Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
which is silly, since they don't go to the LOS in a track stance, either.

I don't get why they want these kids to run 40s at 8 in the morning

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Top cornerback prospect Claiborne needs wrist surgery
Posted by Evan Silva on March 22, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Morris Claiborne AP

Morris Claiborne of LSU is the consensus top cornerback in the 2012 draft. An unexpected medical issue may give some teams pause about drafting him in the top five.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Claiborne revealed after the Tigers’ Thursday Pro Day that he will undergo wrist surgery on Friday. The procedure will repair a torn ligament in Claiborne’s left wrist.

He suffered the injury in LSU’s 9-6 regular-season overtime win against Alabama, but played through torn ligament the rest of the way. Claiborne had an interception against the Crimson Tide, and two more in the Tigers’ final five games.

Assuming the surgery isn’t serious, we ultimately wouldn’t expect Claiborne’s draft stock to be affected. Claiborne was the No. 4 overall pick in PFT’s first 2012 mock draft.

In other Claiborne news, he ran a 4.39 at LSU’s Pro Day, which was a big improvement on his 4.50 from last month’s Scouting Combine. web page

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
I don't doubt at all he probably said he was glad not to land in Cleveland, and there's nothing wrong with that. If it was said, it was off the record and behind closed doors. It's on the dummy who ran his mouth.

Let's face it - we're probably the least desirable NFL destination.

Mourgrym #660204 03/22/12 06:08 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
How long does it take for that injury to heal after surgery?

clevesteve #660205 03/22/12 06:09 PM
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I don't get why they want these kids to run 40s at 8 in the morning

Same reason they teach grade schoolers math at seven in the morning?

cfrs15 #660206 03/22/12 06:16 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I wouldn't worry about it at all. If he played the rest of the season with the injury and didn't miss a beat, then it isn't a big deal. It's not like he runs on his hands.

As for Wright and his 40... I've often heard it stated that one of the biggest reasons a football kid posts a poor 40 is because they tend to come out of the blocks too upright - wasted momentum. A track runner comes out of the blocks low and accelerating. When you come out too upright, your momentum is moving more vertical than horizontal, which makes you slower.

They should just time every player they way they would line up in a game... it'd make a lot more sense.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

cfrs15 #660207 03/22/12 06:16 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
8 weeks, shouldn't effect him at all.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

They should just time every player they way they would line up in a game... it'd make a lot more sense.

That's why I never put too much stock in the 40 yard dash and the Combine is more of a T&F meet imo.

Trust the film

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #660209 03/22/12 06:49 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yea 40 time is a waste the way it is set up. First off there should be a light to signal when to start. At least have them running from a football stance.

OL and DL should start in a 3 pt stance.
corners should start with their heals on the line, on go they they turn and run.RBs, WRs, QBs, Safeties and linebackrs start with both toes up on the line feet squared.

These kids that have run track int he past have a huge advantage. Look at Joe Haden, he was awful getting up out of his stance, just wasn't natural.

cfrs15 #660210 03/22/12 06:53 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I don't know, but he will be ready by camp, it not some of the mimi camps.

He might have to limit what he does for a while, but he will be good to go. I'd say 6 weeks and he is as good as new, so if he does it now, he will be half way home by the draft.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Mourgrym #660211 03/22/12 07:00 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Yea 40 time is a waste the way it is set up. First off there should be a light to signal when to start. At least have them running from a football stance.

corners should start with their heals on the line, on go they they turn and run.RBs, WRs, QBs, Safeties and linebackrs start with both toes up on the line feet squared.

These kids that have run track int he past have a huge advantage. Look at Joe Haden, he was awful getting up out of his stance, just wasn't natural.

I agree with you 100%. I have long said that players should take stance like they do in a game for the position that they play. Anyone who rune track knows that the coming out of your stance is the part that most influences your time.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Ballpeen #660212 03/22/12 07:45 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

I don't know, but he will be ready by camp, it not some of the mimi camps.

He might have to limit what he does for a while, but he will be good to go. I'd say 6 weeks and he is as good as new, so if he does it now, he will be half way home by the draft.

I don't know the extent of his injury, but 6 weeks seems like a reasonable amount of time to gain some flex back,, but full strength,, I bet it take a little longer, like 5 or 6 months.. But he'll be able to play for sure by preseason I would tthink,, Full strength by mid season.. just a guess however.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Jester #660213 03/22/12 08:04 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quote:

I agree with you 100%. I have long said that players should take stance like they do in a game for the position that they play. Anyone who rune track knows that the coming out of your stance is the part that most influences your time.

No, no, no. That is what other drills are for.

The combines are to get baseline figures. Once you have those you can decipher all the other stuff.

You want to know how fast a guy is...run from here to here under a stopwatch.

You want to measure agility and quickness, run this 3 cone drill

You want to know how strong he is, lift this much weight as many times as you can.

These guys have it figured out. You or I can't improve how they test players.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft Stuff

Link Copied to Clipboard