Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Your claim was " Their platform ideas DO NOT sell with the American people".

When I pointed out that the "majority of people" voted Democrat in 2016 and 2018 you come up with a map that has nothing to do with that.

You can use a map all you like. But next time, try to use the number of actual voters. I mean unless you're conceding that you were wrong. Which you clearly are.

I am conceding that liberal states like California/New York/Massachsetts went Democrat in a huge way. Most of the USA went for Trump. And, will do so again in November.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you are conceding that the majority of Americans support Democrats? You do understand that geography does not represent people, right? I know you somehow feel that dividing Americas by their politics makes a point. However, every person born in America are Americans no matter their politics.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Your claim was " Their platform ideas DO NOT sell with the American people".

When I pointed out that the "majority of people" voted Democrat in 2016 and 2018 you come up with a map that has nothing to do with that.

You can use a map all you like. But next time, try to use the number of actual voters. I mean unless you're conceding that you were wrong. Which you clearly are.

Which is exactly why we need the electoral college.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
So you are conceding that the majority of Americans support Democrats? You do understand that geography does not represent people, right? I know you somehow feel that dividing Americas by their politics makes a point. However, every person born in America are Americans no matter their politics.

We are divided by Geography. They are called States.

In baseball a team can out hit the other team and lose the game.

In football a team can gain more yards but lose the game.

In politics a party can get more votes but lose an election.

That is how it works. My goodness gracious, bless your heart! You just cannot get over the fact that Trump won 3 and 1/2 years ago. Aren't you special.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Quote:
You do understand that geography does not represent people, right?

It kind of does... The reason the map looks the way it does and the popular vote looks the way it does is a direct result of the fact that generally urban folk and country folk think and act differently, they have different priorities..

I know that most liberals have nothing but disdain for those Americans in red states and hold nothing but contempt for their deplorable way of life, clinging to their guns and their Bibles.. and generally believe that the urban elite actually know what's better for them than they do... But those rural folks would still like to feel like their entire states worth of votes isn't wiped out by one DC suburb...

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have zero disdain for anyone. Hell, I live in Tennessee. I wasn't kidnapped and brought here against my will. wink

What I do have a problem with is people making silly claims that the math doesn't support. The voters of America most certainly supported Democrats. Voters equal people. It's not a complicated concept.

All you have to do is read the little tantrum Day of The Dawg posted.

He can't admit the scoreboard reflects the scores a team made. Each vote is a point. He wants to make silly comparisons that do not apply.

If anything, the opposite of what he said is true. He doesn't want to admit that Trump lost by more votes than any president in American history that still became president.

I understand why all of you love the electoral college. It's because each American doesn't have an equal voice. And that caters very well to you winning elections and still calling it a democracy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's not a democracy, it's a democratic (or constitutional) republic.

I honestly don't understand why you want a country where the voters of the 10-15 biggest cities elect the President every 4 years.

Oh wait, yes I do.. they are largely all democrats.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
You mean those cities that subsidize the broke ass conservative counties?

Yea, it’s like the trophy wife complaining she doesn’t get to make a lot of decisions too.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
You mean those cities that subsidize the broke ass conservative counties?

Yea, it’s like the trophy wife complaining she doesn’t get to make a lot of decisions too.

Does this same theory apply to those people who subsidize other broke ass people? Or is this just purely about states and political parties as far as who deserves more say in government?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
You tell me. You’re the one who made the comment. I’m simply responding to it.

Hell, I want to know what direction you even want to take this. Cause either way, the system is out of whack.

You want to take about cities and states? Then I’ve already commented.

You want to talk about people subsidizing other people, then I can start hammering home how massive income inequality and policies under the guise of “pro growth” tend to land even more poor people on the system.

Let me know.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
It's not a democracy, it's a democratic (or constitutional) republic.

I honestly don't understand why you want a country where the voters of the 10-15 biggest cities elect the President every 4 years.

Oh wait, yes I do.. they are largely all democrats.

I'm not certain why you feel some voters should have their vote count as up to four times as powerful as another Americans vote. No wait, yes I do. Because Republicans like winning with less votes.

Murica!

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Michigan Governor's Husband and Boat Request

Link Copied to Clipboard