The team never quit and they won

I'm pretty sure they won't quit

On their young Rookie QB who can help win this game

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
We just need to give him favorable conditions and keep him upright.

Stefanski has to be comfortable with going three and out. He has to resist the urge to believe DTR can do something complex because the analytics say it's a good idea or he wants to push the ball down the field or he wants to be explosive.

Prioritize winning and they will win.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I don't know about that. If one looks at just the stat lines one may draw that conclusion. But if one actually watched his play in those two games they would draw a totally different conclusion. He created time in the pocket and had great pocket awareness and scrambled well when he needed to. In the game against the Falcons he was the Vikings leading rusher. Rushing 7 times for 66 yards and a TD. Here's a look at some of his highlights from the Saints game...

I think he did quite a bit more than "came in and just managed to manage not screwing it up."

I’d have to watch the entire games to be sure, but in that highlight clip. He looked every bit as good as Watson has to me. I honestly don’t see a difference and think Dobbs may even be playing better. And that’s not knocking Watson, but the Browns for giving him away. They should have shipped PJ. Meh, hindsight is 20/20. When Dobbs was traded I felt nothing. We had never seen him ball out like that. He’s throwing dart and looks to be at the apex of his game. Good for him, but in light of the cir circumstances, it looks bad on the FO.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
So I have to ask all of you a question. If you are Ski and you do start DTR this weekend, do you give him the entire game to figure it out if he gets off to a rough start? Let’s say it’s half time and we are down 6-0, does DTR come back out or PJ?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
That all depends on how he look in the first half. Who knows?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Since the announcement of watson being out the line has dropped from browns being favored by 4 to just 1. Wouldn't be surprised if that changes to the Steelers being favored by Sunday

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
L
Legend
Legend
L
A team with a super bowl caliber defence and a great running game is now putting our championship hopes on a rookie QB. I felt awesome Sunday through Tuesday, then Wednesday happened.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
But I’m all in, haven’t given up. Maybe DTR can manage a game enough to to let our run game and defence win games for us? Sigh, what crappy news today.

gmstrong

-----------------

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by lampdogg
A team with a super bowl caliber defence and a great running game is now putting our championship hopes on a rookie QB. I felt awesome Sunday through Tuesday, then Wednesday happened.

I have no doubt many browns fans felt the same thing

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
I've thought about this most of the day. We're all bummed out obviously. But we have to find a way to rally and overcome another big obstacle.

DTR was maybe the worst QB we've ever played back against Baltimore ... and we all know a lot of the reasons that could have added to his poor performance

BUT, he does have athleticism and upside. He has more upside than Walker, who basically won two games by miracle/flags/missed kicks

We have to do our best to play the field position game, run it efficiently, and somehow force 1-2 turnovers in each game.

It can be done

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
I truly like your spirit. We do have a great D, they’ll need to carry us.

gmstrong

-----------------

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
So I have to ask all of you a question. If you are Ski and you do start DTR this weekend, do you give him the entire game to figure it out if he gets off to a rough start? Let’s say it’s half time and we are down 6-0, does DTR come back out or PJ?

As long as our choices are limited to DTR and PJ, I really don't think it makes a difference. I think if it's clear that continuing to play DTR is going to significantly harm his development, then you pull him out.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I give Ski a lot of credit for last week’s game plan and digging out of the hole. The half time change ups were solid. I think a win this week is on him again. He’s going to have to keep it real simple, dink dunk, get rid of the rock on the quick, rack up lots of clock eating 3 play 1st downs, un-cute fundamental possession ball. That 10 minute drive last week was a thing of beauty. 1/6th of the entire game on 1 drive. They’re DEFINITELY going to be head hunting this week. Going low on runners, going high on receivers, rattling the hell out of the rookie QB, clawing at the ball, that’s the Steelers. We can win. We just have to protect the ball and keep their O off the field. If we lose, I i would bet that turnovers will be key.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Legend
Legend

I think you stick with him no matter what happens. Treating the QBs like yo-yo's is no way to build continuity or confidence. You have to accept that there are going to be painful stretches and you have to help him get through those.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

I think you stick with him no matter what happens. Treating the QBs like yo-yo's is no way to build continuity or confidence. You have to accept that there are going to be painful stretches and you have to help him get through those.

I leave him in until it seems like it is no longer a positive learning experience. Once it seems like he is no longer learning, then you pull him....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea, the only way I pull him is if it’s getting wildly out of hand. Like if he’s thrown 4 ints in a short span or it’s clear he’s completely lost or rattled. But if there’s even a glimmer that he’s ok for now, you leave him. If it’s 6-0 at the half, I’m definitely leaving him in. If it’s 32-0…

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 10 Browns Plan To Start DTR

Link Copied to Clipboard