Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Who can run the ball and have less TOs will win. I'm picking us because of Chubb and Hunt.
Yeah, but is fraddie going to run the ball? He threw it 30+ times in a game last week we were ahead most of.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Keys; on D put pressure on their young QB. Dial up some blitz packages. We don't Blitz much, do it this game. On O use our new weapon Kareem. Run a lot, use play action off that, no TO's keep penalties down.

If we weren't going to blitz in the Denver game, we definitely won't tonight.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Your probably right. Which leads me to ask WHY?

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Ok terry
First Freddy will have more wins in his 1st year then
Jimmy Johnson
Bill Walsh
Tom Landry
Kyle Shanahan
Bill belicheck
2nd we were beat buy playoff teams early in his rookie year (no shame).
3rd His in season corrections seem to be working

Last edited by jacksondawg; 11/14/19 12:41 PM.
Legend
Legend
This is Cleveland. We throw the baby out and recycle the bath water if the baby isn't cleaning himself and half the house right out of the womb.

Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
His in season corrections seem to be working

This is the biggest thing for me. I want to see this continue to progress. A bumpy start was expected (not quite this bumpy, but still), there needs to be attention paid to the growth and progress of the roster as a team when evaluating things.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
This is Cleveland. We throw the baby out and recycle the bath water if the baby isn't cleaning himself and half the house right out of the womb.

Originally Posted By: jacksondawg
His in season corrections seem to be working

This is the biggest thing for me. I want to see this continue to progress. A bumpy start was expected (not quite this bumpy, but still), there needs to be attention paid to the growth and progress of the roster as a team when evaluating things.

Agreed. The team is playing more disciplined and I think is more effective because of that. I just hope FK has it within him to be able to step back and assess what he is trying to do objectively. I'd hate for the guy to struggle trying to find answers when a lot of the answers are right in front of him.

I'll FK credit for wanting to be aggressive. I think ultimately that's what we'd all like to see this team be. But aggressive doesn't just mean trying to be tricky or constantly trying to outsmart the other guy. Sometimes you need to be straight up and obvious.

I'd love for him to approach tonight's game and in an interview just straight up say "We've got Chubb and Hunt and it's going to be their night". Tell them what your plan is and have a plan B IF the Steelers are able to stop your run game. But only IF... if they don't have answer for it, keep doing it until they do!

Regardless of actual scheme, we'll never be an 'aggressive' team until we start forcing our opponents to react to what we are doing instead of changing our game plan prematurely based on what we think they are going to do

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
FATE #1692178 11/14/19 01:00 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

My game plan on defense would be this:

Stack the box and rush the passer often. Force Mason to beat you down the field. he is afraid to throw the ball long, and is king check down. Get our guys up to the LOS and make conner work for every yard. Play 3 LB most of the game. Watch out for D. Johnson, that kid can run. When hes in the game I would have ward on him due to his speed.

Offense:

I would run, run, and run some more. Use play action and take a deep shot or two early to keep their rush honest.

I other than those deep shots early, I would keep everything else quick and easy. Slants, curls, drag routes, etc. DO NOT FORCE A BALL near Fitzpatrick. He will read it and take it the other way. Dude has more TDs than Odell this year.

There is not reason we should not run the ball 30+ times tonight.

Now, the game plan I think we will see:

Def - we will run the 4-2 and king check down mason will eat up our soft zone coverage for 6-7 yards a clip. They will run conner up the gut right at our LB, and Joe S. will be tackling him from behind all day. They will hit McDonald on a quick pass play and he will break 3 tackles for a big gain and possibly a TD.

Offense - we will throw the ball 20X by halftime. a lot of trick plays and quirky stuff that will fool no one, and lead to 4 sacks. Baker will get antsy and try to force one to OBJ that will get picked by Minkah.

FATE #1692179 11/14/19 01:01 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
j/c

One key is no empty backfield especially when we are deep in the hole and in the redzone on offense.

Last edited by Riley01; 11/14/19 01:02 PM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Riley01
j/c

One key is no empty backfield especially when we are deep in the hole and in the redzone on offense.

Honestly I don't want to see it at all

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I agree with you 100% but if he is gonna be boneheaded and call an empty backfield I hope its done on a part of the field where it wont hurt us that much.

FATE #1692246 11/14/19 03:36 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1. Freddie, put Chubb and Hunt in game at same time.

2. Mayfield see ball, give ball to Chubb or Hunt.

3. Mayfield play action, pass ball to OBJ, VG, Chubb, Hunt or Hollywood.

How could there be any question that these are the keys to the game?

This is so obvious. It doesn't take a genius Fred.

FATE #1692253 11/14/19 03:57 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Run Game (Chubb/Hunt Together)
OL (Pass Blocking)
DL (Pressure) (Garrett Needs A Monster Game Like 4 Sacks and Stripping the Ball)
OBJ/Landrey/HIGGINS Need Big Games
LB's Need to Step Up
Of Course Baker Needs His First (Of Many) Win Against These Bums

Last edited by PastorMarc; 11/14/19 03:58 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
FATE #1692264 11/14/19 04:26 PM
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Robinson blows watt of the ball
Chubb and hunt 200 yards

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Steelers 7 Keys to the Game

Link Copied to Clipboard