Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
It’s all about revenge for the GOP moving forward. Nothing to do with actual leading and governing the country. Revenge. The dems gave them Obama and the GOP puked up a trump. They’ve been lashing back with revenge ever since.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by EveDawg
And blue city students cant read, write, or do math. Yet graduate. They want Americans to be the dumbest sheep in the world. Easily led, and completely dependent on the Democrat Plantation.

rofl

Let's look at the bottom 10 ranked state school systems in the nation shall we?

#41 Mississippi

#42 South Carolina

#43 Arkansas

#44 Alabama

#45 Arizona

#46 Louisiana

#47 West Virginia

#48 Oklahoma

#49 Alaska

#50 New Mexico

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education

Is word vomit that's nothing but lies your first language? It would appear where they keep students dumbed down heavily favors the red states. And thus far that seems to be working.

I see reading comprehension is not your thing. I said BLUE CITY. So break that list down by city.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
You are the one making that claim, not me. I'm not going to do your homework for you. These are REPUBLICAN RUN STATES. Not Democratic run states. They're failing miserably. States set the education curriculum, not the cities.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You are the one making that claim, not me. I'm not going to do your homework for you. These are REPUBLICAN RUN STATES. Not Democratic run states. They're failing miserably. States set the education curriculum, not the cities.

Local gov (city) supersedes state.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
No it doesn't. Just ask the citizens of Nashville. A state can choose not to enforce a state law in a city or location. but state law trump's local law.

Tennessee state laws supersede local rules

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/mar/17/state-laws-supersede-local-rules/

Generally if there is a conflict between a state and local law, state laws override any county or local ordinances. Additionally, many states allow local courts to handle certain types of disputes in the court within their own municipality.

https://www.lawinfo.com/resources/state-local-municipal-law/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

9-0.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Oh wow. That is quite surprising.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's like we increased our threat to democracy by removing an actual threat to democracy.

I don't know what to think. willynilly

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I’m guessing it must have been on Congressional jurisdiction grounds and procedure for it to be 9-0.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Did you ever notice they care about states rights until the moment they don't care about states rights? Abbott in Texas going against a SCOTUS ruling on the border? Well that's his right because you know, states rights and all. How much a woman has autonomy of her own body is s state right because we all know that a woman's rights should depend on where she lives and not the same for all women. States using the insurrection act to keep trump on the ballot? Then suddenly they claim states rights don't matter and the SCOTUS ruling is law.

It must be nice to think you can pick and choose when the SCOTUS is the law of the land and when it's not.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trash ass rigged SCOTUS. Trumpians have broken the government. Good luck everyone, we’re on our own now.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/04/24 07:24 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Trash ass rigged SCOTUS. Trumpians have broken the government. Good luck everyone, we’re on our own now.

"Good luck. We'll have to let an election be decided by votes."

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
We have to allow an obviously disqualified man run for office… like I SAID, WE’RE ON OUR OWN.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Trash ass rigged SCOTUS. Trumpians have broken the government.

It was 9-0. At the end of the day, SCOTUS is no different than the lower courts in that their job is to interpret the law and apply it. I wouldn't have shed a tear for DJT to be disqualified, but I'll admit that it's a scary precedent being set when you have someone that could be a party nominee getting line-struck from ballots.

The application of the law was shaky. IMO, it fit Trump like a glove but I'm also not a lawyer.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I ado believe that this clause of the 14th amendment can certainly be applied to Trump. But I agree that this should not be a stsate by state decision. It should be a national decision - all states or none. I also don't believe that being the leading candidate should have anything to do with it. However, with the republican controlled house, I see no way that congress would vote to keep him off the ballots.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree that you can't have a state by state decision concerning who is on the ballot for a presidential election. It set a terrible precedent moving forward. While liberals seem to think this is a terrible thing they wouldn't think so if the shoe was on the other foot. And believe me, had this been allowed to stand, soon it would have been on the other foot. But then I feel I'm pretty consistent across the board on this when it comes to states overriding things that are clearly a federal matter or federal law. Or that concern the freedoms of any group of people.

The SCOTUS has clearly ruled that immigration is federal. That Texas is interfering with the federal officials who are in charge of enforcing immigration. For the very same reason that our elections would be chaos and not consistent, this also applies to federal immigration laws. If each state were able to simply make and enforce their own laws, we would have chaos. We would then have four states with four sets of laws each independent of each other and no standards. People love states rights up until the point they disagree with what a state decides. Then all bets are off. You would think they could at least remain consistent.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The SCOTUS has clearly ruled that immigration is federal. That Texas is interfering with the federal officials who are in charge of enforcing allowing illegal immigration.

FIFY thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you wish to argue with the SCOTUS ruling so be it. They ruled, not me. I'm just telling you how they ruled. You're arguing with the wrong person here. But it seems to be a popular them with you these days.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump Disqualified from being on Colorado ballot!

Link Copied to Clipboard