Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
I do not doubt that what you posted is the order in which they'll be drafted.

I also don't think I'm a good QB evaluator.

I do like them in the order I listed.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

0fer Indianapolis doesnt matter who they play

May very well go 0-fer

Quote:

2-9 St. Louis =49ers, Seahawks, Bengals, Steelers, 49ers

Probably looking at 3-13

Quote:

]2-9 Minnesota =Broncos, Lions, Saints, Redskins, Bears

Ditto.

Quote:

3-8 Miami = Raiders, Philly, Bills, Pats, Jets

Could win 2 (Philly & Buffalo) of those 5 and end up 5-11.

Quote:

3-8 Carolina = Bucs, Falcons, Texans, Bucs, Saints

They might eek out a win (Bucs) and end up 4-12 or they may lose out.

Quote:

3-8 Jacksonville = Chargers, Bucs, Falcons, Titans, Colts

They could win 2 or 3 of those games (SD, TB, Indy) and end up 5-11 or 6-10.

Quote:

4-7 Washington = Jets, Pats, Giants, Vikings, Eagles

They could win 2 or 3 of those games (Minny, Philly and maybe one of the NY teams) and finish 6-10 or 7-9.

Quote:

4-7 Arizona =Cowboys, 49ers, Browns, Bengals, Seahawks

They could win 2 or 3 of those games (the Browns, Seattle and steal one of the others).

Quote:

4-7 Kansas City = Bears, Jets, Packers, Raiders, Broncos

They probably won't win another game but could surprise one of them. Ending the season 5-11 should be considered an accomplishment at this point. More likely 4-12.

Quote:

4-7 Tampa Bay = Panthers, Jags, Cowboys, Panthers, Falcons

They could win 3 of the 5 (Carolina x 2, Jax) and lose the other two. Dropping one of the two games against Carolina isn't out of the question. Anywhere from 5-11 to 7-9.

Quote:

4-7 Cleveland = Ravens, Steelers, Cards, Ravens, Steelers

We might win the Cards game and could hope to steal one of the others. Probably 4-12 but might reach 5 or 6 wins.

Quote:

4-7 Seattle = Eagles, Rams, Bears, 49ers, Cards

They could win 2 or 3 of these games (St. Louis, Arizona, maybe Philly). They'll probably finish 6-10 but might squeeze out with consecutive 7-9 records.

Quote:

4-7 San Diego = Jags, Bills, Ravens, Lions, Raiders

They might get 2 wins (Jax, Buffalo) but I'm not convinced of even that many. They'll end up anywhere from 4-12 to 6-10, most likely the former than the latter.

Quote:

4-7 Philly = Seahawks, Dolphins, Jets, Cowboys, Redskins

They could win 2 (Seattle, Washington), maybe as many 4 of these games (plus Miami and NYJ) and top at from 6-10 to 8-8.

Quote:

The game against the Cards is huge. Lose and we are probably drafting 4th, win and may not be in top 10.

Win any of those games and we might not draft in the single digits.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Based on your chart Looks like if the Jags win tommorow

1. Colts
2. Rams
3. Vikings
4. Redskins
5. Browns

we are looking to be in pretty good position to get Barkley. Maybe, with the way things are shaping, might be able to move back up a tad from the atlanta pick and get Trent richardson.

Legend
Legend
All we have to do is get in front of Washington.

And who knows, Shanahan might favor a guy like RG3 or Jones over Barkley...

Now all we need is to win a game to screw this up....

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
have to say ; that kid RG3 is exciting to watch .. Probably be a flop in the NFL just like Tebow and Newton..

S
Legend
Legend
S
I know Tebow is winning with Denver, but no way what he's doing work in our division. He wouldn't make it through a 16 game schedule.

I think we need a big strong QB.

Legend
Legend
I only saw RGIII in one game, but he was impressive as can be. He showed arm strength, accuracy, the ability to fit the ball into windows, pocket awareness, and frankly everything you would want in a WCO QB.

I would not be terribly upset if we took him.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not going to buy that !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Only two games , but he Wowed me !

Legend
Legend
Is RGIII even 6 foot tall? He's billed at 6'2.. But I dunno about that... We see enough batted down passes with McCoy...

And I don't know if he's the kind of guy that could come in and start right away in the NFL...

I'm currently in the Luck/Barkley or no QB camp. I'm not interested in High Risk...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Is RGIII even 6 foot tall? He's billed at 6'2.. But I dunno about that... We see enough batted down passes with McCoy...

And I don't know if he's the kind of guy that could come in and start right away in the NFL...

I'm currently in the Luck/Barkley or no QB camp. I'm not interested in High Risk...

That's where I'm at. RG3, Jones, etc look good, but so did Colt coming out of college. He had wins/stats (injury in BCS championship game probably set his draft status back a bit)

I think the NFL with drafting QB's is more about what you are able to do than what you've done.

I like Barkley a lot, but I'm no expert. If an expert told me you're getting a prospect similiar to Mark Sanchez, I'll pass. I want playmakers, not guys who gravy train other talent. We don't have a lot of talent to have someone gravy train.

We need to hit on these 2 high picks. I know we have serious needs at WR and LB but honestly, we just need to get 2 really good players. 2 impact/difference makers.

If Colt ends up not being the guy, the next guy needs to have all the things you need. I'm tired of "Well he can't do this, or he's not tall enough, or he can't make this throw" The next guy better have all the tools. I'm tired of the excuses. We all are.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am just not a fan of guys that run the spread. Jones, RG3, Weeden all have a ton of talent but you just never know how they are going to do when they have to work from under center. It is a real decision to invest a high pick in a spread QB.

Legend
Legend
Griffin has amazing deep accuracy though. He also seem to have good short accuracy, and makes quick decisions.

I haven't seen enough to know for sure, but I was very impressed in the one game I saw.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I'm always skeptical as it relates to Deep Accuracy in the college game...

Alot of the throws just seem like deep lobs that would be easily picked off in the NFL...

I haven't watched alot of RG3 to know though so I won't speculate...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Guys from the spread are often throwing to a spot. I think it is why Colt has had so much trouble with a moving target. Not saying he cant be the next Steve Young but you really have to kick all the tires on those quarterbacks.

If I had my choice I would probably look at someone that is running a pro system.

Legend
Legend
If the top 4 in the draft is

Colts
Rams
Vikings
Browns

We may have to trade up just to get Barkley, Lucks going #1 (Probably) And with two teams set at QB looking to trade down, we may get jumped for Barkley, I'd be ok with that if it meant we get Blackmon, but who knows...

I said Probably going #1, because I think people are trying to talk him out of that spot, and if a guy like Barkley has an awesome pro day/combine, who knows, the Colts may surprise everyone...

Add the Cam Newton effect could be shooting RG3 up the board and I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

My incredibly brief scouting report of the top QBs we could get:

Barkley

Pros: accuracy, intelligence, pocket presence, experience, system
Cons: Note elite arm strength, not a great athlete, only 6'2"

Griffin

Pros: athleticism/running ability, deep ball, accuracy, intelligence, decision making, release point
Cons: height/build, low release point, system, not a great arm

Jones

Pros: size, arm, deep ball, pocket presence,
Cons: accuracy, decision making/intelligence, system

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
How can you grade "release point" as both a pro AND a con for RG3?

Also FWIW, going into the MNF game we currently hold the #7 pick.

1. Colts
2. Rams
3. Vikings
4. Jaguars
5. Redskins
6. Panthers
7. Browns

We'd move to #6 if Jax wins or stay #7 if SD wins.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
I will be killed for this. I found out who RG3 reminds me of. Aaron Rodgers when he was at Cal. Both played in a similar spread offense. Both have the same build and athleticism (Rodgers is a very good athlete). Same arm strength. They made good decisions and shined in big games. Lastly they both had very good accuracy.

A huge difference is footwork and defensive competition. From yesterdays game:

1. Man does Griffin's O=line stink (Nothing new here) His pocket collapses so fast.

2. He was MUCH better putting air under the ball this week. He threw a few absolutely perfect deep and intermediate passes. His ability to stretch the field with such perfection and occasionally run the ball makes him nearly impossible to defend.

3. Nice to see his defense actually help him out a little for once. Had the defense played like that all year, they probably wouldn't have lost a single game.

4. He has now beaten TCU, Oklahoma, and Texas. With losses to K-State and Oklahoma State. That's not a bad resume at all considering the fact that his O-line is so terrible in pass protection and his defense is ranked 114th and has allowed 478 YPG and 35.7 PPG (Despite Griffin only throwing 6 INT's). (On a side note the top 4 of the ranked defenses in the NCAA are SEC schools)

5. He finished the regular season with an NCAA leading and pretty close to a new record I think, passer rating of 192.3. He leads the NCAA in YPA by over half a yard with 10.8. He has completed 72.4% of his passes. 36 TD's 6 INT's and another 9 Rushing TD's. If he has a decent bowl game then he will finish with over 5,000 total yards.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Atlanta and Draft Order Part II

Link Copied to Clipboard