Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think some people will be surprised at how well Tillman performs in the absence of Cooper if he's given the opportunity to do so.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
According to Adam Shefter about a half hour ago, Coop is "unlikely to play"

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

I'm praying that this isn't a trap game, as Pittsburgh has owned us since our return in 99. I expect them to correct their mistake from last week, and give Harris 20+ carries....I think they will force is to dial back our aggressiveness due to us crashing in too far. Jaylen Warren had an excellent camp, so I expect them to sprinkle him in as well...especially as an outlet back. Ultimately, I think it boils down to Deshaun Watson....we need him to finally turn the corner. If not, and he's the same QB that has presented himself the past 7 games....then this game, can go very wrong. Would be awesome to finally go 2-0 and be a top the AFC North.

T
Legend
Legend
T
It's not possible to be a "trap" game since the Browns haven't done anything yet.
It's also not possible to meet the definition of a trap game if you are playing at Pittsburgh on MNF, in week #2 when nobody knows how bad the team you beat in week one will end up being.
It may as well be an opening day game, as much as a trap game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted by tru_dawgs
as Pittsburgh has owned us since our return in 99.

Pittsburgh hasn’t owned us for about 5 years now. We’ve split with them several times and kicked the snot out of them a couple times in the course of doing so. Pittsburgh has the longest playoff-victory drought of all the teams in our division, and one of the longest in the AFC.

The Browns got kicked around by the entire nfl for a decade plus, but have been a tough out for all teams for a few years now.

As for Monday vs Pittsburgh, I’ve got a feeling that the zebras will try to play a role in the outcome of this game.

Legend
Legend
We have to beat Pitt.... praying that Watson has a break out game...

<><

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think some people will be surprised at how well Tillman performs in the absence of Cooper if he's given the opportunity to do so.

I won't, I said so during preseason, I have followed TN since Manning was there, Tillman has every tool you want.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Cooper is OUT now ... so clearly he's not close to playing. Ill stand by my prediction that he'll be out until week 6

He might. Groin pulls can be tricky. They can be hard to heal.

We will get to see our receivers of next year, Moore and Tillman. Cooper is probably gone next year. I'd like to see Moore playing more as a receiver and less like a Debo Sammuel. I don't want gadget plays to be his bread and butter. I want to see him catch 7 of 10 targets for 120 yards. If a TD happens, great. If YAC is his only hope, we can't count on that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Rookie
Rookie
C
[As for Monday vs Pittsburgh, I’ve got a feeling that the zebras will try to play a role in the outcome of this game.[/quote]

I remember a few referee crews that were just awful in the past...hope we get a good crew.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Cleats
[As for Monday vs Pittsburgh, I’ve got a feeling that the zebras will try to play a role in the outcome of this game.

I remember a few referee crews that were just awful in the past...hope we get a good crew.[/quote]

That is what it is. Some crews allow DB's to play a tighter coverage as an example, some don't.

To me the key is Deshawn has to get the ball out. In an effort to allow the receiver to get open, he tries to push that internal clock to the max. To try to help his tackles, tonight he might be best to 1 read, 2 read, get out or check down.

We need to avoid getting behind the chains or losing ground we have already gained.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Cleats
[As for Monday vs Pittsburgh, I’ve got a feeling that the zebras will try to play a role in the outcome of this game.

I remember a few referee crews that were just awful in the past...hope we get a good crew.[/quote]

This "first down" for the steelers gave them the game. I knew the fix was in.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure the NFL and every sports talk person not in Pitts or Balt is interested in seeing the Browns successful.

Our schedule is actually going to work in our best interest and I think we need to go 6-2 or 5-3 to have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 22 Steelers 26 Beating Pittsburgh

Link Copied to Clipboard