Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Woman who accused Trevor Bauer of sexual assault indicted for fraud in Arizona
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39958530/trevor-bauer-accuser-indicted-fraud-arizona

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Are we to the point where Trevor Bauer has proven to be nothing more than an idiot? I've had a hard time keeping up with all of this. My best recollection of all this is that he's into abusive sex and had a series of willing partners. That's a big "whatever" to me. Certainly not a crime. If this chick is a fraud, is his entire suspension unwarranted?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
If this chick is a fraud, is his entire suspension unwarranted?

I would think the MLB is next on Bauer's list.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I would expect that to be a HUGE lawsuit. Booted out of baseball, in your prime, a year removed from a Cy Young? Not to mention the other damages. 100M+ would be my guess, although I see now that he got 60 of the 102M from the Dodgers.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I don’t think Bauer will win a lawsuit against the MLB for any significant dollar amount. Teams can sever ties and void contracts for any number of reasons that don’t involve being found guilty of an actual crime.

Conduct detrimental to them team and personal conduct policy protections are very broad and allow for a lot of latitude for the MLB and other leagues. In other words, they’re written so that the organization wins you lose.

That said, with the Bieber injury and Carrasco hanging on by a thread, Antonetti may want to get on the phone with Bauer’s agent. I wouldn’t mind watching Bauer chuck another ball from the mound over the CF fence again!

Legend
Legend
Weren't there 3 other women that got slapped around by Bauer? Consensual or not, it's not a good look.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I'm not sure. Spent a few minutes down that rabbit hole earlier. I know there was one that jumped on the wagon and then jumped back off. Another from Cbus(?) and the story went like "yeah, he did this and he did that and I didn't really like it all the time, several years later he was still doing it". I kind of stopped there.

The "consensual or not" part I'm not sure how I feel about. I mean, people are allowed to do whatever they want in the bedroom. I can think you're a loser scumbag all I want -- and I'm hard pressed to think anything but when a man hits a woman -- but if you both like to slap the [censored] out of each other, it's not really any of my business.

If he's pushing the envelope and gray area of 'what she wants', now he's a scumbag loser and one of the dumber people on the planet. Multi-millions and a career that will create generational wealth, but he wants to choke people. notallthere

R
Legend
Legend
R
Carmen and Lima had someone on a few weeks ago…some baseball insider, can’t remember the name…who said based on what he knew about the Bauer situation he wouldn’t touch him and didn’t think any teams would either. It sounded like what he was saying was that even if he wasn’t guilty of what he was accused of there was still enough bad elements of truth to his situation that would make it unattractive for a team to sign him.

Legend
Legend
I don’t think Trevor really cares either way. He just broke a Mexican league record. Nine consecutive strike outs.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Woman who accused Trevor Bauer of sexual assault indicted for fraud in Arizona

Link Copied to Clipboard