Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
Offensive tackle Hakeem Adeniji signing with the #Browns, per source.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
...not sure what they are thinking with this one.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Guessing a practice squad guy. Can find no stats beyond being a 6th round pick a few years ago.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I like what I see...this guy could become a starter for the Browns...Hakeem moves well and appears to use his body well, maintaining good form and looks to maintain good leverage...also, Hakeem scored 34 on the wonderlic. In 2021, he tore a pect. while doing an offseason workout but he was able to make it back being activated in Nov 2021... thumbsup

Last edited by mac; 03/12/24 04:34 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Here ya go...Hakeem's first game back after being reactivated after his pect injury.

Date: Nov 7, 2021, Bengals at Browns.

Hakeem is playing RG for the Bengals, #77.

Click the YT link...

Watching the first Bengals possession Hakeem is playing too upright..needed to get his butt down by bending his knees.

Last edited by mac; 03/12/24 05:11 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Don't understand this signing, the dude isn't any better than what we already have in Hudson and Dunn.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by dawg66
Don't understand this signing, the dude isn't any better than what we already have in Hudson and Dunn.

Depth. Building the roster isn't always about building the top of the roster. It's just as important to build the bottom half as well. In some ways, even more important. As they say, you are only as strong as the weakest link.

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe Conk isn't healing as hoped? Maybe we plan on trading or cutting somebody? Obviously the team sees a need that needed to be addressed.

What seems like a head scratcher now might become clear somewhere down the road.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Dude we went through all of our Tackles and then some last year. We need as much depth prepared as possible.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by GMdawg

Dude we went through all of our Tackles and then some last year. We need as much depth prepared as possible.

...I'd say we need as much good depth as possible. I just didn't really see a great fit here. He was pretty bad with the Bengals and didn't see the field with the Vikings. Doesn't seem to have great movement skills to run the outside zone plays and other "pulling" plays we have been running. Maybe we will be moving to more gap plays which would appear to better fit his skill set, but I still didn't see much to get excited about. We'll see, though. Maybe he developed behind the scenes. Maybe he's just see where he's at camp depth.

Do you see him as an OT, GM? Or is he more likely an OG? I tend to think he'd be better off at the latter, but he has played multiple spots. Maybe the "versatility" was attractive.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah we need depth, but you want guys that can actually play if needed and not be a huge liability. People scream about how bad Hudson is and Adeniji is even worse and it should tell you something when a team like Cincy who has had Oline troubles cuts a guy. Free Agency just started and we have holes that need to be filled but instead we are signing guys that have a 50/50 chance of even making the roster.

Last edited by dawg66; 03/13/24 11:13 AM.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yeah, Adeniji was pretty much trash in Cincinnati. He's young and maybe can improve, but I'm not counting on him or anything like that....even as mediocre depth.

Perhaps he beats out Hudson? If so, cutting Hudson costs us next to nothing to do and saves us $1MM.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Head scratcher to me.

Legend
Legend

Yeah we need depth, but you want guys that can actually play if needed and not be a huge liability. People scream about how bad Hudson is and Adeniji is even worse and it should tell you something when a team like Cincy who has had Oline troubles cuts a guy. Free Agency just started and we have holes that need to be filled but instead we are signing guys that have a 50/50 chance of even making the roster.

That bring up yet another question 66. Was the Bengals O-line THAT bad, or did their poor coaches contribute to their line? Also if we sign him at the start of the season to the practice squad he has plenty of time to learn the system and fill in when needed.

Legend
Legend
Do you see him as an OT, GM? Or is he more likely an OG? I tend to think he'd be better off at the latter, but he has played multiple spots. Maybe the "versatility" was attractive.

OT who can play guard.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign OT Hakeem Adeniji

Link Copied to Clipboard