Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
Legend
Legend
I watched the three shorts. Freakin' awesome -- thanks for posting!

#1. Imagine a well-calculated move that feeds no conspiracy theory with the Vrabel addition! So glad to have him and see how he's already paying dividends. There is nothing more important in any business than a fresh set of trusting eyeballs to walk in and question things (in a good way) that you've long taken for granted.

#2. New kickoffs should be exciting. This is when you're thankful to have the addition of a Vrabel... and a Bubba Ventrone. All teams starting with a clean slate, ours is smarter than most of them. wink So many things we haven't even thought about, just from the perspective of the kicker, "hangtime means nothing".

#3. Things that never cross your mind as a fan (at least not mine), the thought and planning that goes into gameday officiating crew. "Making sure your offensive players gloves match the jersey color of the opposing team".

Good stuff.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, DeisleDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kevin Talks well and I like listening to him speak.

However, if it wasn't for Goldhammer and Kevin saying good question.

I feel the looks Kevin was giving Rizzo, there may have been a finger flip.

LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know you get lots of thank yous for posting material.

I don't have Twitter or the X thing, not a social media person

I enjoy these posts, oh ! and by the way. Thank you ! smile

I do have some xxx , but I don't think I can post those interviews

LOL just having fun !

That might not be the right thing to say

LOL

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
rofl

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

London?!? Might end up being Saudi Arabia (pack sunscreen)!

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: FATE, PitDAWG
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

The dude realized he might be on the outside looking in.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
We knew, he knew, everyone knew that weight was an issue on his draft day. You get thrown into the rigors of your first NFL season and you can't really change that significantly. First offseason was always going to be the litmus test imo.

Legend
Legend
I read an article that said that DT seems to be a position where many players "need a year". We'll see on Ika.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

The dude realized he might be on the outside looking in.

Might be. Dark colors tend to make people look slimmer.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Ika could even get on the game roster last year.

If he is not in playing shape and does not show a massive improvement. He will be cut.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
True. And he could have tucked his Fa-Doop-Doop under his shorts.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Ika could even get on the game roster last year.

If he is not in playing shape and does not show a massive improvement. He will be cut.

I agree.

I have said for many years on this board that the only thing worse than a blown pick is sticking with a blown pick. Blown picks happen, just a fact of the business. Sticking with them is a choice.

Being a fairly high choice, if he doesn't pan out in camp this year, I could see us cutting him then sticking him on the practice squad for a year if he clears waivers. I'd be OK with that if it happens.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thinking about the D scheme, too...Has Schwartz ever prioritized a true nose kind of guy? It seems like he's more prone to having the gap attackers.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Thinking about the D scheme, too...Has Schwartz ever prioritized a true nose kind of guy? It seems like he's more prone to having the gap attackers.

I don't know. It doesn't seem like he does. I think he likes active DT's who can penetrate over those who anchor and hold their ground.

At least in todays NFL, guys who can neutralize two blockers don't work when 60-70% of the time you only have two LB's on the field.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Overall, I do not think so. In a draft interview with Kevin Stefanski, he made reference to the defensive interior and the types of guys they want when discussing the Michael Hall selection. In short, they lean towards guys who can be 3-techs and 2i-techs with pass disruption ability. No 0 tech was referenced. I know that's not from Schwartz's mouth but clearly, Stefanski knows that defensive identify and scheme.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm not sure they see Ika as a true nose guy. I think they see him as more of a pocket collapser/battering ram. I think they want him to play like more of an Albert Haynesworth, Ndamukong Suh, Jeffery Simmons type DT (All guys on teams that Schwartz has coached.) Brute-force guys. Guys that can reset the line of scrimmage in short yardage situations while also making QBs uncomfortable by compressing the pocket.

I've said it about other positions, but I think it also applies on the DL. The "team" likes giving themselves different stylistic options, so that they can try to exploit matchups.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Could of swore he was gone.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Andrew Berry Details Why Browns Did Not Retain Joe Flacco

May 2, 2024
By Earnest Horn
@earnest_horn
link

After Deshaun Watson’s season ended against the Baltimore Ravens, the Cleveland Browns signed former AFC North rival quarterback Joe Flacco to a contract to close out the 2023 regular season.

The Browns can credit the then-38-year-old quarterback with salvaging their playoff aspirations as he led the team to a postseason berth.

Browns GM Andrew Berry addressed the questions surrounding why the team did not re-sign Flacco this season to continue serving as Watson’s backup during an interview on “The Ken Carman Show with Anthony Lima” on Thursday.

Berry’s candid answer was that Flacco’s performance – which included two pick-six throws in a stunning 45-14 playoff loss – did not have an impact on Cleveland’s decision to sign quarterbacks Jameis Winston and Tyler Huntley this offseason.

“I can tell you Anthony (Lima) that we don’t really overreact to any individual performance (because) if that was the case, we would throw out our entire defense,” Berry said of the unit’s showing in the playoff loss.

Lima followed up that question with one directly pointed at Winston’s signing, asking if Berry brought in the former Buccaneers and Saints signal-caller due to his age (30) compared to Flacco as a now 39-year-old athlete.

Berry noted that age was not the only consideration, telling Lima that he took multiple factors into account in signing Winston to a contract in March.

Costs and performance were the other factors Berry outlined in making this decision, adding that both Winston and Flacco were “great” quarterbacks.

Berry concluded that Winston made the most sense for Cleveland due to other roster moves the team made.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
The "Andrew Berry Details Why Browns Did Not Retain Joe Flacco" piece literally offers zero detail on why the Browns did not retain Flacco.

Tackles are tackles.
6 members like this: lampdogg, Rishuz, FATE
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I read the post twice and the only thing I could get out of it was they didn’t resign Joe because of his age but even so it’s vague. I believe his age was a factor and Joe can go from very good to very bad in an instant as we saw in the playoff game.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 05/03/24 12:23 PM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard