Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well a loud mouth New Yorker is going to eat some humble pie.

Mad Dog Russo said he would retire if the Dbacks won the two games in Philadelphia to win the series in seven games.

Well, well, well.

Don't break your promise.

The Dbacks won 84 games. They are not the best team from the National League.

But the best team often does not win the World Series. That's baseball. The diamond of all games.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Game 1 tonight.

I have no reason to root for or against either team.
Looking for a reason to pick one team and cheer them on
Does anybody?
Doesn't have to be a good reason.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #2038193 10/28/23 06:40 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Well the Dbacks were 84-78 in the regular season.

The Braves were 104-58.

The Dbacks beat the Brewers, the Dodgers, and the Phillies. Beating the Phils the last two games in Philadelphia.

They are about as underdog as you can get.

Legend
Legend
Rangers come back big time in game 1 ... feels like a huge swing

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Dbacks bounce right back with a great performance by Allen.

He is an amazing story.

Legend
Legend
great pitching last night ... dbacks are a tough bunch

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Well a loud mouth New Yorker is going to eat some humble pie.

Mad Dog Russo said he would retire if the Dbacks won the two games in Philadelphia to win the series in seven games.

Well, well, well.

Don't break your promise.

The Dbacks won 84 games. They are not the best team from the National League.

But the best team often does not win the World Series. That's baseball. The diamond of all games.

The thing is, the Dbacks are the best team in the National League.

I agree the Braves are the best team on paper, and the season record might confirm, but the Dbacks are in the World Series, and as a Brave fan, I don't like to say that but there is no other way to say.

It is the best game. It's pretty much a perfect game. The metrics are perfect.

The only real rules change wasn't the DH rule, it was lowering the mound 5 inches in 1969. It eliminated guys like Whitey Ford from being, well..Whitey Ford.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This is just me. People disagree and I respect that.

The regular season proves who is the best team. Playing from April to October 162 games the team with the best record is the best team.

Post season is a tournament. The team that plays the best in the post season tournament wins the tournament and the prize is the World Series Championship. The winner earns that.

I love the regular season. Love playing six games a week. Love looking at the daily box scores. Following the standings and stats.

The changes in the post season format are not to my liking. I would rather give up a week of regular season play and change the playoff format.

Wild card teams play each other in a three game series. After that the division series, conference series, and of course the World Series need to be seven games. The team that wins in a seven game series is more likely the best team.

I really dislike the five game series. IMO it is not a test of how teams won their divisions. It favors teams with two outstanding starters and does not test the depth of the roster. The depth of the roster is how you become division champions.

I credit the Rangers and the Dbacks for getting to the World Series. Whoever wins deserves it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum MLB Post Season

Link Copied to Clipboard