Print Thread
#2030927 09/27/23 02:34 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I know it's early and a small sample size to work with so I'm not sure how much importance one can put on this. But it is a stark contrast that is troubling in the moment. It's not that I consider the person who posted these tweets is a reliable source, but what he's doing is showing a sample size of what and how reliable sources rank and view our OL.

Browns OL: Run vs Pass blocking data shockingly different

Without Jack Conklin and Nick Chubb, it will be interesting if the Browns can get a run game going

As pointed out by SB Nation’s social media producer, the difference between the Browns pass and run blocking is substantial. In pass protection, when aggregating data from three sources, Cleveland is a top-10 unit.

Using those same three grading sites, the Browns offensive line is in the bottom third of the league in run blocking.

For HC Kevin Stefanski, the combination of Chubb being out and the line’s struggles to set up runs well for Jerome Ford is concerning. Add on top of that QB Deshaun Watson’s preference for spread-out formations and the team’s talented group of pass catchers and we may see more and more passing in 2023.

With only a three-week sample size, Cleveland’s line could improve in these ratings relatively quickly. If they don’t, Stefanski will have no choice but to lean on the offense’s passing game to keep the ball moving.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2023/...oICh3XWmx9F_WUD-QCbPIQRHPTweBhtsbwUSbx2E

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I know it's early and a small sample size to work with so I'm not sure how much importance one can put on this. But it is a stark contrast that is troubling in the moment. It's not that I consider the person who posted these tweets is a reliable source, but what he's doing is showing a sample size of what and how reliable sources rank and view our OL.

Browns OL: Run vs Pass blocking data shockingly different

Without Jack Conklin and Nick Chubb, it will be interesting if the Browns can get a run game going

As pointed out by SB Nation’s social media producer, the difference between the Browns pass and run blocking is substantial. In pass protection, when aggregating data from three sources, Cleveland is a top-10 unit.

Using those same three grading sites, the Browns offensive line is in the bottom third of the league in run blocking.

For HC Kevin Stefanski, the combination of Chubb being out and the line’s struggles to set up runs well for Jerome Ford is concerning. Add on top of that QB Deshaun Watson’s preference for spread-out formations and the team’s talented group of pass catchers and we may see more and more passing in 2023.

With only a three-week sample size, Cleveland’s line could improve in these ratings relatively quickly. If they don’t, Stefanski will have no choice but to lean on the offense’s passing game to keep the ball moving.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2023/...oICh3XWmx9F_WUD-QCbPIQRHPTweBhtsbwUSbx2E

It's so early for the sample size. We did play the Bengals, Steelers, and Titans. All have decent D-lines. Next 2 games won't improve the run game much either. But after that the run game may get going.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
our OL has played sub-par truthfully. Chubb makes them better of course, but we've not been our old dominant selves

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree with this Dawgs. Losing Conklin really hurt and Wills seems to be a weak link right now. I hope we don't have any more injuries anywhere but especially to the O-Line. It could derail the whole season.

Legend
Legend
no doubt about it ... we can't afford it. Plus, I see Bitonio showing some signs of slowing down thus far.

However, I also think we've played some pretty good DL's here too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We as Browns fans have that mentality that even when things are going well we all are just waiting for the other shoe to drop and honestly, whether it's right or wrong, it's justified because of all we've been through over the last 50 years. Murphy's law I think most people call it. To us it's battered Browns syndrome!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
We as Browns fans have that mentality that even when things are going well we all are just waiting for the other shoe to drop and honestly, whether it's right or wrong, it's justified because of all we've been through over the last 50 years. Murphy's law I think most people call it. To us it's battered Browns syndrome!

Unfortunately, it may be that waiting for the other shoe to drop helps lead to the other shoe dropping.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

Unfortunately, it may be that waiting for the other shoe to drop helps lead to the other shoe dropping.
I just keep asking myself ... how many damn shoes do we have?!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg

I just keep asking myself ... how many damn shoes do we have?!

Some people can't seem to stop shoe shopping.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
haha yeah my ex-girlfriend

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The problem seems to be as history dictates, it's the team who has been shoe shopping for decades now. The fans show up every week and root them on. Sadly the fans have had no control in taking away their credit cards. I think the fan base just expects the same pattern to continue until they see evidence it has stopped. I don't think anyone can really blame them for a condition they have been forced to accept.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The OL As It Stands Now

Link Copied to Clipboard