been able to impeach him.. no question.. Clearly, he must not of broken any laws.....

Additionally, the house and senate were both republican ruled and they couldn't get Hillary..... I think it's a matter of them telling people how bad those folks were over and over again, yet when they had the power, they couldn't get it done.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it, Trumps worst nightmare would be if the House stays Democrat controlled and the Senate turns Democrat and Trump gets relected....

That would be the end,,,, with nobody left to pardon him like Ford did to Nixon... He'll end up in the pen

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:
Schumer warned. "If we lose faith in our electoral process, democracy begins to walk away from us, and we'll be a different country."

Guess what chuck? We already are. More reason for you Biden and Bernie to let the young dems step in and win the fight now because your all way too weak to do it.

And there's not enough of you to win anything.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Of whom, millennials?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes. And far left progessives in general.

I don't have a problem with the youth taking over the party in general. As long as it's a common sense candidate like Mayor Pete.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Left turns are always more dangerous than right turns.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 07/26/19 07:48 PM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not the last time I drove in Dublin...

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
He was impeached for perjury.

why do you think they fought so hard to keep Trump from testifying? He can't open his mouth without lying.

And he was impeached for perjury ... because he was being questioned under oath about a freaking BJ...... so yes, perjury is bad, but to suggest that after Russia helped Trump get elected (I have no idea if Trump wins with or without Russia's help - no-one will ever know) - after 140+ contacts between Trumps's campaign and Russia ... to call the Mueller investigation bogus in comparison ... smh

I'm curious. Been on a vacation for a week. Haven't paid any attention to this whole thing for the last week.

You know, chilling, boating, eating, pulling my nephews tubing, cruising Lake Michigan, etc.

So, HOW did Russian help Trump get elected? I'm really curious as to the proof of that.

See, here's the thing: If it were, as the dem's say, collusion or conspiracy or whatever other term you want to use, charge him. I'd be all for that.

But they won't. They won't start articles of impeachment. Why? If the proof is there, do it!!

Oh, wait, maybe the dem's want to appear tough, as they've been talking about impeachment since day 1 of the Trump admin.

Why would they do that? Pandering to their base. The old "we're doing everything we can to impeach trump, because we have all this proof he colluded with the Russians................but, we won't charge him with that cause, like, I mean, you know, we don't have any proof. But we won't say we don't have proof. We'll keep saying we DO have proof, but we won't prove we have proof, cause we don't. But, we're trying to get votes for ourselves, and doing our damndest to convince our voters we are trying."

P
Legend
Legend
P
That entire obstruction of justice thing went right over your head didn't it?

As usual, you're welcome to do your own homework. Get back to us when you're done. It isn't hard. Most of it is in this thread. People would just have to repeat what's already in this thread to accommodate you. Nah.....

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I guess it did go over my head. If the proof is there, charge him.

Fairly simple concept, isn't it?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Once again you missed it.

The justice department has ruled that a sitting president can not be charged with a crime. They have concluded that the president is above the law.

You really haven't been following any of this have you?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
If a sitting president can't be charged, why harp about it now? Let's wait until the election. If he loses, bring it up. If he wins, bring it up 4 years later.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Because Mueller left it up to congress to address. That's part of their job. The fact he left it up to congress was stated in the report.

You and many others like you that share your view, expect congress not to do their job in following up on the evidence trail.

People like myself point out all of the points Mueller made that show obstruction to help get the message out to those who didn't bother to read the report.

Your above posts indicate that you are one such person. It's as if you don't care at all about what he did or didn't do. That the chain of command dictates that congress investigate these things and act accordingly, while you call that, "carrying on".

I pretty much side with your plan of action though. I don't think it makes any difference in terms of having him impeached. The senate will never vote him out no matter what he's done. They've stood beside him while he's said so many vile things, they simply do not care. They make excuses for his actions at every turn.

At the same time I admire congress in being thorough and meticulously going through all of the evidence and bringing everything to light that's been done.

The best voter is an informed voter.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Once again you missed it.

The justice department has ruled that a sitting president can not be charged with a crime. They have concluded that the president is above the law.

Where does Nixon fit in this? How about Clinton?

Asking, cause I don't know.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Congress voted to impeach Clinton. The senate did not vote to have him impeached.

Nixon resigned because he felt impeachment was inevitable.

How is it you can not actually know these things? You do know you can look these things up on google in a matter of seconds, right?

Who did you get to do your homework in high school?

I mean, I just don't get how the world turns around you and you do so little to keep up with the rotation? I thought you advocated that the voting public keep themselves informed?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
If a sitting president can't be charged, why harp about it now? Let's wait until the election. If he loses, bring it up. If he wins, bring it up 4 years later.

That is exactly Nancy Pelosi's strategy. And you can be sure it will happen. Impeachment is a political tool, and no matter how justified the GOP will never ratify impeachment and Trump will look like the victim. Both at State level and Fed level, Trump is going to be facing some battles when he leaves office.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Dude's not built for prison.
Soft as unbaked cookie dough.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

If Trump is voted out in 2020, he could and probably would be charged by the DOJ. But if he wins, the Statutes of Limitations may run out on his crimes before January 2025 when he would officially out of office. If that were to happen he would not be charged and effectively got away with them... above the law.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/27/19 07:03 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mueller’s testimony ...

Link Copied to Clipboard