Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by lampdogg
If we end up tied with the Ravens, would we own the tiebreaker?

If we win out and the Ravens end at 12-5 also, as long as one of the remaining Ravens' losses is to the Steelers, our division record would be 4-2 and the Ravens 3-3. I am pretty sure we would win the division based on that initial tie-breaker.

In order to get the #1 Seed, the Ravens need to lose two of their remaining games, and as long as one of them is to Miami, it doesn't matter what the other one is..... so, I think the answer is generally a Yes; if we tie records, we would have them on tie-breakers. In the scenario that we have the same divisional record, I believe the next tiebreakers are common opponents and conference record, and that is likely where we get ahead of them.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater

If we win out and the Ravens end at 12-5 also, as long as one of the remaining Ravens' losses is to the Steelers, our division record would be 4-2 and the Ravens 3-3. I am pretty sure we would win the division based on that initial tie-breaker.

In order to get the #1 Seed, the Ravens need to lose two of their remaining games, and as long as one of them is to Miami, it doesn't matter what the other one is..... so, I think the answer is generally a Yes; if we tie records, we would have them on tie-breakers. In the scenario that we have the same divisional record, I believe the next tiebreakers are common opponents and conference record, and that is likely where we get ahead of them.

I was referring to the division title. I am pretty sure we can't be the #1 seed if we don't win the division. Maybe I am wrong, but I always thought the #1 seed was a division winner. I would be very surprised if we finished with the same record and same division record as the Ravens, but were awarded the #1 seed for other tie breakers. IN fact, every scenario I have seen when we were shown as #5 seed, we had better records than the some of the top 4 seeds, because I am also pretty sure the first 4 seeds are division winners.

Legend
Legend

I was referring to the division title. I am pretty sure we can't be the #1 seed if we don't win the division. Maybe I am wrong, but I always thought the #1 seed was a division winner. I would be very surprised if we finished with the same record and same division record as the Ravens, but were awarded the #1 seed for other tie breakers. IN fact, every scenario I have seen when we were shown as #5 seed, we had better records than the some of the top 4 seeds, because I am also pretty sure the first 4 seeds are division winners.

We definitely cannot be the #1 seed without winning the division, but we can win the division without being the #1 seed.
So, therefore, anything that allows us to be the #1 seed allows us to be the division winner, and we can get #1 while having the same division record as Baltimore, so therefore we can win the division by having the same division record.

As for if we finish with the same record and same division record as the Ravens, but were awarded the #1 seed for other tie breakers... the exact scenario for this is on Page 1 of this thread, but here it is again.

Originally Posted by Milk Man

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 12/22/23 12:46 PM.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
p.s. you can see that work for yourself if you play with the ESPN Playoff Generator: https://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

It works out. We both end up 12-5 with the same division record and we get the #1 seed.
And, really, the only truly difficult part to see happening is KC losing one of those three games.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 12/22/23 12:48 PM.

Browns is the Browns

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
[quote=lampdogg]If we end up tied with the Ravens, would we own the tiebreaker?

I was referring to the division title. I am pretty sure we can't be the #1 seed if we don't win the division. Not sure how common opponents lie and conference would be tied if they beat Pitt.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Did you watch DTR when he played? His play was in part of the reason why they had to get Flacco up off the couch.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
I have a thought of how nice it would feel, to see the Browns knock Kansas City OUT of the playoffs
not only because of it being a rematch of 2020,
but, because Knowing how much the Browns have been jobbed by the refs and the system for so many years
and Knowing how the team has grown enough to overcome how much they try to make things impossible for Cleveland,

that, to then, see Pat,rick, entitled, spoiled, bratty, overcelebrated, what's his name, and there also spoiled Tight End, of the Chiefs,
Crybaby and bellyache about their ONE CALL, that was a correct Penalty, where the dude lined up in the neutral zone pre snap,
that took away their hoity toity fancy gimmick play and their easy road of no hardship one touchdown,
so for one time out of what feels like 20 he may not get his number one seed bye week?

Cry Me a River Pat,rick Mahomes, welcome to the AFC Freaking NORTH, when was the last time you played Pittsburgh and Baltimore back to back you bunch of spoiled, entitled, premadonas,

It would be so much Poetic Justice if the Browns Knock the Chiefs out of the playoffs this year, Do it For Sionne Taki Taki, and others.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Playoff Clinching Scenario Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard