Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see how you work it. When the D does well you give Schwartz all the credit. When they suck Stefanski gets all of the blame. How convenient for you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
Team rushing attempts for 2023 - Top 10

1. Ravens 390 carries for 1903 yards 4.9 ypc

2. Browns 390 carries for 1621 yards 4.2 ypc

3. Falcons 386 carries for 1622 yards 4.2 ypc

4. Bears 376 carries for 1652 yards 4.4 ypc

5. Eagles 367 carries for 1512 yards 4.1 ypc

6. 49ers 364 carries for 1642 yards 4.5 ypc

7. Lions 358 carries for 1648 yards 4.6 ypc

8. Cardinals 343 carries for 1611 yards 4.7 ypc

9. Cowboys 341 carries for 1404 yards 4.1 ypc

10. Saints 341 carries for 1261 yards 3.7 ypc

a better way to view this data would be as a percentage of total snaps because it then accounts for some offenses taking more snaps than others.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Sorry to hear that your friend past away.

Off topic but anyway. I just got 60 years old a few months ago so I know how it feels when friends in my age group unexpectedly get sick and dies. Scary.

I try to do my best to hang around by quitting alcohol, reduce sugar and carbohydrate to a minimum, is on a inter mettent fasting program, 8/16 method. Same as Stephen A, Dana White and Steve Harvey.

I have just order a cold plunge and some sort of water bottle who is supposed to create magic on everything and nothing. A increase of fat burning with 60-70% according to the description. (In my age we beleive in everything that help the flag to get to the top) Walking and light weight lifting every morning. So far I have lost 10% of my weight and my goal is to go down to maximum 20% body fat and have the same weight as when I was 35 years old but with less muscels. Next step is to follow Dr David Sinclair and take these over priced pills and when I hit 70 it's time for prescript growth hormone.

Back to Kevin and I partly agree with Quincy except for his take on the play calling. Time will tell who's right or not.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
a better way to view this data would be as a percentage of total snaps because it then accounts for some offenses taking more snaps than others.

While this is true - it still doesn't get to the heart of the matter which is situational play calling for periods of games. You'd hope that when we had the NFL's best RB tandem in Chubb and Hunt that we'd run a lot. When Hunt left, Chubb was still a top 3 RB in the NFL and you'd want to give him carries. With rookie QB's or QB's returning from extended time away you'd want to run a lot. When running the ball at a consistent high yards per carry (8+ in one game) you'd want to be running the ball 'a lot' ... not exclusively. But certainly make the other team stop what you were doing well .... that hasn't always been the case with KS calling plays. (imo)

Last edited by mgh888; 12/05/23 02:19 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
There is so much you can do in a swimming pool.

You can make up your own workout. I have been swimming 2/3 times per week for 13 years. 35 minutes lap swimming doing different strokes. 20 minutes high stepping in shoulder deep water. 5 minutes doing groin and hip movements.

At 76 I weigh the same as I did when I was 35. 34" waist, 178 lbs., 5'11". Motion is lotion for your joints. Low impact for arthritis.

Quincy is a good dude. He has worked hard at what he does to get where he is now. He knows the game well. It is his job.

I know I can be harsh at times. Opinions are fine if they are knowledge based. I have a problem with some who have an opinion but do not have
the knowledge.

If you are critical of play calling and it is nothing but Monday morning quarterbacking. I have a problem with that.

If you understand play concepts, position assignments, and play options then your opinion has some basis.

If an offensive play is called it is based upon knowledge of the defense in a given situation. When the play is called and it is a pass play. There are options.

The Flacco int. is an example. For someone to say that was a poor play call and not understand the why's and options. That is nothing but air disturbance.

You have a strong business background. You are at least making an effort to learn. I applaud that.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I see how you work it. When the D does well you give Schwartz all the credit. When they suck Stefanski gets all of the blame. How convenient for you.

Where do you get this stuff from? The only point I made was not unlike last year, Stefanski has no accountability for the defense according to posters on this site. Now that they have slipped in performance, the former "god" here, Schwartz, will get all the blame - just like Woods. Of course, if you watch the video posted, he clearly points out that Stefanski doesn't have the defense prepared to play on the road but since very few here believes that opinion of Stefanski being accountable, "we'll just skip right over it"

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, what the video says means everything. lol Nobody is "skipping over it". We all know that Stefanski runs the O and Schwartz runs the D. And I certainly didn't see you giving Stefanski any credit when the D was playing great. But now.....

You make this so obvious....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think the defensive struggles have more to do with the Browns missing our shutdown corner these last 2 games Denzil Ward and the injury that has seemed to slow down Myles Garrett. Yeah, that is Stefanski's fault. He did not have the team prepared. We have seen all season long what injuries can do to the offense and now the defense is being hit. Not a good combination. I wish Stefanski could fix injured players. The bottom line is this team has had not just injuries but to key core players. Chubb, Watson, Cooper, both tackles, Ward, Garrett, etc... Teams can overcome injuries but not to all of their key players.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Hammer
Legend
Legend
Now that they have slipped in performance, the former "god" here, Schwartz, will get all the blame - just like Woods.

Let me know when this happens. I'll wait.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well those stats don't lie. What I think is that a few times when KS should have called a run but passed instead it was an egregious mistake. Case in point the Seattle game that led to a TO and the winning TD.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Until he gives up playcalling I don't see the browns ever going to the superbowl. The broncos game is what I point to. 29th ranked run defense and he comes out throwing most of the game with a 5th round rookie qb. Not the first time he has done this. It's a pattern. Whenever facing a weak run defense he tries to trick them by throwing all game. He only tricks himself

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
IMO Ford stinks. He has some speed but lacks vision and decisive explosion.

kareem is a short yardage back at this point. Both are below average backs.

Jones is very good at pass protection. He did a number on Watt. However, he is nowhere near the run blocker Conklin is. He is a rookie and is learning run blocking.

Matchups are a part of play calling as well injury and known defensive tendencies.

Obviously execution counts. Sometimes plays work and sometimes they do not. After the fact is not before the action.

O
Legend
Legend
O
This season will go down as ‘Ski did the best he could under these circumstances’ and he will still be HC and play caller next year. That being said, I too don’t think he will ever get us to the big game. I can’t put my finger on what’s wrong exactly, but he’s not the complete package at HC, something is off.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
This season will go down as ‘Ski did the best he could under these circumstances’ and he will still be HC and play caller next year. That being said, I too don’t think he will ever get us to the big game. I can’t put my finger on what’s wrong exactly, but he’s not the complete package at HC, something is off.

Nobody has more lives than Kev. I think I agree that something is off.

But I think he's done a good job this year. Where I'm at at this point is it could be worse, and I just don't know who you replace him with. The Browns have invested four years in a program and culture building that I'm not sure would be so easy to walk away from. I think there's some good foundation going on. But three big losses, Seattle, Denver, and LA...all had turning points caused by the O...his side of the ball...all on questionable play calls. I feel like he causes as many losses as wins. He's definitely had some signature wins this year. But we should have won in Seattle and taken one of the last two.

He's dealing with a pretty crappy injury situation this year but really underachieved the last two years. I think it's pretty important we make the playoffs this year even with the injuries if for no other reason than to signal to the league that what is being built here has some substance and sustenance to it. Three straight years with no playoffs in an AFC that is completely wide open this year and where you control your own destiny would just suck. You gotta achieve something at some point.

Saw a lot of head hanging this past Sunday. A lot of give up. This team has to dig deep and it has to start with Kev. I don't care if the team gets smoked in the first game of the playoffs. Just make it. That would be 2 out of 4 years officially pulling the Browns out of the crappy franchise category and into a team that has to be taken seriously. Collapse and miss the playoffs after starting 7-3 and it's same old Browns.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by bonefish
IMO Ford stinks. He has some speed but lacks vision and decisive explosion.

Case in point...

M
Legend
Legend
M
I haven't seen the last two games. Ford has done well in some games, I haven't seen him miss glaring holes (like say Trent Richardson). Reading comments it sounds like he has a lack of vision and maybe patience - but I will admit that I hate these still shots of plays to show how wide open WR's are or what a big hole a RB missed. a 2.5 second clip would tell us much more. Is it bad? Probably. Is it as cut and dry and horrific as that one image? Probably not if you see the play. It might be - but typically things change in the space of 0.5 seconds or the time it takes to look one way and then the other.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
mgh888 #2047650 12/06/23 05:33 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. Back it up 2-3-4 feet and that "gaping" hole wouldn't look so gaping. Not to mention the defender closest to Ford has the inside leverage. As a back you don't cut to your blockers weak side, you run to his position of strength.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Ford has terrible vision. I have seen plays where he runs into his blockers and the hole is right off his shoulder.

In addition there are times when he is hesitating when he needs to hit the gas.

He has some tools. He has some speed and some power. However, a runner has to have natural instincts. He has to feel the play while in motion. Anticipate movements. Know when to accelerate and when to hesitate.

Basically Ford does not have "it." Can he develop? That I do not know.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Kevin Stefanski

Link Copied to Clipboard