Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Legend
Legend
P
OBJ was hurt the entire season. That's the exact kind of thing people leave out of the conversation when trying to reach a conclusion without considering pertinent evidence. When someone wishes to leave out a critical piece of the information in an actual discussion, it has to make one wonder about their motivation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
regardless of what you think others thought, you still dismissed the good Sashi did and good players he brought in as though it were bad and give no credit where credit is due. That's the ironic part.

He did know how to tear a team down in the most positive of ways. But once again you and a few others know more than the entire NFL who wouldn't even give the man a job. 31 other NFL GM's disagree with you yet I'm the one who can't see what Sashi did here?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
...But not bringing a far more talented roster the the Browns wasn't one of those mistakes...

Ok...now tell me who represents the "far more talented roster". You keep saying that...so making a nice list should be very simple.

You can look at almost any sports publication, former NFL GM or HC statements on our team to find that out. I'm not wasting any more time on trying to give charity to our blind posters.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
OBJ was hurt the entire season. That's the exact kind of thing people leave out of the conversation when trying to reach a conclusion without considering pertinent evidence. When someone wishes to leave out a critical piece of the information in an actual discussion, it has to make one wonder about their motivation.

I don't know how any of our offense weapons can be graded unbiasedly from last season with the offensive offence we employed.

As Juice noted, its about the players, not the plays.

Most teams game plan to take advantage of mismatches with their weapons. We never expressed that mindset in our offensive game planning. It was all about Freddie and the plays that he called and wanted to run.
(See the lack of use of Chubb down the stretch)

Meanwhile the team suffered under his stiff necked, pigheaded, unflexable, immature self.
"Pittsburg started it"

You can't tell me that his undesirable attributes could not have been perceived before the fact.

I have no confidence in whosoever the Browns decide to make our next Coach and GM.

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's the thing I find so hilarious about some of the posts regarding our talent.

It's obvious Freddie didn't use a scheme that fit the talent. People seem quick to point that out and I certainly won't disagree with them.

Then they blame the talent. They want it both ways. Almost everyone raved about the talent we assembled until Freddie botched things up. And now suddenly they thing the carriage turned into a pumpkin.

#gmstrong
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Sign
Flowers lb rams
Sign costanzo

Draft ruggs wr Alabama
Solomon kindley guard Georgia
Xavier McKinney

Trade are 3rd and 4th
Gladney db TCU
Hire coughlin

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Someone posted a video with McD and Bill breaking down offense in tha NE v LA Superbowl. I bet 5 times McD mentions putting guys in situations to succeed that fit their strengths. He also mentions successful plays and running them until you can't. It was good stuff!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Someone posted a video with McD and Bill breaking down offense in tha NE v LA Superbowl. I bet 5 times McD mentions putting guys in situations to succeed that fit their strengths. He also mentions successful plays and running them until you can't. It was good stuff!

So you're basing your opinion on some video and not on his track record when he came out from under BB's skirt? Come on man. That's all fine and well as long as he knows how to do that. I'm sure guys don't get these jobs without saying the right thing. When you've been on a stable team for so long that's a lot easier to accomplish than running a team with a revolving turnstyle at the FO and HC positions.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The Pats Offensive and Defensive strategies has always been to attack the weakness of the other teams D and O. This is applied on a game to game basis.

This is a concept that the Browns coaching and their game planning has never seemed to grasp. The "Art of War", man.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So you're basing your opinion on some video and not on his track record when he came out from under BB's skirt? Come on man. That's all fine and well as long as he knows how to do that. I'm sure guys don't get these jobs without saying the right thing. When you've been on a stable team for so long that's a lot easier to accomplish than running a team with a revolving turnstyle at the FO and HC positions.

Actually, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he's done some serious self evaluating. McD is the one guy I both feared we'd hire OR would be sorry we didn't. Should he be hired I'm going to just back, hope this guy and the organization has learned something and see what transpires! What else can you do?...

P
Legend
Legend
P
What else can we do? Let history teach us a lesson we seem to keep forgetting.

Do NOT blindly believe or support someone just because, "Jimmy hires him".

Do NOT set your hopes high and keep your expectations low on, "Anyone and everyone Jimmy hires".

Anyone who is willing to blindly "back someone" just because they get hired here obviously hasn't learned their lesson yet.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Based on absolutely nothing besides him being good at football:

I am all in on Jason Peters as our left tackle.

Thank you for taking this time to read my horrible post.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Here's the video...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Peters didn't have a good play-off game .. just saying

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Peters didn't have a good play-off game .. just saying

Basing an evaluation off one game is not wise.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well that settles it then! rofl

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not trying to .. Just the latest installment . Guy has had a pretty successful carrier so far ..

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Not trying to .. Just the latest installment . Guy has had a pretty successful carrier so far ..

Bill Belicheck is an excellent carrier (of coordinators).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
...But not bringing a far more talented roster the the Browns wasn't one of those mistakes...

Ok...now tell me who represents the "far more talented roster". You keep saying that...so making a nice list should be very simple.

You can look at almost any sports publication, former NFL GM or HC statements on our team to find that out. I'm not wasting any more time on trying to give charity to our blind posters.

So...that's all you've got? Really?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, the vast majority of every football expert in America. What do you have? A few of you guys on a message board?

rofl

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Fixing the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard