Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
After reading the #4 for Mario Williams ideas, I was sure that I was in the 'draft nightmare' thread.

Legend
Legend
I wondered what Mary would be worth on the block. Bust or unneeded IMO. Gladly put him in a package with a pick in later levels to sweeten a deal.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Mary?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Haus #655328 01/31/12 10:05 AM
Legend
Legend
You realize those were #4 for Mario Williams and #26, right? Mario Williams is 26 years old and better than any DE in this draft. RDE happens to be one of our 5 biggest needs IMO. Maybe one of our biggest 3 needs. AND we get #26, where there seems to be quite a bit of value. Those could turn into Mike Adams and Lamar Miller or Janoris Jenkins.

Of course, I'd only get behind that trade if Luck, Griffin, and Blackmon went in some order of the top 3.

Legend
Legend
I think that I would go Luck, RG3, and Claiborne at 1,2,3 ..... and if those 3 are gone I would trade down.

I don't like any of the receivers at 4. I think that we can get far better value at the position further down the 1st round. I would not want to invest a #4 overall in a RT. I think that 4 is too high to take Zach Brown, plus Heckert is on record as not liking to take DE or LB in the 1st round ... especially high in the 1st round.

Someone started a "nightmare" thread, and I guess that would be my nightmare .... that Luck, RG3, and Claiborne are all gone ..... and no one wants to trade up for Blackmon.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
We could then trade with someone who wants Kalil...I think your scenario is a good dream...not a nightmare.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I think that I would go Luck, RG3, and Claiborne at 1,2,3 ..... and if those 3 are gone I would trade down.

We agree a lot lately...that's the way I see it too...and I really like Richardsona and Blackmon too, but I just don't see the value at 4...that said I would not be overly disappointed IF we select either at 4 as they will be quality NFL players...but yeah, if we can get an extra 2nd (or more) along the way and still get 1 of those 2, obviously that would be better

Blackmon/Richardson at 6-10 + L.David/Gilmore >>> Blackmon/Richardson at 4

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Blackmon/Richardson at 6-10 + L.David/Gilmore >>> Blackmon/Richardson at 4

While I certainly agree with this, it's tough to get a realistic scenario where we can swing this.

I can see if Claiborne is gone, then Richardson becomes Tampa's #1 target. If Griffin is gone then Richardson could become Washington's #1 target, but that almost assumes they already had a QB going into the draft and were not the team to trade up for Griffin.

You can pencil in Richardson no later than #5 if Claiborne is gone at #3, and Blackmon would have to be in stone for the Jags at #7, right?

I think if we want one of those two, we can't move down outside of the "Washington already has a QB and wants a RB" scenario. I suppose it's possible if Wash wants to move Trent Williams over to RT and take Kalil at #4 and we can convince them other people are trying to trade up, but I think that's a stretch. They'd probably be content to wait at 6 and take Richardson, Blackmon, or Kalil... whichever fell.

J
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J
If Kalil is on the board at 4 when we pick, I think we can pull off an Atlanta type of trade like we did last year to a team that is in need of a franchise LT, possibly with Detroit???

N
Legend
Legend
N
unless Washington steals Tolbert from SD. then they might pass up Richardson.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Signing Tolbert shouldn't have anything to do with drafting Richardson.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Signing Tolbert shouldn't have anything to do with drafting Richardson.

I think it would shift their board a bit. Need factors into the slots and they would have less need if they signed Tolbert to be their lead back.

Yes, they still could draft Richardson but perhaps they would be more likely to draft Martin/Reiff at #6?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't disagree with you guys at all. I just don't see Claiborne coming off before Kalil. Kalil is a top-5 talent with multiple teams picking high enough to go and grab him (St. Louis, Minnesota just off the top of my head).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Picks for Players?

Link Copied to Clipboard