Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#467633 03/02/10 06:45 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
NFL team inquires about Gerald McCoy's underpants preference

Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy is one of the top prospects at the NFL draft, and is a lock to be drafted in the top five. He's 6-foot-4, 295 pounds and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.96 seconds. He's adept at penetrating the opposing backfield and disrupting plays, and for underwear, he likes to wear -- wait, what?

It's weird, but some unnamed team did ask McCoy about his underwear during the NFL Scouting Combine's interview sessions. From ProFootballTalk.com:

"Someone asked me if I wore a g-string or a jock strap when I played," McCoy told the NFL Network set Monday to disbelief, laughter and amazement.

McCoy did not divulge his answer.

I think it's more likely the team wanted to see how McCoy reacted to something unexpected than it is that they were actually curious about his undergarments. The best possible reaction is to probably take it in stride, chuckle, and politely tell them that no, he does not wear a g-string while playing football.

The worst possible reaction is probably to say, "Check this out," and stand up and drop his trousers.

Of course, that wouldn't be any more ridiculous than asking the question in the first place. You ask a silly question, and you open yourself up to a silly answer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdow...derpant?urn=nfl,225283

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is nothing to do with this thread...

but i find watching combine and listenin to mike mayok :extremely gay(no disrespect?) opnions..He was commenting on kids running 40s legs and thighs among other things...once in a while joking is okay..but he did it over and over...i was creeped out to say the least.

[Linked Image from fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net]
Legend
Legend
mayock is almost worst than that other guy on espn..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
What does this have to do with Mike Mayock?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
he was replying to me....sorry don't wanna hijack this thread...carry on

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Not for nothin' but Mayok has been pretty accurate with his rankings. He doenst go with the big names year in and out like Kiper.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Thats what i wondered????

But to add to that....Mayock makes Kiper look like a rookie and Kiper does a good job. People want to harp amd criticize these guys but for what they have to keep up with and nothing being a perfect science....they prolly do as good as anyone else in the business can do.

These guys do a great job.

By the way....VERY weird thread!

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I was confused as hell reading some of these posts and I started the damn thread!

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Just because this thread was about a stupid question asked at the combine...

I heard on ESPN radio yesterday that someone actually asked Sam Bradford, who is 1/16-th Native American, if he would play for the REDSKINS if they drafted him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
IMO

they ask questions like this to break the ice so they can feel a little more comfortale and give more relaxed uncanned answeres.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Lame. Not football anymore at that point. Hardly seee where that has much bearing on the Combine results and proving "Footballability" in players. Lame is the word.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Jock Strap or G-string?

G-string, thanks.... purple to be more precise. (can't make that comment without a dancing banana. )

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:

IMO

they ask questions like this to break the ice so they can feel a little more comfortale and give more relaxed uncanned answeres.

Thats a crazy break the ice question.. If anything it would make me a little more nervous.. "what other crazy questions are they gonna ask me?"..

dumb question.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I was confused as hell reading some of these posts and I started the damn thread!

hey hey hey..i said sorry i just had to get it out..i was listenin to mayok talk and it scared the crap out of me lol..so i posted it since this was a lil weird thread to start out with

R
2nd String
2nd String
R
I guess other lines of questioning just didn't get their attention anymore.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Thats what i wondered????

But to add to that....Mayock makes Kiper look like a rookie and Kiper does a good job. People want to harp amd criticize these guys but for what they have to keep up with and nothing being a perfect science....they prolly do as good as anyone else in the business can do.

These guys do a great job.

JMO, but Kiper and Mayock could not have done a worse job than some of our past GMs.

I could have called in my pick to the NFL from a bar room using Kiper's selections and who's the best players left and still done as well,maybe evenbetter.

Last edited by Line Judge; 03/04/10 03:54 PM.
F
Legend
Legend
F
The answer should have been without change of expression..

"G-String"

dramatic pause...

"But not on Gamedays"

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I am not a expert on you with that being said you couldnt hold eithers jock strap or g string.

If you could....you are crazy for not doing it.

These guys are not fixating on a few guys....they look and study hundreds of players. they know the strenghts, weeknesses and even the backgrounds of each and everyone one of them. They are privy of each teams needs but they are paid to evalute players and not so much how they fit into what a team teams.

Yes!!!!! I and you do know "OUR team needs"

Dosent make you smarter. I am pretty sure if you was in their seats....you and i and every other would be absolute dud when we start telling other temas fans "whats best for them"

Catch my drift You know that though...or i have thought you alot wiser.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
G
All Pro
All Pro
G
I saw something about this on PTI the other night. They were talking about a player who at a previous combine was doing a written profile/questionaire. One such statement he was to respond to was "We understand you like tall women", to which he crossed out the "T". lol

I think teams just like to get a feel for your personality so they throw in the quirky questions.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
most of u guys don't get what i meant...i don't care if they get every freakn' pick right..

he sounds like a creep when he is talkin about the players...i don't need to know how good his thighs look or how they r pasty white etc...

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
relax on the phobia. With the thighs he usually follows up with exposive of the line or speed or tough to tackle.

as for the pasty white part. well it was true, funny, gross all of the above.
but look your watching the combine too buddy. There all running around in there underwear. So unless your just as sick as him, don't throw stones.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
okay

L
Legend
Legend
L
Outstanding thread.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
haha

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Jock Strap or G-string?

Link Copied to Clipboard