Hall of Famer
F

3 members like this: Ballpeen, FATE, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by bonefish
Going into the season many thought that linebacker was a problem. That has not been the case.

Walker, JOK and Taki have played well.

I wrote a piece about "unit play" and how important it was in defense. It is what Schwartz emphasizes.

While this may not be the total answer I think a lot of it is due to scheme. We have a defense in which the secondary was drafted whose strong suit was playing man coverage. Using more man coverage plays to the strength of that unit. The LB'ers, even more so JOK is a read and react player. His physical skill set just screams to let him read the play and react accordingly. When you restrict players such as that to a single assignment or playing an area on the field rather than allowing them to freelance, it limits the skill set and abilities that made those players so attractive to draft in the first place.

The Browns now have a defensive scheme that aligns with the talent of the players. That is making all of the difference in the world IMO.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Rishuz
BTW, not sure if anyone has mentioned this...but how about Stef showing some emotion...I dig it.

Coaches lead in different ways. Tom Landry almost never showed any emotion. There is no "one size fits all".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Rishuz
BTW, not sure if anyone has mentioned this...but how about Stef showing some emotion...I dig it.

He didn't want Schwartz to give him a loaf during film study.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
True statement. I agree.

This defense is so much fun to watch. They play so well together.

I wish I could get my youtube account figured out so I could immediately rewind the plays as the game is on and then go right back to the play like I could with directv.

I love doing that because I can watch certain players and then go back and watch others on the same play.

I heard there are ways to get coaches views of the field so you can see the full play develop.

Some of the DL play has been so outstanding. Coverage like black on coal. Tackling on the spot no advance.

Schwartz has this defense so in tune.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
L
Legend
Legend
L
The tackling has been outstanding. We don’t give up a lot of YAC or much else in the way of extra yards. We are putting them on the ground. This is a seriously good D.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
I love those Burns documentaries

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 27 Titans 3 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard