Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Punchsmack #648498 01/04/12 08:53 AM
Legend
Legend
Just curious... isn't Kalil a LT and not a RT?

Has anyone considered that he may not be as good on the right side? Does anyone even know if he can play that side? I mean, everything is the opposite. From the stance to the footwork, hand placements... everything is the inverse of what he's been doing. That isn't going to be a slam dunk transition.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Kalil actually likes to run block more than pass block and struggles a bit against speed rushers, so he'd be a pretty good fit at RT...he's not in the Thomas/Long class and is more a J.Brown spec as in being a LT/RT tweener...he could also play G if everything fails

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

Just curious... isn't Kalil a LT and not a RT?

Has anyone considered that he may not be as good on the right side? Does anyone even know if he can play that side? I mean, everything is the opposite. From the stance to the footwork, hand placements... everything is the inverse of what he's been doing. That isn't going to be a slam dunk transition.

I see it being a pretty simple transition as well -- I do think that at RT Martin rates a little closer to Kalil than he does at LT - since Martin is a little bit bigger and a little more of a mauler in the run blocking game.

I also think it makes Kirkpatrick rate a little closer to Claiborne, since Kirkpatrick is a big body (>6'2" which is huge for a CB) and might fit in better next to Haden (who is a more average 5'11") -- so much for CBs depends on the cone drills/40, so there's still a lot of time to go in that analysis.

~Lyuokdea
Lyuokdea #648501 01/04/12 02:59 PM
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
We have so many holes that there is a case to be made at a lot of positions. WR, RB, DE and obviously QB. But I really wouldn't mind Kalil at all. I think it would give us the best offensive line in football right away. Giving a quarterback that extra time to throw is just huge, and being able to run to either side changes everything. Pashos KILLED us this year.
I'd still prefer Blackmon, but I like Kalil over a second CB.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Trading Back

Link Copied to Clipboard