Print Thread
#2061887 03/08/24 12:41 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Mom Arrested After Drink Allegedly Made For School Bullies Sends Boy To Hospital

The concoction, which was put inside a sports drink bottle, was designed to deter other children from stealing her son's drink, authorities said.

A Texas woman was arrested Wednesday after a drink she allegedly concocted to prevent her son’s beverages from being stolen at school ended up hospitalizing a child, according to local law enforcement.

Jennifer Lynn Rossi, 45, faces a charge of causing injury to a child after the drink’s unsuspecting victim started experiencing nausea and a headache after consuming the beverage Tuesday.

The concoction, which was planted inside a sports drink bottle, was found to contain a mixture of lemon, salt and vinegar. Though the ingredients weren’t actually toxic, the child required additional medical monitoring at a hospital following its consumption, the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office in San Antonio said.

“Whether the allegations of bullying at the root of this situation are substantiated or not, there is never an excuse to take matters into your own hands and injure a child,” Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said in an emailed statement.

Representatives with Legacy Traditional Schools in Texas, whose San Antonio location is where authorities said the incident occurred, said the student who brought the drink to school will be subject to disciplinary actions.

“We thank the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office for its investigation into this serious incident, and commend students and staff members who acted promptly by alerting the administration and local authorities,” the charter school system said in a statement shared with HuffPost.

A school representative declined to comment on whether there had been any prior complaints of bullying regarding Rossi’s child or the one who was hospitalized, stating the school is “unable to discuss any disciplinary actions, conduct, or other personally identifiable information of its students.”

Rossi, who posted a $1,000 bond on Wednesday, did not have an attorney listed as representing her in online records.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/san-...t8U_sAV7Mhwed6q_qyJ1JMaEPefzR3FhmUySy_24

Okay, so my first initial reaction was that this mom and her son should be punished for what they did. But before reading the article I thought maybe some kind of poison was used. That it sounded like some nefarious scheme. But after reading the article I had second thoughts.

I do think this was an ongoing problem with these boys stealing from and bullying her son. What she used was not some poison. I think if the school had actually have addressed this problem the way they should have none of this would have ever happened. And had the alleged bullies not have stolen the sports drink in the first place nobody would have gotten ill to begin with. I'm still pretty undecided about which way to lean on this one. What are your thoughts?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Very same reaction. The first thirty seconds was "she should fry", assuming it was poison. And, of course, the school hides behind the "no comment" shield as far as previous instances.

I'm (mostly) sure she is beside herself and never intended for anyone to be in the hospital.

The bully's parents can only fake so much outrage, since their son is a bully and a thief.

The school should feel like idiots if they were informed of this bullying and thievery beforehand.

I guess you just hope everyone learned their lesson.

To go back to the parent a minute -- unless every other option was exhausted (informing the school, following up, making sure her son knew protocol when this happened, etc...), this was a pretty dumb idea. An adult should know that putting something in anyone's food or drink is dangerous and stupid. Yeah, I know this is an indirect method, induced by the 'victim', but still. Also, the cure for bullying isn't usually giving him an excuse to whip your son's ass. Even if he just spit the drink out, I can easily see this one ending in a scene "after school".

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
If her kid was being bullied, and the school did nothing, I think the students who stole and drank it should be counting their blessings that it wasnt worse.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I pretty much agree with everything you posted. And while I do agree that what the mom did was pretty dumb, I also consider the desperation that a mom would have to defend her child and protect him. That's an instinct that's very strong. Not saying that makes it right. But I do understand that when people reach a certain sense and point of desperation it leads to poor decisions.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by GMdawg
If her kid was being bullied, and the school did nothing, I think the students who stole and drank it should be counting their blessings that it wasnt worse.

And I see that point as well. That's what makes this all a pretty complicated situation for me. I mean we grew up in a time where people simply would have said, "Well that's what he gets for being an azzhole. He should consider himself lucky it wasn't worse."

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by GMdawg

And I see that point as well. That's what makes this all a pretty complicated situation for me. I mean we grew up in a time where people simply would have said, "Well that's what he gets for being an azzhole. He should consider himself lucky it wasn't worse."

That's what makes perspective interesting here. I remember complaining to an uncle in 1st grade that a kid was bullying others at the bus stop... not even me. His response was "punch him right in the breadbasket". And I did... and everyone watched with great pride... including the parents walking by. rofl

Times have changed.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
Legend
O
She made a bully puke and gave them an upset stomach, big deal. Just desserts if you ask me.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
2 members like this: EveDawg, jfanent
Legend
Legend
Call Tony Soprano.

Bring a real big bully and make the school bullies drink their own piss.

They will never bother her kid again.

Legend
Legend
Looks like all of us over 50 would probably end up in jail. rofl

2 members like this: TTTDawg, jfanent
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm not so sure. I might want to do something that could land me in jail. That's not a unique or unusual situation for me. However I'm not ready to go to jail so I find that as quite the deterrent. But there is one thing I always consider. The older I get the shorter a life sentence becomes. naughtydevil

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: TTTDawg
Legend
Legend
rofl

I'm sure you're not the first to say that, but I've never heard it before.

100% Pure Awesome. Can't wait to use it. 🤣

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Big bad bully went to the hospital for nausea and a headache? Even the bullies have been wussified in this day and age.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

And todays time parents count to 3 and do nothing. Argue with their own kids, give participation trophy's, make kids use two sheets of paper to show how 1+1 =2 Hell back in our day buddy the parents of the guilty kids would have beat their kids ass for stealing.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
2 members like this: TTTDawg, PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Having your stuff stolen makes you a criminal now? Sounds like the thieving bully messed around and found out.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Her son loves a mixture of lemon, salt and vinegar all the time. It isn't her problem the other kid got a tummy ache.

She shouldn't have done this. I am sure some bleeding heart is going to call for the kids expulsion from school and Mom to spend 90 days in the county workhouse.

Maybe suspend the dummy who drank enough of this to get sick. It couldn't have tasted good. Give him a couple of tums and tell him to get back to class.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Jester
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm on the Mom's side. She didn't do anything illegal. Lemon, salt and vinegar are all food safe ingredients. Putting those in a bottle is not a crime. Stealing somebody's drink is a crime. I think a lesson was learned. Sadly, I think if she gets prosecuted, negative lessons will be learned.

Edit ~ when I say I'm on the Mom's side, I'm not saying what she did was smart, but just that she shouldn't be prosecuted.

Last edited by dawglover05; 03/12/24 11:12 AM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I have no issues with Mom here. My biggest question was when asked about discipline regarding the "alleged bully", the school said it couldn't comment on disciplinary issues. Well, they sure talked about teh discipline received by the student who brought the drink to school.

Also the school was sort fo proud of the parents and students who the situation to the school's attention but didn't mention no one bringing the bullying to the school's attention.

I am in my early 60s, so I will sound like an old boomer, but I am pretty confident if my parents had found out I was picking on a kid, and stealing from him, my next chore would have been choosing which of my dad's belt would be used on me.

1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
Legend
If that would have happened to me or my brothers, my parents would have laughed their arses off at us learning a lesson. When I was in jr high, I was with some guys that took a younger kids hat and played keep away with it. The phys ed and shop teacher saw it and gave us a few whacks with the board of education. We didn't do it again.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
Legend
Kid stole and drank something that wasn't his, that he didn't know what it was and got sick... if the mom used poison I can see charging her.... with this situation she made something thinking it'd taste gross... but unfortunately made the kid sick....

I personally think the mom should at worst get a slap on the wrist...kid stole and drank something he didn't know what it was....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
If that would have happened to me or my brothers, my parents would have laughed their arses off at us learning a lesson. When I was in jr high, I was with some guys that took a younger kids hat and played keep away with it. The phys ed and shop teacher saw it and gave us a few whacks with the board of education. We didn't do it again.

Exactly.... my dad would have told me it serves me right for stealing someone else's drink

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Moral Question to Ponder

Link Copied to Clipboard