Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yes, this team will enter the 2024 season as a Super Bowl contender. It will be a different team, but the nucleolus will be back. This season the Browns played as tough a schedule as the team ever had winning 11 of 17 games vs 13 teams with winning records. Doing so while leading the league in turnovers and players on the IR. Every team experiences adversity with injuries but not on the level this Browns team did in the 2023 season.

I do think you will see and offense more geared toward Deshaun Watson's strengths in 2024. Looks like Stefanski figured out what Deshaun does well last couple games he was under center. The 2nd half vs the Ravens on the road the offense looked unstoppable vs one of the top defenses in the NFL. Thanks to Flacco the team identified two key offensive weapons in Amari Cooper and David Njoku. Getting Chubb back will be huge and adding a threat opposite Cooper is a priority. Maybe they can do more with Elijah Moore that the injury to Watson held back this year?

The defense was very strong at home. With a relentless pass rush. Why did that rush not translate on the road. That will be what Schwartz has to figure out. Usually, they say that defense travels. But this defense did not. I expect year 2 under Schwartz to show improvement to an already strong unit.

What this year did that no other year ever did for the Browns since the return was it established a culture in Cleveland. An identity of who this team is and a home field advantage that can be feared like the dawg pound days in the old stadium.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Zero chance the Browns enter the season as Super Bowl contenders. I’m pretty certain if you are handicapping this thing the Browns odds will be right in the middle of the pack, maybe top of the bottom half.

Too many question marks about Watson, Chubb, and how legitimate this season was.

Positives are Stefanski is better as an underdog than a favorite.

A lot will depend on how hungry the players are after this seasons failures. Since they know Berry will be there to give them their participation trophy pat on the back (one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen) after failing miserably, the desire to win won’t come from Berry or Kev…and we know it won’t come from the likes of Garrett…so they better find some guys who hate losing more than they like winning.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Browns are no longer Superbowl contenders

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It would take a moron for anyone to think that making the playoffs with five different starting QB's was a failure. I'm quite sure the Browns players don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It would take a moron for anyone to think that making the playoffs with five different starting QB's was a failure. I'm quite sure the Browns players don't.
Although technically 1 started in a game where we rested starters.

P
Legend
Legend
P
True. I just wonder how that's any different than so many who credit Watson with a win where he barely played and threw for 0-4 when he was forced to leave the game? I think even if you say 4 starting QB's in one season that statement would still apply.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
In three weeks all records will be 0-0 again… then we can start the cycle of having our 2024-25 season hopes and dreams dashed once again.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Are the Browns SB Contenders?

Link Copied to Clipboard