Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
FATE #2044968 11/21/23 10:14 PM
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
In the end, I don't give a toot about the Bears and who they draft or who they keep.

My toot begins and ends Dec 17th. His last time in Cleveland he was sacked nine times, 4.5 by Garrett. This time they'll be playing to protect him and for a draft pick.

Chalk up that W. Go a mere 3-3 with the rest of the schedule and we are in the playoffs.

I must not remember that game. I would have sworn that Garret did that to Haskins during the Washington game.

Legend
Legend

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2044982 11/22/23 01:27 AM
Legend
Legend
Go a mere 3-3 with the rest of the schedule and we are in the playoffs.

Dare to dream- like a Brown. wink
Just messin' with you a little...

Based upon what this team has shown me this year, I actually am starting to expect better numbers than those. I no longer count them out for any NFL game- not before kickoff, and not during the game, no matter how "poo-poo" we might look (Thank you, Nancy Pelosi) in the first 15 minutes.

It ain't been pretty, but Dawg- there's just been something... different about this bunch. From Day One.

This team has been dealt a weekly "situational s# show" of a season, since Game Two, and they taken the 'no excuses' approach all along. They have taken the kind of punches that have knocked out every CLE team since The Return (with the exception of the 2020 season, which still gets an * from me, because of how weird it was). And now, they sit 1/2 game out of 1st place in the most hard-knocks division in pro football.

For those Browns fans still working their way through their recovery steps of "Battered Dawg Syndrome," I get it. I totally get it. It's been long and hard, that relentless shaft you've taken.
Please let me be the emergency sponsor for your recovery program:

CLE just beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh in back-to-back games. Real-life NFL games. Elves even provided the game that broke a divisional team's camel's back- prompting it to fire its OC, mid-season.*

If this injury-riddled, cobbled-together team can accomplish 7-3 at this point in the schedule, they have empowered themselves to write the second half of this season in their own words.
No excuses.

Dawgs: I can't get enough of this Browns season. It has everything a sportsdramajunkie could want: Last-second wins, Come-from-behind wins. Improbable wins. Heartbreaking losses. But always with a team that goes all-out, every play, every game.

Ladies & gentlemen... this season is visual evidence of the "culture change" that I've been waiting for. It has been my mantra since we came back. I believe it's finally here.
Browns teams are now winning hard-fought, last-second divisional games that they used to routinely lose. They show no quit. They lift each other up on the sideline after a setback, and they celebrate each others' successes. I believe we saw it solidify with the hiring of Jim Schwartz, but the building blocks were already being set in place before his arrival. The Cleveland Browns finally have a legit FO/Coaching structure that can compete in the NFL. And these games are our evidence.

This team gets its persona/energy from the Defense. It all flows from there. Best D in the league, by all important metrics. Cleveland Browns are now a team that routinely puts divisional rivals in rehab. And this past game, they placed an OL rookie on PIT's best edge rusher... and gave said rookie permission to shut him (tf) down, all game long.

This team is changing. Right before our eyes.

*#95isThanos.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: 3rd_and_20, PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That was Fields first start.

DTR had challenges too. Most have challenges.

Just pointing out that every first start by a quarterback is a Marino or Mayfield.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It’s a lot easier to focus on the other team when you have minimal drama, are winning, and divas are not on the roster.

Case in point Cooper is having a great year but he is not partaking in the “get me the ball” bs.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
And now, they sit 1/2 game out of 1st place in the most hard-knocks division in pro football.

We are 1/2 game out of 1st place in the entire conference. I only want to look at one game at a time, but how cool would a home playoff game be?
Your post was a great way to start the day.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jfanent
And now, they sit 1/2 game out of 1st place in the most hard-knocks division in pro football.

We are 1/2 game out of 1st place in the entire conference. I only want to look at one game at a time, but how cool would a home playoff game be?
Your post was a great way to start the day.

Home field has crossed my mind as well.

However, November is where you position yourself for a playoff run. December is where you punch the ticket. We need to take care of business the next 6 weeks or we might not even get a ticket. With more people wanting tickets than tickets available, we need to be bullies and make sure we are near the front of the line.

Go Browns!

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
FATE #2045037 11/22/23 01:00 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Chalk up that W. Go a mere 3-3 with the rest of the schedule and we are in the playoffs.

We've had bigger implosions...

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
That was Fields first start.

I'm sure Garrett is dreaming of replicating that game. It was insane how badly our defense shut them down... and this defense is soooo much better.
I'd love to see Myles get 4 sacks, but I'll be just as content if the D just shuts them down completely.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Steelers 10 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard