cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
...and (3) if we trade down.

Legend
Legend
Don't know why, but I'm just not feeling that with Holmgren. Still a lot of free agency left though, and we have no idea what he's thinking. But you're right --trade down is tantamount to not getting him, and I think that is a mistake.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I think Holmgren has traded down a couple of times with the Seahawks. And Heckert has traded down with the Eagles.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The only scenario i see us being able to trade down is if one of the QB's happen to fall into our lap and if that were to happen Berry would most likely be gone. That is also the only scenario where I would like us to trade down.

Legend
Legend
Like I say, we have no idea what his real plan is. I just don't want to see him end up in some "tandem" with Reed or Polamalu,....wasn't Big Ed talking about retiring ?

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

The only scenario i see us being able to trade down is if one of the QB's happen to fall into our lap and if that were to happen Berry would most likely be gone. That is also the only scenario where I would like us to trade down.

If that happens I want us to draft a QB. I would feel much more comfortable going into the future with Bradford or Clausen as our QB than anyone currently on our roster.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not me, I don't want to waste a pick on a quarterback when next years draft is probably the deepest one in my recent memory.

Christian Ponder all the way! If you looked up prototypical WCO quarterback in the dictionary Ponders name would be on the list imo. At-least on my list anyways.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
I think Jake Locker would be above him on that list. The guy is a right handed Steve Young!

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

I think Holmgren has traded down a couple of times with the Seahawks. And Heckert has traded down with the Eagles.

You are right, they've both traded up and down quite a bit as GMs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think 1 QB will be taken before 7
2 DT's will be taken before 7
1 OT will be taken before 7

I refuse to commit on anything else, but I still don't believe Berry will be there for us, but it is possible.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

I think 1 QB will be taken before 7
2 DT's will be taken before 7
1 OT will be taken before 7

I refuse to commit on anything else, but I still don't believe Berry will be there for us, but it is possible.

Dream Killer

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
R
Rookie
Rookie
R
In a 3-4, you can never have to many linebackers. Though Fujita may be better suited for a ILB in the 3-4 he can play OLB. Plus, Spikes is a pretty talented LB himself and could become a dual threat.

"Every time that I score, I'm going to get the ball and sign it "To Holmgren" and give it to him just so he has the proof that I'm worth every penny"- JC
Legend
Legend
Well, and we're not 100% sure the team is sold on DQ, nor are we 100% sure that Fujita is going to be here a long time. I mean, his deal was only, what, 3 years?

If we draft a stud LB, he either makes his way into the starting lineup and we're set there for a while, or he gets to take his time and adjust to the NFL.

Frankly, I have a feeling DQ is going to be gone after this year. Nothing to back it up, just a hunch. If we get a LB with our 1st pick, that'll add to that feeling. Which is too bad because I like the guy.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I think Jake Locker would be above him on that list. The guy is a right handed Steve Young!

I don't deny that Locker is good but Ponder does a few things Locker doesn't. He he takes alot of snaps from under center (which I can't really say Locker doesn't), due to his intelligence on the football field he has been given the freedom to change plays at the line, he completed nearly 70% of his passes last year before going down with an injury, He doesn't lock onto one receiver (13 different games he hit 7 different receivers), and he is pretty damn accurate, hence the 70% completion percentage.

And like Locker he is a mobile quarterback who is able to make throws on the run or make plays with his feet. Also like Locker he sells the play action pass to perfection.

The only difference is Locker is a guy who will probably go in the top 5 and Ponder could be had in the mid first to second round providing he doesn't completely blow up the college football scene, which I fully expect him to if he comes back and remains healthy. I'm calling it right now.......Christian Ponder for Heisman.

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
I got that funny feeling too man. I'm a big DQ fan, but it just seems like it wasn't meant to be.

"Every time that I score, I'm going to get the ball and sign it "To Holmgren" and give it to him just so he has the proof that I'm worth every penny"- JC
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If we draft a stud LB, he either makes his way into the starting lineup and we're set there for a while, or he gets to take his time and adjust to the NFL.

The backer I think will be there@ 38 would seem to be Spikes..I would take him and sit him at the strongside..
I would then have this lineup:

SOLB-Roth/Hall/Benard
SILB- Spikes/Fujita/Bowens/Viekune
WOLB-Wimpy/Brown
WILB-DQ/Barton/Trunsnik/Miava

Of course as U can see thats too many LB's..someones got to go..

Legend
Legend
If that were the lineup, I have to think Barton would be the guy to go. However, he is a Mangini guy, so that might keep him around.

If it's not Barton, maybe Alex Hall. The guy produces when he's in, but it just seems he doesn't see the field as much as we fans think he should.

Veikune, Maiava, and Benard are all Mangini guys, or, in the case of Benard, a guy Mangini brought in and likes.

So, that might leave DQ. He's a holdover from a previous regime and may be seen as a trade for a few draft picks.

Not saying I'm advocating it, just throwing it out there.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Rankings...

Link Copied to Clipboard