Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Legend
Legend

There were a bunch of candidates. Arians campaigned for the job.

Haslam and Dorsey made their call. No looking back.

My point is Arians has done way more with less. And that is a valid way to measure a new hire.

I hate the thought of firing a guy after one year. Hate it.

However, I look at this season and coaching stands in front of a line of problems.

I continue to support Dorsey. I believe in the guy. He knows what talent looks like. Nobody is a perfect GM. All make mistakes. It comes with the job.

He made the Freddie hire. He also drafted Corbett. He accepted the error in Corbett and moved on.

Dorsey has to look at alternatives. If he does not see the right fit then he should keep Freddie.

If he sees someone who he believes can do better then he should pursue that person.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
J/C...I haven't read every single post of this 11 page thread. However, I would like to say that one major thing that is getting forgotten in all of this is the Zampese firing and Lindley hiring. All coaches bring in their own guys, it is a league of nepotism. However, Wylie said it and we all scoffed at it...now look where we are. Zampese has a proven record, no his stint at Cincy didn't end well. But, Lindley was brought in and tasked with working with a #1 draft pick franchise QB in his sophomore year. Lindley has NO EXPERIENCE what so ever yet he was given this huge title. All of us are wary of firing and rehiring simply because our history hasn't been kind, BUT....if we keep FK my feeling is he HAS to be told to fire or demote Lindley, bring in a true and proven QB coach and if we keep Monken then he should also release play calling to TM.

Legend
Legend

There is no questioning that Baker has regressed.

Why and how is hard to pin down.

I know what Wylie said but IMO that has to be taken with a grain of salt.

The fact is Zampese is out of the NFL. And his record with the Bengals was not good.

If he was held in great regard given his history and lineage; he would be employed in the NFL.

In addition he would also have been given better opportunities than a qb coach.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Fair enough. But...Lindley is clearly NOT the guy either.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Report: Browns plan to retain Freddie Kitchens 'barring a horrific collapse'

Link Copied to Clipboard