Print Thread
#2033613 10/11/23 03:39 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I have no idea how it's determined when you get paid for the ads that are ran here. Some might think, like I do, that the traffic on the board has something to do with it. With that in mind, I was just curious about something. At the top of the page there are three selections which all accomplish the same thing. They act to refresh the forum page. One says "Forums". Another says "DawgTalk". The third option is "Dawgtalkers.net".

So my question is, what is the difference? Does Dawgtalkers.net log out and back on to the forum? If so that would at least make it appear as though you have increased traffic visiting the site. As I said I have no idea whether it works that way or if that's how it actually functions. I have no idea if that would impact the ad revenue or giving the appearance of greater traffic on the site. If it does that would be the go to for me in refreshing the board.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2033907 10/13/23 09:48 AM
Legend
Legend
I would think the ad revenue is per click and makes no difference which 'page' you are on. There may be increased tiers depending on log-ins over a certain timeframe.

Forums is the default option for Dawgtalkers.net, they're both the same. How they differ from DawgTalk is that they show all the archived threads. That isn't noticed by the user without scrolling down below the standard topics.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
PitDAWG #2035184 10/16/23 10:17 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
They act to refresh the forum page. One says "Forums". Another says "DawgTalk". The third option is "Dawgtalkers.net".

They each take you to different levels of the site. It has nothing to do with revenue or anything else; it's just breadcrumbs for site navigation.

"DawgTalkers.net" is the top-most level. It goes to the site root.

"Forums" takes you to the top-level of the forums. Since we don't have a portal or other sort of main page that the forums would fall under, this is functionally the same as "DawgTalkers.net", but if we had a portal or main page, then they would be different.

"DawgTalk" is the DawgTalk category. You'll notice that when you click it, the Archives category is no longer visible. That is because it exists at the same level as DawgTalk. The inverse happens if you go to view Archives; DawgTalk won't be visible. Click on "Forums" and you'll see both DawgTalk and Archives.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Thanks for the explanation. The reason I probably didn't see the difference is that when I refresh the board I habitually hit the forums link. Creature of habit reaction.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Just Curious

Link Copied to Clipboard