Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The Patriots in the early 2000's had a strong Defense and Brady was a 6th rounder QB with a "who the heck is that" WR corp.

The Bears went to the Superbowl withe Kyle Orton/Rex Grosman combo that year, they make a trade for Jay Cutler (a 1st round QB) and haven't been back. What did they give up with those two first round picks they gave up?

I would also say the Giants beat the Patriots because of a strong Defense, sure they had a 1st rounder in Eli and a decent run game as well but the core of that team was a great D.

The Steelers won in 2005 because of the D. Again they had a 1st round Rookie QB but he also had the worst QB rating of a winning team in a Superbowl. They did have a great run game with Parker and Bettis though.

And it might take a few years for a offensive core to gel but it might not. Look at Dalton and Green. You never know, sometimes it's just luck.

Defense can win you championships. I know it's an Offensive league right now but this stuff goes in cycles. I'm just looking at where we are drafting and if there is a defensive guy rated highest on the board and you have an opportunity to solidify the D this year, then let's do it.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
T
Legend
Legend
T
What you wrote makes sense, If putting a player on injured reserver didn't free up a roster spot. Since putting him on IR does free up a roster spot, then he's not just taking a spot from someone else.
Or, you are saying Fujita can only naturally back up Gocong, and has no other use so cutting him presumes Gocong will not need a backup, or that others are better than Fujita to backup Gocong.

I'm saying Fujita is one of the top 5 linebackers on the team, they'll find a place for him.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Finish off the Defense

Link Copied to Clipboard