Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I really think it helps our chances of getting Luck. The old GM was pretty much set on going Luck. The new GM Grigson is Great friends with Heckert. I think he wants more picks and to start rebuilding this aging franchise.

You have the Colts roster including Peyton Manning. The Browns offer you their #4, #22 and #38 for Andrew Luck. That means you have 4 picks in the top 40. You could add your future QB, DE, and Receiver ad fill the current need at corner. Those 3 picks are trade chart value and teams arent going to stay to far from that chart.

If we do that then we really need to hit some home runs in free agency and in the mid rounds of the draft. I gotta say it makes alot of sense for both teams.

Heres the question's I would ask myself. (best Pluto voice)

Why wouldnt the Browns keep those picks and add "Their future QB, DE and Receiver" instead of adding just 1 future QB? If it works for Indy why wouldnt it work for the Browns who have more needs?

Thats why im not in the trade up camp we can do more to help this team by not trading up.
Also as someone posted we could trade down get a 1st next year maybe even 2 under the right situation and trading down twice. Then be in prime position to do what ever we want in next year draft as well

I understand your point, but I'll disagree with the "we have more holes" point SLIGHTLY, not that it had anything to do with your overall statement...

The Colts are in a really bad position, They whole Manning thing, Their Oline isn't that great, they have ALOT ogf FAs and quite a few of them are getting somewhat older...

It's in my opinion that unless they completely blow it up, they have a really small window to win now, and if Mannings healthy, they could view this as a chance to win one or two more SBs now instead of maybe competing 5-6 years from now...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Here is an even worse case, we make that trade with Indy they hold the 4th pick now and RG3 falls to them then trade that pick to washington. Getting their first next year and their 2nd this year. Moving to 6 you have Luck Clayborn Blackmon and RG3 off the board. Richerson (sp? the running back goes next) they grab Kawli (again sp?) falls right into their lap. They take WR with the atlanta pick. DE with their 2nd round pick, Corner with our 2nd rounder and LB with Washingtons pick.
Next year we tank as usual, manning falls apart, Wahington is well washington and they go south because RG3 isnt NFL ready and they have the #1 (ours) the # 2 (theirs) and washingtons at #3 the 2013 draft.
Humm hello Barkley.They are rebuild in 2 years for the next decade.

We have just (the) Luck

Last edited by NickBrownsFan; 01/19/12 07:58 PM.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
You are probably right about that.I think McCoy, plugged into the packers offense, against that team, comes off looking like a very good QB. But for the price that I have heard it would cost to acquire Flynn,I just don't see an upgrade worth the risk.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would not make the trade because I am a believer in Tannehill as a franchise QB and I believe I can get him at 22. I also believe Trent Richardson is the 2nd best player in this draft and a hair behind him is Claiborne.

I am perfectly content to take Richardson, Tannehill and Dwight Jones with my first 3 picks and do a happy dance all the way to the podium turning in the cards for each.

Legend
Legend
With the foot injury, any chance Tannehill drops to Round 2?

I think it depends on what you're drafting him for.

Are we drafting Tannehill to sit for a year behind Colt/Wallace/FA?

Or is he coming in here to compete right away (well I guess he can't...)

I'm not sure what my point is...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Many people have Tannehill pegged in round 2 before the injury.

He was almost always in round 2 before Barkley and Jones went back to school, i'm not sure what he's done to improve his stock since.

~Lyuokdea
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

He was almost always in round 2 before Barkley and Jones went back to school, i'm not sure what he's done to improve his stock since.

He is a QB in a QB thin draft is probably about it that alone raises his stock.Not sure but with his injury I would have to guess hes going to fall to the 2nd round however one of the good teams may be willing to take a flyer on him late 1st. Pitt Balt SF GB NE NO can all afford to let him sit and heal up for a couple years and not blink twice.

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

Quote:

He is a QB in a QB thin draft is probably about it that alone raises his stock.Not sure but with his injury I would have to guess hes going to fall to the 2nd round however one of the good teams may be willing to take a flyer on him late 1st. Pitt Balt SF GB NE NO can all afford to let him sit and heal up for a couple years and not blink twice.

I don't think he is going to drop much if any because of the injury. What it will do however, is stop him from shooting up the draft boards. So late first or early second seems about right. He should be there at 22.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He has been anywhere from #6 overall to the 2nd round. I believe he is a solid top 10 talent but if I can get him at 22 woo hoo.

Legend
Legend
Tannehill is gonna go in the 1st round.. should he? not sure.. but he will.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I guess I just don't think Colt McCoy would have thrown for 480yds and 6TDs for the Packers if you plugged him in week17 there.

Definitely not with Shurmur calling the plays.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

He has been anywhere from #6 overall to the 2nd round. I believe he is a solid top 10 talent but if I can get him at 22 woo hoo.

I was kinda just thinking about this. Remember when we drafted Colt he was going to sit the whole first year and learn? Injurys happen and we all know Colt was rushed into 2 systems in 2 years but I could see the Browns pulling the trigger on this guy and dropping him on IR ensuring he sits for a year. Again Im not sure how serious his injury is and how that would play into the FO's mind set.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

The first phase happens between now and the end of February. The 2nd phase happens more and more as we get closer to the draft. It's the second part that someone like Mel Kiper is very good at (he has the best connections to team insiders) - and it shows in his final mock draft, which is usually among the most accurate.

I think Mayock does a better job than either Kiper or McShay in evaluating players.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

I think Mayock does a better job than either Kiper or McShay in evaluating players.

Entirely agree, and that was the point I was trying to make. I think Kiper's early Mock drafts are quite bad -- but he is the most likely to hear about what teams are actually going to do running up to draft day. For instance - was the one to put Tyson Jackson at #3 in 2009, when nobody else had him in the top ten. That didn't come from Kiper's player evaluating ability, it came from an inside leak in the chiefs organization.

~Lyuokdea
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Pluto's Talkin' about the Browns' offensive line, the No. 4 draft pick

Link Copied to Clipboard