Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Just on a side note and not to derail the thread but I was reading that link posted to Washington and they had some serious dicussion from the "people in the know" about McCoy going to Washington and pairing him up with Shipley (sp?).

Going to be a strange off season.

Why would anyone want to trade for a QB who can't make all the throws, has warts, will never get better, and is at a 0 on the McCoy o meter? Sounds silly.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Quote:

Quote:

Just on a side note and not to derail the thread but I was reading that link posted to Washington and they had some serious dicussion from the "people in the know" about McCoy going to Washington and pairing him up with Shipley (sp?).

Going to be a strange off season.

Why would anyone want to trade for a QB who can't make all the throws, has warts, will never get better, and is at a 0 on the McCoy o meter? Sounds silly.

Im not saying that is the case Im saying that is what their insiders are saying. And yes you would then have to ask what do they see or our FO that we as fans dont?

Then again you could just be asking that in jest

If you need 3 years to be a winner you got here 2 years to early. Get it done Browns.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I think that if the Browns finish 8-8 next season with McCoy as our Qb then he must have shown significant improvement.

I disagree. We were a few crappy plays, coaching mishaps and blown calls away from being 8-8 or better this past year. We were in all but a few of our games. If several of those flubs go in our favor next year to put us at 8-8, it won't be a sign that Colt's improved significantly. Now if he were to march us downfield in game winning drives or take total control of some games to protect leads....it may be a different story.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

I think that if the Browns finish 8-8 next season with McCoy as our Qb then he must have shown significant improvement.

I disagree. We were a few crappy plays, coaching mishaps and blown calls away from being 8-8 or better this past year. We were in all but a few of our games. If several of those flubs go in our favor next year to put us at 8-8, it won't be a sign that Colt's improved significantly. Now if he were to march us downfield in game winning drives or take total control of some games to protect leads....it may be a different story.

Good point, if a few of those league leading dropped passes would have been caught who know's what could have happened. Those are drive killers for sure, maybe they go on and score TD's and build momentum.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
If we talk about the "what ifs" with dropped passes, remember that defenses dropped a lot of McCoy passes that could easily have been picked off as well. In the end, what happened on the field is what happened. It all balances out in the end.

We played an incredibly easy schedule this year. We should have gone 8-8 rather easily. All we had to do was just improve marginally upon our production of a year ago on offense.

In 2010, we averaged 16.9 PPG. Last year we averaged only 13.6. If we would have maintained what we did the prior year, against a much more difficult schedule to boot, and just added 3 PPG to it (just one extra FG) that would have out us at roughly 19 PPG. We could have beaten teams like Pittsburgh, and Arizona, and St Louis, and Cincinnati, (maybe even twice since we knocked Dalton out of the 1st game) and possibly even the Raiders. (since we knocked Campbell out of that game and had to contend with ...... Kyle Boller)

That's 6 potentially winnable games with just a slight increase in scoring.

Unfortunately, we went the opposite direction.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

depending on how we did that.. (was it all D, or did the O explode more) then it might be ok to stay the course with McCoy thus no need to move forward with a new QB.

I know that very thought doesn't sit well with some folks..

I think that if the Browns finish 8-8 next season with McCoy as our Qb then he must have shown significant improvement. And if he does, I believe almost everyone who is currently in the anti-Colt camp will be fine with him staying as our Qb.

I don't believe anyone is anti-Colt because of a personal vendetta against Colt. I believe the anti-Colt people want a new Qb because they believe that he will never be good enough to get us to 8-8 let alone the super bowl. If Colt shows us something to the contrary then most will change their tune and support him.

The whole disagreement on Colt is that some people think he will improve significantly while others do not.

I guess when you break it down that's pretty much the issue..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Whether you want to admit it or not, we had way more call in our favor this year than against us. The ref's are the only reason we beat Seattle.

A few crappy plays away from being 8-8? Perhaps but I would argue that many of those crappy plays were Colt's.

But I will accept your point that us going 8-8 is no guarantee that Colt showed significant improvement. I actually meant more likely than not, much more likely than not.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Quote:

Quote:

When u have that assessment...And u r staring dead in the face the threat at this moment of a QB needy team (Wash/Miami) possibly making a move to #2 to take that QB...U BEAT THEM TO IT...Period...

IF we determine RGIII to be that type of QB and we DON'T make the move to #2 to secure him...And we lose out to Wash/Miami...Then plain and simple this FO has FAILED...

DnD...sounds so simple, doesn't it?

What do the Browns want to achieve in the draft?

Have the Browns sufficiently built their team to a point where they can afford to spend multiple hard earned high draft picks to fill one position?

It is much more complicated...ignoring the rebuilding plan to land a guy who may or may not be your franchise qb.

This right here should resonate to all Browns fans. We have way too many holes on our offense to be giving up so much for 1 position. I know that the argument will be that QB is the single most important position in the game. While this is a true statement, if we draft Luck or RG3 with nothing to support them, we will see the reminiscence of Tim Couch. I'll call it now. Most on here will then talk about the wasted opportunity we had this year to build the offense with multiple first round picks.

We should sit on 4 and take BPA and do the same with 22. On our team, RG3 or Luck with not make the same impact as Cam Newton did in Carolina last year.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Vikes and Rams will listen to trade talk

Link Copied to Clipboard