Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
Our chances of getting in the playoffs are currently 99.2%

Honestly hoping there is a way for the Ravens to slip up and for us to win the Division.

Great game. Just a great feeling to be in this position, wonderful Xmas present.

Here's to smashing the Jets.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Any word on Hopkins...?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
R
Legend
Legend
R
Hopefully the 9ers give us a Christmas present tonight.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
I haven't had this much fun watching a Browns team since the Kardiac Kid days. Every week, a new calamity befalls these people... And every week, they find a new way to keep on keeping on. IMHO, this is what it's supposed to feel like to be a fan of a legitimate NFL team.

Thinking back to the overwhelming hopelessness we felt and how the life was sucked out of us when Mister Chubb went down, this team has won games facing adversity like no other.....and that's not an embellishment. The Browns leadership has led this team thru uncharted territory, overcoming one horrible obstacle after another....like it's business as usual. Flacco has been an amazing story, but we beat the two best teams in the NFL without him. This season will go down as one of the most memorable in Browns history. And it's faaaaar from over.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
I agree with the fun part: this team is fun. They are together, believe that we will win, give a lot of effort, and have good personalities.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by leadtheway
This team might have been unbeatable fully healthy with Flacco. Imagine the PA he’d get with Chubb

I was thinking the same thing. Flacco brings maturity and experience. If we'd have had him all year and a few fewer injuries, like Chubb and our line, damn, we'd be unstoppable.. I'm convinced of it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Damanshot
This team might have been unbeatable fully healthy with Flacco. Imagine the PA he’d get with Chubb

I was thinking the same thing. Flacco brings maturity and experience. If we'd have had him all year and a few fewer injuries, like Chubb and our line, damn, we'd be unstoppable.. I'm convinced of it.

Some teams (and some people) actually do better with one arm tied behind their back, so to speak. When they have the full complement of resources they over-think and misuse their tools. It’s kind of a “paradox of choice” problem.(There’s a great book, Tedtalk, by Barry Schwartz about it.)

But when the ingredients list is seriously curtailed, they get much more intentional and direct in their approach. I found myself wondering yesterday if that isn’t Stefanski. His first season he’s hit with the Covid limitations for practice and prep. This year it’s the unbelievable avalanche of injuries.

Insert Flacco, who has nothing to prove, is just playing for the fun of it and to show off for his kids, coupled with a team that anyone who’s actually keeping track would give a pass for losing against halfway decent opponents and you have a team that probably doesn’t feel the performance pressure in the same way other teams in our position would. That’s my take anyway.

The old saying that there’s no more dangerous an opponent than the one with nothing to lose kinda holds. At this point, I wouldn’t want to play against us and I wouldn’t bet against us. The “wild card” moniker that comes with our entrance to the playoffs is apt to say the least.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
The players are telling the story. Listen to the pressers of Myles, Cooper, JOK, Njoku, Bitonio. Listen to the players like Newsome and Emerson.

These guys are playing for each other. At the same time they all acknowledge their coaches specifically KS.

KS has gotten the best qb play from Cousins, Baker, Jacoby, PJ, DTR, DW (limited) and now Flacco.

Flacco starts and we go back to the play action game. Dialing up Cooper and Njoku. The play near the goal on the first TD was a brilliant play.

Flacco flanks. Direct snap to Ford. Texans buy the fake to Flacco. Ford skates in for the TD. The DTR two point conversion later.

KS is getting the best from his players. The team believes in the 1-0 mentality. Now they know they can beat anybody when they play their game.

Damn this feels good.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Saw Texans fans reacting on social media that it was the injuries that caused them to lose.

Yeah, I don’t really want to hear that excuse…

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lol thats like the pot calling the kettle black

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Still very happy about the win.

Now regarding a couple of the comments.

We have to face the fact that the running game may not return this year. The Browns are on their third right tackle and second left tackle this year. Patchwork at its best. There was a reason as to why the players were backups or free agents. Yet, the Browns manage to stitch together wins in all manner and form.

The job of a head coach is to adapt to the skill set of the players, in order to win games. I feel that KS has done exactly that. I know that there will be chatter above what he has and has not done, and second guessing the Cleveland coach is a time honored tradition here. But, this year, the coach is doing exactly what he should be doing with success. Good job, KS.

No coach has a right to go out and win with 4 different starting quarterbacks, and that win was with style.

So cut the chatter, and enjoy the ride. It has been a great year, totally unexpected after Chubb, then Watson went down.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, FORTBROWNFAN
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I agree Woofer.

Regarding the running game, it's going to be difficult. Even with the group that is out there now, it's hard to gel when there is always someone coming out for an injury or missing a game. That's not taking in account what you already said about our tackles.

One thing that is tipping this off in my opinion is look at all the variety of run plays Stef has been calling the past few weeks. A decent portion of the running plays have been a misdirection or trying to use visual deception with the linebackers to confuse. Think about last year or the beginning of this year. Most of the running plays were more smash mouth, basically saying we are going to line up to run and you aren't going to stop it. Now fast forward to the past few games. You are seeing more of unconventional running formations like: Hunt in the shotgun, Flacco out wide, faking the toss back to Flacco and running (or flipping it to him for a pass).

At least the tackles have been serviceable in the pass game.

Legend
Legend
Ford and Hunt are limited runners. The tackle play is below average.

We still ran the ball 30 times. We gained 54 yards.

We will continue to run in order to set up play action. But it is unrealistic to believe we are a real threat running the ball. We are now a passing offense.

That is what is working. Until a team can stop us. We do what we can till we need to try something else.

Legend
Legend
I agree, Damanshot. Flacco's maturity is evident; apparently some QB's do not rust as fast or as badly as others. A real difference that I see is Flacco's composure. As we pass more, he seems truly calm at the snap despite the replacement linemen or those playing injured. He is smooth reading, moving the D, and usually throws on time from the pocket smoothly. It seems more confident and assured when contrasted with Watson's snaps, not all of them, when he freezes and flushes, until he delivers a ball as he freelances. Both have success; I don't care who wins us games or how. We need Watson's legs more than ever; the stats for Flacco have been fun. The picks, not at all. I just favor the mesh I am feeling with Ski and Flacco, and it seems that it may be building. I hope the D can compensate for our diminished run game. Unleash the Elf! Go, 'Niners!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
E
Legend
Legend
E
Being on the verge of clinching the playoffs is just the best feeling ever. I'm so excited! I feel we have the talent and the coaching to hang with any team.

No Craps Given
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It is a great feeling and one we don't experience much as Browns fans. The Pats and Raiders helped us out. Let's hope the Niners can too!!!

Legend
Legend
Last time we made the playoffs was awesome, but I didn't feel the same about that team. I really like this year's team (and think we can play with anyone)

1 member likes this: Psydeffect
L
Legend
Legend
L
Our D keeps us in any game. Now that Flacco is hooking up with Cooper and Njoku, even if our run game is suspect, we’re a legit threat to any team. I’ll fear no team we will play in January.

Last edited by lampdogg; 12/25/23 11:27 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
All Pro
All Pro
reasonable to think Browns at AFC South champ then, optimistically, at Baltimore.

would have loved a home game but lets take it to them.

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
Legend
Legend
Even with the Ravens win last night. Our boat sails on its own course.

Because of all the adversity the Browns have faced they have been forged through fire. If we are now locked into the 5th seed with a win Thursday. So be it.

Maybe it is not a bad thing to face the South winner. We beat every team in the South.

We beat the Ravens in their home. So if needed we can do it again.

How ironic would that be? Go to Baltimore and beat them with Flacco. Who that's gottta hurt.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
I understand the thought process about subbing-in when you're way ahead, but please Kevin don't ever do that again....

I like the idea of taking our guys out, especially with how many injuries we've had... but maybe we took them out just a little too early... but frankly, if we get the on-side kick we could have left our backups in

Either way - hell of a game. Cooper is amazing! Not only setting the most yards for a WR in browns history, but at least 3 catches were highlight reel... unbelievable...

and I know we were playing the Texans' backup QB, but defense was on point! It would have been interesting to see how we faired against CJ...

hoping Hopkins heals up... glad we signed a back up, especially for Thursday... but we need Hopkins healthy...

Dominate win... especially on the road against a team trying to make the playoffs and win their division.... great game...

Now, let's finish the season right and go into the Playoffs hot..

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Anyone that thinks a qb who is having a resurgence gets to play the team that cut him during a playoff run isn’t thinking about going out there and killing them is just silly or have never played competitive sports. And did I call for anyone today other than ventrone to be fired, which I stand by and I think will be . Amazing what winning does. But anyone that doesn’t think there should be accountability for the bad drafting and horrible contracts is just a homer

You know, I actually don't disagree with any of this. It's just been a long time since we've had a QB who can deliver the ball like Flacco is doing. It's been a long time since we've seen this team come together in the face of adversity with all of these injuries and tough it out by continuing to win football games. It's been a long time since we've seen this team gaining momentum going into the playoffs. In a scenario which on paper would seem as though the Browns are a team that couldn't possibly be winning football games, they are.

So while I'm certainly not trying to dissuade you from posting as you wish, I hope you can understand why some fans would prefer to put the negatives on the back burner just long enough to enjoy the moment for a while. It's a moment in time like one they haven't had in a long time. Sit back , breathe and enjoy it while you can. It might be worth a try.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 36 Texans 22 Post-game discussion

Link Copied to Clipboard