Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Re read what I wrote Bone, continuity kicked our ass. Learn get better and avoid all the costly penalties sheeeeesh

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

A lot of the conversation in this thread involved the quarterbacks. It's very early in the season, but here are the top 10 QBs in QBR.

Prescott
Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Brady
Brees
Keenum
Jimmy G
Wentz
Stafford

Baker is 21st.

Some other notable qbs who are ranked low include Big Ben, Rodgers, Cam, Goff, and Trubisky.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

A lot of the conversation in this thread involved the quarterbacks. It's very early in the season, but here are the top 10 QBs in QBR.

Prescott
Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Brady
Brees
Keenum
Jimmy G
Wentz
Stafford

Baker is 21st.

Some other notable qbs who are ranked low include Big Ben, Rodgers, Cam, Goff, and Trubisky.
Lamar and Jimmy G have stood out to me thus far ... not really in terms of being GREAT or ELITE yet, but because they’ve received good coaching IMO and are SET UP to succeed. Kind of the opposite of what’s happening here thru 2 weeks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's kind of what I've seen so far with Lamar. They're leaning on their run game and then having Lamar uncork big throws. I'm curious to see how that'll look when they (eventually) have to go up against a legit D, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
The Cardinals have a decent defense.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
That's kind of what I've seen so far with Lamar. They're leaning on their run game and then having Lamar uncork big throws. I'm curious to see how that'll look when they (eventually) have to go up against a legit D, though.
One thing that kind of works in their favor: a lot of D’s are geared to stopping the pass now, so they buck the trend and are tougher to stop IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O

Fair enough. I went back and double-checked.
Rankings from last year show they were 20th for yards allowed/game and 26th in points allowed/game.

So far (2 games, so definitely take it for what it's worth), they're 30th in yards/game and 23rd in pts/game. I went ahead and put this season's stats because it would indicate that they haven't (as of yet) made some mind-blowing turnaround from last year. This might be a simple difference of opinion (or wording) but 20th in yards and 26th in points is approaching mediocrity, at best.
There very well might be more to the story than that (ex. offense putting the defense in bad spots throughout the year).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I disagree.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm curious to see how that'll look when they (eventually) have to go up against a legit D, though.

Who did the Browns roll out there in the matchup last year near the final 2 weeks of the season? I consider it legit-ish.

I think the Ravens O had a look of some ups and downs.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Which Way Will It Go

Link Copied to Clipboard