Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
that honestly eases my mind. I just didn't want his last career memory to be that image in Pittsburgh

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
[video:youtube]
[/video]

Legend
Legend
Color me totally dumbfounded.

Unreal. Go Chubb -- you are a freak of nature.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hopefully the news stays positive once they're actually in there.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Hopeing he makes it back asap.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
2nd String
2nd String
I thought his career was over. I hate the injury, but this is about the best news we could get!

I love Nick Chubb!

Legend
Legend
They'll obviously know more, but the fact this is being reported is way better than I hoped

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
This is amazing news. I saw that injury. He must be made of rubber.

All the prayers helped! Praise the Lord!

No Craps Given
1 member likes this: FATE
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The season-ending knee injury that Browns running back Nick Chubb sustained on Monday night was so horrific that ESPN declined to show the replay. And online, early reports indicated a total dislocation, which could have been career-threatening.

Chubb's reality is far more optimistic, sources say, after a battery of tests throughout the week. While Chubb was placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the season, the very real possibility exists that he can return to 100% health and play again.

Sources say tests showed Chubb suffered a torn MCL, which will be surgically repaired next week. While his ACL did sustain some damage, it was not fully torn

There is still a chance, however, that Chubb must undergo full ACL reconstruction. If the surgeon examines the knee during surgery and determines there is enough damage done, a complete repair would be necessary. But going into the surgery, even with all the damage in the knee, it's not a given.

In addition, Chubb did not dislocate his kneecap and the other ligaments appear intact, sources say. Doctors may also repair Chubb's knee using two separate surgeries, which would be common given the injury.

Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson, like many on Monday night, immediately thought about Chubb's college injury in 2015 -- a dislocated kneecap, plus a torn PCL, MCL and LCL.

"Once we saw the replay and exactly what happened, just a lot of flashbacks to the previous one he had in college," Watson said on Sept. 18 after the Browns' 26-22 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Except this injury doesn't appear to be as traumatic as the one Chubb endured at the University of Georgia.

To be sure, four-time Pro Bowler faces months of recovery. But being ready for next season is within the realm of possibility.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
1 member likes this: mac
Legend
Legend
"Does he actually have a bionic knee?" I asked myself. So I went back to read about his original injury and original amazing recovery... Actually a very informative article:

An 'unprecedented' recovery: Nick Chubb returns from horrific injury, back into early Heisman

P
Legend
Legend
P
While what some are calling "news" sounds very positive, I've seen how seeing words like "thought to be", "believed to be" and "online reports" have often times been wrong. Like everyone I'm hoping for the best, at the same time I'm going to have to hear something more official before I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
you just wonder about genetics ... some people can heal very quickly, or can avoid major injuries etc. The body is an amazing thing

1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
you just wonder about genetics ... some people can heal very quickly, or can avoid major injuries etc. The body is an amazing thing

Chubb's got that Wolverine (X-Men not Michigan) gene.

Fiercely Independent.
2 members like this: Swish, FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
While what some are calling "news" sounds very positive, I've seen how seeing words like "thought to be", "believed to be" and "online reports" have often times been wrong. Like everyone I'm hoping for the best, at the same time I'm going to have to hear something more official before I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Bottom line.... we won't know sheet till they get in there and take a look.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

I remember Kenny Lofton returning very quickly from a torn rotator cuff. Surgery in mid-December, back in center field on opening day. They had the surgeon on a telecast early in the season. He said Kenny is just "wired differently" and he had never seen anything like it.

I think Chubb may be in the same category. Let's hope the surgery and rehab go well.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Bottom line.... we won't know sheet till they get in there and take a look.

I agree.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Browns’ RB Nick Chubb is believed to have suffered only a torn MCL, per sources. His pre-surgery, projected recovery time is 6-8 months, per sources.

unreal!!

That is, literally, almost unbelievable.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I agree purp .. just defies logic

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Definitely. Bothers us all that Nick got hurt like that. The way he was running I really believe we would have won that game. 64 yards on 10 carries. They couldn't stop him.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
While Chubb has since been placed on injured reserve due to that gruesome knee injury, there has since been some early optimism news surrounding the back's ailment. Initial tests conducted on the Chubb leave room for hope that he did not suffer a torn ACL, according to ESPN. However, the report does also note that doctors do believe the ACL was stretched on the play and that he may still be dealing with a torn MCL. Chubb's recovery timeline is reportedly between six and eight months.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...potentially-avoided-acl-tear-per-report/

Still early, but any good news is welcomed !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bummer. That sounds like a lot more was involved than some were saying.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
dangit

O
Legend
Legend
O
They didn’t have to amputate, so I’m not counting Chubb out. He’ll come back full strength.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's what some of us had feared. Preliminary reports sounded a little too positive considering what we had witnessed and I saw nothing anyone could consider official in any of those reports.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I would not count Nick out...but, I would never blame him if he decided to walk away from the game.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
What caught my eye on the Chubb surgery report was the comment about 'repairing' the ACL. My son tore his ACL about 5 years ago. Pre-surgery, the surgeon said they wouldn't really know the extent of the damage until they got in there (via a scope) - although he was all-but-certain my son's was torn (and it was). If it wasn't torn, they would 'repair' it.

Anyway, I did not ask then ^ and do not know now what is meant by a 'repair'. So...it's not torn but it needs repaired. I think they kind of sew it back into a woven state - which is supposedly quite effective...I suppose depending upon how much damage there was...and I think that's all done via arthroscopy.

Any medical folks out there that can confirm - or deny - my comments there ^.

mac #2031431 10/01/23 11:40 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I certainly wouldn't make any prediction as it pertains to his return. He's certainly a fighter and a determined young man no matter which way he decides to move forward.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
thanks for that info Willie. I didn't think of the wording

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Any of the injuries individually wouldn't particularly worry me. Yet, the cumulative effect is troubling. It's a lot easier for one thing to heal if everything around it is sound. When it is essentially everything that is unsound, that's rough. If anyone can make it back, it's Chubb.

Fiercely Independent.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Nick Chubb Tribute

Link Copied to Clipboard