Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Former NFL quarterback Drew Brees, who retired after the 2020 season, has revealed that his right arm “does not work.”

The former quarterback, now 44 years old and a surefire future hall of famer – he becomes eligible in 2026 – said in an interview Tuesday on ESPN Radio that he’s unable to throw with his right arm and that he can only throw using his left hand.

Brees was asked in the interview when the last time an NFL team called him to play.

“It was probably the year after I retired, so 2021,” Brees said with a laugh. “There might have been a feeler or two that was put out there after that.”

Brees then added: “But look, I’ll let you in on a little fact: I don’t throw with my right arm anymore. My right arm does not work. So when I throw in the back yard right now, I throw left-handed.

“I can play pickleball just because it’s below the waist, but anything above my shoulders I’ve got a hard time with.”

Brees went on to say that this is “definitely” a result of a dislocated right shoulder he suffered while with the San Diego Chargers, where he began his NFL career in 2001. At the time, after the 2005 season, he thought he might never play again.

“That kind of put me on the fast-track to a degenerative shoulder and all kind of arthritic changes,” Brees said.

In 2006, the Miami Dolphins were interested in bringing Brees on, but the team was advised against it because of his shoulder.

Instead, Brees signed with the New Orleans Saints, where he spent his final 15 seasons, winning the Super Bowl in the 2009 season.

Brees is second only to Tom Brady in most career passing yards and passing touchdowns.

“I don’t throw with my right arm anymore,” Brees added. “If I could, I would absolutely still be playing.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/23/spor...hWeGX3vKaP6IhmuNFx2ZdTnQrzL-z-g-VKniuK4Q

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Isn't this the same injury that Watson has?

Legend
Legend
gosh I hope not

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by Rishuz

From what I’ve read, yes. It is.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz

It isn't. Brees had a complete 360 degree tear of his labrum as well as a tear in one of the rotator cuff muscles. He requireed 12 anchors to stabilize that shoulder. All I've heard about DW's injury was a displaced fracture of the glenoid bone. I've not seen any mention of soft tissue damage or tearing.

ABC news

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
What is that? " I can play ***** because it's below the waist" ... never hear of it, and never will.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Average guy can't pronounce what's wrong, let alone understand all involved- thank God for smart folks. YET, sometimes, those same guys and gals WANT to cut on you just to see what's really going on. God made you good- doctors TRY to help- just like all of us- some good and bad jobs done. Hope Watson gets a good job done. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The shoulder injury was really serious. I am a bit surprised that his career lasted as long as it did.

Brees was/is a HOF QB. And a good person.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

2nd String
2nd String
Off the field Brees is a great guy to his community and fans. Hoping his situation improves.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Retired NFL quarterback Drew Brees: ‘My right arm does not work’

Link Copied to Clipboard