Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Rookie
Rookie
M
Not taking him in the first isn't removing him from the draft board...just the first round.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Right, but people have said we have removed him from our draft board. Meaning if he was there in the 7th we still wouldn't take him. He will be gone by the mid-first though.

M
Rookie
Rookie
M
haha I highly doubt we wouldn't take him if he was there in the 7th. But I agree...he will most likely be gone in the first.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Confirmed...Good move...

A source close to the Browns confirmed to SI's Peter King that Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant is "no longer on our list."

I never thought the Browns would take Bryant at #7 but reading this doesnt make it a possibility of the Browns not selecting Bryant what-so-ever. The way GMs and coaches lie before the draft I dont put any stock into this. Last year, everyone was reporting on how the Browns brass were in love with Sanchez. Sanchez was their for the taking with the 5th pick and they just traded it away. Teams expressing interest or lack-there-of should mean nothing to anyone. Nobody wants to show their cards and everyone is bluffing.

I wouldnt think the Browns are doing their job if they say they have "no interest" in a potential top 10 pick. Even with character concerns and even if they wanted nothing to do with Bryant, they should be hyping him up. Especially if the select players they deem worthy of the selection are already picked, then they could use the buzz created around Bryant to trade the pick and move down and get more picks.

If it is 100% true that the Browns took him off their board, I would think that its because they dont want to take a WR at 7 and they dont think he will be there with their 2nd round pick. With the way Mangini ran things last year about letting info get to reporters (he even checked cell phone records), even with Holmgren in charge, I seriously doubt they would let any of their draft board info get to Grossi.

I would believe it if I read this after the draft.

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Quote:

they should be hyping him up

I don't think anyteam is going to trade up to get Bryant. If he falls to someone then they will pull the trigger but it doesn't look like many teams would be willing to part with extra to get him. a high 1st rounder is gamble enough.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Kiper says we should take Dez Bryant at #7

Link Copied to Clipboard