Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
All it means to me is he is as likely to end up like Russel or Couch as he Manning. Jerome Harrison led the nation in yards and TD's (1,900 yards and 16 touchdowns) coming out of college in the 2006 Draft yet only managed to get a 4th round payday. Apples to Oranges.....

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

All it means to me is he is as likely to end up like Russel or Couch as he Manning

What? is there a word or two missing there?

I just keep thinking,,, what if?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Then again Jerome Harrison is third All-time in rushing for a single game.

(also he's actually 5th round choice)

I'm pretty confused about Tebow. If he put up such monster numbers and has the intangibles... Why are people so bummed about his innaccuracy and mechanics? (also innacurate? that doesn't make sense statistically)...

Perhaps a better question would be... Why did everyone get high on Couch and Russell? Why aren't they tagged as non first rounders? Why are Clausen and McCoy assumed to be more likely to succeed?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

And yet NFL evalautors for some reason aren't sold on Tebow. Couch and Russell are two bona fide NFL busts, even though pro football talent evaluators couldn't usher them into the league fast enough. Yet these same talent evaluators harbor grave doubts about the ability of the greatest and most efficient passer in SEC history to pass the ball at the next level.

Consider, Charley Casserly, the longtime NFL executive turned NFL Network analyst, who was on the air Thursday telling the world that Tebow will go no higher than the fourth round of the draft next month.

Other executives seem obsessed by the trivia over Tebow’s mechanics, while overlooking the rather irrefutable fact that he dominated college football like no player in memory and despite the fact that he was, by any objective measure, a much better passer than Couch, Russell, Stafford, and either of the Manning brothers.

Like many fans, this author lacks the depth of thought to look beyond a guy who "dominated college football like no player in memory..."

Too bad the NFL game isn't the same as the college game. If it were, he'd have a point, but it isn't, so he doesn't.

No amount of accolades professing his dominance at the college level will make the very real questions about his accuracy and mechanics go away. Nice try.....not really.

I've seen Homers who didn't produce this level of verbose craftsmanship..........

You still fail to ignore accomplishment and seek only to use your subjective opinion on where he projects.

Projecting is totally subjective. I project the NFL is changing and sooner rather than later, the NFL is going to be full of Tebows. You are projecting on last centuries model. maybe you and a few others need to get with the program.;)

I honestly think most put the guy down because he seems to good to be true.

Maybe he should go slap some chick around or have some gang tats put on his forearms...shrug

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
All Pro
All Pro
Sooo.... You're saying you think Tebow is pretty good?

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
C
Legend
Legend
C
I have to say, that is one of the worst articles I have read this draft season. It just screams "I want attention!" to me. This guy probably wrote this because he knows he will get some site hits if he writes an article stating the greatness of Tim Tebow.

I like how he passes off Tebow's mechanics as no big deal. If they weren't a problem then why is Tebow changing his mechanics on his own.

Also, the writer fails to mention that Tebow played in the spread offense in college. And took most of his snaps in the shotgun (not that big of a deal). Tebow never playing in a pro style offense is one of the biggest arguments against him.

Overall, it was just a horrible article that was probably written to get attention. Well done, guy whose name I don't know. You accomplished your goal.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Yeah, people think Tebow won't be good because he's too good to be true. That makes a lot of sense.

If Tebow was a guaranteed slam dunk like you say he is GM's would be taking him #1 overall with no reservations.

GM's don't avoid guys because they are too good to be true. They want to keep their jobs.

Worst argument ever.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Well, it's not his faith or his character that bother me. I do think he'll rub some guys the wrong way with how heavy he professes his faith or tries to project it to those around him. However, that goes away if he wins. Kurt Warner has proven that. I'd rather have a good guy as a QB than a bad one.

Now, regarding accomplishments in college relating to success in the NFL, a glance at the all-time leaders in passing efficiency in college will show you such illustrious names as Ty Detmer and Tim Rattay.........not exactly a "who's who" of HOF NFL QB's.

We'll also see great intangible and winning-record guys like Ken Dorsey. Again, not exactly prototypical NFL players.

So college accomplishments don't mean much when it comes to projecting a player to the next level.

Lastly, yeah, I know you believe there's a new-age spread coming to the NFL. Well, until I actually read where a coach is going to that, you'll forgive me if I don't buy it. If that was actually happening, you'd see articles stating such, and that because of such a move, Tebow would be a perfect fit for that offense.

I've yet to see one single article stating that.

The closest thing we can find is a move to the Wildcat, which is how Pat White went in the 2nd round to the Dolphins. He's been an utter failure.

I can't buy it, 'Peen. I'm critical of that article because it puts all it's marbles into the basket littered with Tebow's college accomplishments. If that's all it took, Ty Detmer would be right there with names like Montana and Marino.

Keep in mind I've had a change of heart from last year to this one regarding Tebow. Prior to this season, I felt he would have to change positions to get to the NFL. Now I feel that he can survive as a backup while acting as a specialty-guy, much like Vick is in Philly. However, I still don't see him as a starter anytime soon. Maybe, if he's really lucky, he can become one in the back-end of his career, but he needs so much work that it'll be hard for a team to dedicate it to him while still giving the primary starter his work.

I think when push comes to shove, I don't see Tebow as a 2nd round guy. He's lucky that this QB class is so pathetic or he'd probably be a 5th or 6th rounder.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Yeah, people think Tebow won't be good because he's too good to be true. That makes a lot of sense.

If Tebow was a guaranteed slam dunk like you say he is GM's would be taking him #1 overall with no reservations.

GM's don't avoid guys because they are too good to be true. They want to keep their jobs.

Worst argument ever.

More a statement than a argument.

Sometimes on message boards you just post your opinion if you hadn't noticed.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
No worries man....I know you have softened the stance.....now I am just coaching you along so you arrive at the correct conclusion.

Quote:

So college accomplishments don't mean much when it comes to projecting a player to the next level.

I don't buy that.

If so, why aren't more basketball and track guys drafted?? Many of those guy project to a NFL player.

I am not saying that as a joke. If projectability has such a large lead...or even a little over what a player has done against a top level of competition, why worry if you are so sure your ability to project is solid??

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

You still fail to ignore accomplishment

I thought he succeeded in ignoring accomplishments rather well !

Just yanking your chain a little Peen...

I'm probably never going to understand this whole hating on Tebow thing. I mean if you listen to all the stuff being said about his delivery, mobility, accuracy etc etc.. you'd think the guy was a total loser... yet, statistically, he's damn solid.

Somebody is going to take a chance on Tebow.. and my hunch is, they are going to be glad they did.. The kid is just too driven not to find a way to succeed..

Maybe it will be an ugly success.. but then, who would care?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

now I am just coaching you along so you arrive at the correct conclusion.

Thanks, Dad. After we're done, can you take me down to the whorehouse to lose my virginity, then down to the park to play catch?

Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------

I don't buy that.

If so, why aren't more basketball and track guys drafted?? Many of those guy project to a NFL player.

Keep in mind the focal point of that article. It isn't based on the "accomplishment" of experience or succeeding in an NFL-style offense. It's based on the accomplishments of winning national titles and winning post-season awards. Let's not confuse that by asking the question of why more pure basketball or track guys aren't drafted.

That article pushes Tebow because of things he's done in college, but predictably doesn't do a thing to persuade anyone that the issues which fueled the debates to begin with are wrong.

Simply put, it pushes the positives without addressing the negatives, when it's the negatives that make all the scouts stop short of endorsing him.

My original post was to slam a clearly pro-Tebow article that is as shallow, hollow, and transparent as it gets. If I saw an article like that about Bradford, I'd be equally as critical, probably more so because such bias actually weakens the players case, not enhance it.

It's wordy and verbose. If you set all that fluff aside, and get right down to it, the author could have saved us all the trouble and simply said:

"Tebow will be great because he won two national championships!!!!"

There's nothing else in his argument.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Thanks, Dad. After we're done, can you take me down to the whorehouse to lose my virginity, then down to the park to play catch?

Hey Uncle Todd, and Uncle Daman dont forget me along on this trip hehehe...Todd that had me rolling when I read it

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Hey Uncle Todd, and Uncle Daman dont forget me along on this trip hehehe...Todd that had me rolling when I read it

Ok Tubbster,, we'll take you out for Ice Cream too,, would that be ok

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Dude, it's Toad, not Todd.

You think that someone as messed up as Toad could have such a normal name?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Deep, with that sig, I'd think twice before I'd stick my tongue out at anyone. I'm just sayin'...

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Deep, with that sig, I'd think twice before I'd stick my tongue out at anyone. I'm just sayin'...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Thanks, Dad. After we're done, can you take me down to the whorehouse to lose my virginity, then down to the park to play catch

No problem.....I will play catch with you but you should still remain a virgin for a few more years....

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

Ok Tubbster,, we'll take you out for Ice Cream too,, would that be ok

rocky road?

#brownsgoodkarma
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
Toad what about the article where Jon Gruden is studying the spread?

If he ever coaches in the nfl again he might try to bring it with him.

Oh and here is the old article if you' re interested.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-02-08/sports/gruden08_1_spread-offense-tim-tebow-gruden/3

Legend
Legend
Quote:

rocky road?

Winner winner, Chicken Dinner

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Toad what about the article where Jon Gruden is studying the spread?

If he ever coaches in the nfl again he might try to bring it with him.

Oh and here is the old article if you' re interested.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2009-02-08/sports/gruden08_1_spread-offense-tim-tebow-gruden/3

That's all fine and well, but having a non-employed coach talking about it is a totally different thing than actually doing it.

Here's my exact quote:
Quote:

Lastly, yeah, I know you believe there's a new-age spread coming to the NFL. Well, until I actually read where a coach is going to that, you'll forgive me if I don't buy it. If that was actually happening, you'd see articles stating such, and that because of such a move, Tebow would be a perfect fit for that offense.

I've yet to see one single article stating that.

Gruden can talk all he likes about the possibilities of the spread coming to the NFL. But as my quote clearly states, until I see an actual coach do it, I'm not believing it.

The spread offense as it's run under Meyer is so involved that a team cannot implement it while simultaneously installing a more traditional NFL offense. There just isn't enough hours in the week.

I could get into the conversation as to why the spread-option wouldn't work over the long-haul in the NFL, but that's a long philosophical discussion that'd take more time than I'm willing to commit. I'll simply leave it where I left it before: Until I see a coach say he's bringing it to the NFL, I'm not believing it.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Tebow's dad thinks son will go in top 15 picks

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 26, 2010 10:53 AM ET

The consensus now surrounding Tim Tebow's draft stock is that he won't make it out of the second round. His father, Bob Tebow, thinks he'll go a lot higher than that.

"If the Jaguars don't take him at 10, he'll be gone by 15," Bob Tebow told Sam Kouvaris of 1010XL in Jacksonville last week. (Click column "Is Tim coming here?" for full story.)

Don't assume these are simply the words of a biased father. I have heard similar rumors that members of Tebow's camp are convinced, right or wrong, he will go in the top half of the first round.

Yes, this could easily be predraft scuttlebutt aimed at getting a team to jump on Tebow. But Bob Tebow's matter of fact confidence comes from somewhere.

I've heard enough information from a separate source that makes me believe Tebow has a better chance of getting taken in the first round than the Mock Draft Mafia believes.

At the very least, clearly Tebow thinks he will be drafted that high.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/26/tebows-dad-thinks-son-will-go-in-top-15-picks/

--------------------------------------------

Too bad his Dad isn't a NFL GM. Top 15 ? Ummm Maybe we should take him at 7 before someone else grabs him... TOAD will LOVE this

"Just gotta Coach em up" , "I thought they Battled" , " I need to watch the tape"
Legend
Legend
Quote:

That's all fine and well, but having a non-employed coach talking about it is a totally different thing than actually doing it.

I don't know if the spread is a good idea or a bad idea in the pros.. don't care really.,.,,

Buy why diss a pretty good coach because he's not in the league at the current time.. why does that make his opinion any less valid?

Just asking.. cause it sounds like you don't want to hear that so you disrepect the guy saying it... wierd and not at all like you..... I'm in SHOCK

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
not to insert myself but the point is that there is so support that the NFL, as an organization, is headed in that direction as someone else claimed just becuase a former nfl coach says he's studying it. even if he says he has every intention of using it, as of right now, because he's an ex-coach that's out of the league, it holds no real weight. it doesn't mean he won't do it, just that it's not support for league trends right now.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Too bad his Dad isn't a NFL GM. Top 15 ? Ummm Maybe we should take him at 7 before someone else grabs him... TOAD will LOVE this

I think the media is so much to blame for this kinda thinking. The general consensus is even after his pro day that most observers were not any more impressed with Tebow's QB skills than they were before he showcased his "new delivery". Yet his father is going to go out on a limb and make this kinda statement. The hype will just not settle no matter what he does or doesn't do. The same can be said about Bradford as well,until he unveiled his new physique,he was only considered one of the better QB's in a weak QB draft class. Now people are not only talking about him going #1 but mentioning the Browns TRADING UP to grab him.

Don't drink the kool-aide folks. The media is trying to make the draft more like a circus event every year.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Buy why diss a pretty good coach because he's not in the league at the current time.. why does that make his opinion any less valid?

I'm not dissin' the coach or dismissing his opinion. I'm saying it's one thing to talk to a reporter and say something sounds like a good idea, but it's another thing to actually be coaching for an owner and decide that you're going to be the first to bring an offense to the NFL.

Basically, anyone can sit in front of a mic and talk. It's not his ass on the line so he's got nothing to lose.

Until an NFL coach actually comes out and says he's installing the spread-option I'm a non-believer.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Tebow's dad thinks son will go in top 15 picks

I would like to take this time to note that I believe my son with be a top10 pick in the 2028 NFL draft.

And that my younger son will be a top5 pick in the NBA draft that same year (since only 1 year needed in college if the rules stay the same)

#gmstrong
dong #476916 03/26/10 12:36 PM
Legend
Legend
Dong, I get that.. and I don't care. that's not at all what I was speaking of.. go back and read my post again... you will see that I could care less if the spread ever made it to the NFL.....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d...mp;confirm=true

Large market exists for Tebow despite questions about mechanics
By Pat Kirwan | NFL.com
Senior Analyst

HQ video delivered by Akamai

Normally, a 6-foot-3, 236-pound quarterback who started 41 major college games, winning all but five of those games, led his team to a national championship (and was a contributor to another), and won a Heisman Trophy is a rock solid first-round NFL draft pick.

Not to mention along the way, this guy threw for 9,285 yards, 88 touchdowns and just 16 interceptions, which is 28 more touchdowns and 11 fewer interceptions than Jimmy Clausen, who's expected to go higher than him, and the exact number of touchdowns and interceptions as the top-rated quarterback in the draft, Sam Bradford, in his career.

Tebow a top-10 pick?
NFL.com's Vic Carucci writes that it makes sense for the Bills to draft quarterback Tim Tebow, even if it means taking him with their No. 9 overall pick. More ...
Of course, I'm talking about Tim Tebow.

As we begin to close in on the 2010 NFL Draft, the debate rages on about Tebow's ability to play in the NFL and where he should be selected. As one prominent NFL head coach told me today of his elongated throwing motion, which seems to be his biggest red flag, "Tim will not make his throwing an issue. He fixed it, and it has changed the evaluation of him." Another head coach: "He is not typical, and the regular evaluation rules don't apply to this guy."

So how much credence goes into comments made by Tebow's former Florida teammate, wide receiver Deonte Thompson, who, in a roundabout way, said last week that Tebow isn't a "real quarterback"? According to one well respected general manager, none at all.

And when Bengals wide receiver Andre Caldwell says Tebow won't be an elite passer, he didn't say he couldn't be an elite quarterback. There are plenty of guys with average throwing skills who can lead a team and win in the NFL (By the way, there are a few teams that believe Tebow can win games -- lots of games in the NFL).

So what is the ideal situation for Tebow that gives him the best chance to be successful when he enters the league?

Latest Tebow buzz
Tim Tebow is one of the most intriguing draft prospects in history, and NFL.com is on top of all the news, analysis and opinions regarding the former Florida star QB. Blogs ...
In my opinion not being a first-round pick would help his cause and keep early expectations down. Wherever he goes, a media circus will follow. And one GM at the NFL Annual Meeting last week told me he wants no part of it.

All three quarterbacks drafted in the first round last year -- Matthew Stafford, Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman -- were on the field early. Tebow needs time to develop his craft, and being selected in the second or third round by a team with an established quarterback would be ideal. Going to a team with an unstable quarterback situation means fans and media will be calling for Tebow the second the starter begins to fall apart.

A team pressured by the need to sell tickets is not a good place for Tebow, who shouldn't be viewed as a marketing tool but rather a developmental player requiring time for grooming. One front office executive who watched his performance at the Senior Bowl and his pro day said, "Tebow willed his throwing issue fixed." I followed up that statement by asking if he could know for sure that Tebow won't revert back to his old throwing habits when there is a pass rush in his face. The executive's answer: "No one knows for sure, but I would bet on Tebow before a lot of guys with the same problem."

It's clear there is a market for Tebow, whose stock is on the rise. In January, people at the Senior Bowl thought they were looking at a fourth-round pick. At the NFL Scouting Combine, when he had a 38½-inch vertical, ran a 4.72-second 40-yard dash, 4.17 short shuttle, and a 9-7 broad jump, the talk turned to him being a late third rounder. Now Tebow's pro day and personal visits with a few teams have left many thinking second round, and there is even some talk about the first round with three weeks left to go until draft day.

Here are the teams that have Tebow on their radars:

New England
The Patriots may be the ideal spot for Tebow with future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady on the field for the foreseeable future. No pressure on Tebow to play right away and years to learn the pro game from coach Bill Belichick and Brady. Belichick is friends with Florida coach Urban Meyer and will gain more insight into the player than anyone else. The Patriots have three picks in the second round and have the flexibility to pull the trigger on this deal. Tebow has already visited with New England, which really needs another quarterback on its roster with second-year undrafted Brian Hoyer as the backup. Tebow has already expressed a desire to play any position, and the creative mind of Belichick could find plenty for him to do for the next few years.

Washington
The Redskins are probably going to miss out on Bradford with the Rams looking poised to take him at No. 1 overall. Washington will most likely target a left tackle (Russell Okung) with the No. 4 pick and give Tebow strong consideration in the second round if they don't fall in love with Clausen in the next few weeks. Coach Mike Shanahan also has insight into the Florida program, which is a positive for Tebow. Bringing Tebow in for one of the team's allotted 30 visits and having general manager Bruce Allen and Shanahan make a visit to Gainesville for a private workout was not a smoke screen as some would suggest. I had a head coach tell me Shanahan is very intrigued with Tebow.

Buffalo
Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly took Tebow out for dinner when he visited the Bills. I remember when Kelly was coming out of high school and Penn State recruited him to be a linebacker, not a quarterback. I think Kelly has always carried the attitude that he could do anything he set his mind to and sees a lot of his younger self in Tebow. The Bills need a leader and a face of the organization, and Tebow certainly brings that to the table. But here's a situation in which he probably hits the field before he's ready, and that could be a recipe for disaster. If the Bills could select him in the third round (No. 72) it would be okay, but they may have to use No. 41 in the second round, which would add more pressure to the situation. With Buffalo's issues along the offensive line, Tebow's running skills would come in handy while new head coach Chan Gailey works with him.

2010 NFL Draft

Mock drafts:
» Davis: Don't let Browns' Holmgren fool you
» Brooks: How Raiders could land Suh
» Kirwan: What if Clausen slips?
» Wilcots' top 10: Williams makes impact at No. 9
» Davis' top 10: Ready for a surprise party?
» Casserly's top 10: WR Bryant sneaks in
» Lombardi's top 10: Measurables U. calling Raiders

Draft Tracker:
» Rounds | Teams | Players | Positions | War Rooms

NFL Draft coverage:
» Mayock: Draft prospect rankings | Top 20

Interact:
» Vote: Most valuable draft picks
» Announce a pick live at the draft

Draft moves to primetime:
» Round 1: Thursday, April 22 (7:30 p.m. ET)
» Rounds 2-3: Friday, April 23 (6 p.m. ET)
» Rounds 4-7: Saturday, April 24 (10 a.m. ET)

Jacksonville
The Jaguars are a natural fit for Tebow as the hometown guy. And with David Garrard starting for the time being, Tebow wouldn't get under center right away. Tebow is not ready to beat out the underrated Garrard, but a year from now he might be. The Jags don't have a second-round pick and are probably not sacrificing No. 10 in the first round to get him. I did speak with someone in Jacksonville at the Senior Bowl who said, "I like a lot about Tim and not worried about his struggles throwing the ball this week in Mobile." It sure sounded to me like there was genuine interest at a time when Tebow was being heavily criticized.

Cleveland
The Browns have built the perfect situation to draft Tebow. Mike Holmgren is the team president and well known for developing quarterbacks. He eliminated Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson from the equation and replaced them with an older quarterback in Jake Delhomme, who may have a year or two left in him, and former Seahawks backup Seneca Wallace, who could help in the development of Tebow. Holmgren has the same questions I have about the "new" Tebow mechanics holding up when the pass rush and coverages are part of the performance. Holmgren knows he bought some time to work on it with Tebow, and I go back to Holmgren's days in Green Bay when he developed Mark Brunell, Aaron Brooks, Ty Detmer, and Matt Hasselbeck, as well as the great Brett Favre.

Seattle
New coach Pete Carroll has been public about his respect and excitement for Tebow as a pro. Trading for Charlie Whitehurst may eliminate the Seahawks from the equation, but Whitehurst only signed a two-year deal and there's no guarantee there will even be a franchise tag in the next CBA. I don't believe the Seahawks would use one of their two first-round picks on Tebow, and they moved down far enough in the second round that they should miss out on him as well. But never underestimate the Seahawks making a move in the draft if he's within reach.

And now here are some dark horse candidates that may very well have more interest in Tebow than they've let on to this point. I played golf one day with a former NFL head coach who said, "Parcells loves Tebow.":

Miami
Bill Parcells loves football players, and Tebow fits the bill. The Dolphins are not swayed by things like how the public feels about Pat White. If Parcells is intrigued enough, then they will consider him.

Pittsburgh
Tebow has old school Steeler traits. He loves the game, has high character and toughness. Ben Roethlisberger hasn't exactly been the perfect Steeler, and the truth is there is a backup QB situation in Pittsburgh that Charlie Batch can't answer. Pittsburgh has a long history of taking the time to develop their own players and taking Tebow at No. 52 in the second round is not out of the realm of possibility.

San Francisco
Alex Smith hasn't locked down the quarterback spot for the Niners, although I think he can this year. The Niners have two picks in the first round to address needs in the secondary and at offensive tackle. If they don't get in the mix for Donovan McNabb, then Tebow in the second round comes into play. David Carr, who the 49ers acquired in free agency, is not the answer if Smith doesn't come through this season.

Carolina
The Panthers just don't have the draft picks to address all their needs and think about Tebow. But coach John Fox has had plenty of positive things to say about him, especially at his pro day. This one is a long shot.

Oakland
Tebow is better than JaMarcus Russell right now and is the total opposite and just what this team needs going forward. The Raider Nation deserves some hope, and Tebow could deliver it.

Kansas City
The Chiefs have two second-round picks, and general manager Scott Pioli loves high character guys.

how many Gm's were at the NFL meetings last week?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Wow, that's funny. They just compared Tebow's 4 years of playing, or at least 3 years of starting and playing part of his freshman year, and having 88 TDs, to Bradford's 2 years and a game and 88 TDs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
don't forget about the 40 some rushing td's he had too

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Timmy Tebow Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard