Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

I don't under stand all the hub bub about his height ... The kids at least a smig taller then any QB on our current roster.

I think it's a moot point. Maybe not to every team, but there certainly isn't that bias here in Cleveland.

Well - we didn't draft Colt McCoy at #4 -- that's a big part of the difference.

Nice try, but I can't buy that argument.

At least I don't think that we have a formula that says we only draft short QB's after round 1

[Linked Image]

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

If Griffin falls to pick four, I believe the Browns could trade down to six and let the Redskins take Griffin. At pick six, hopefully the Browns could land a Justin Blackmon, a Trent Richardson (RB Alabama), or worst case, a Riley Reiff (OT Iowa).

Hmmm where have I heard this before ... Plagiarism

Without the copyright I have no idea who the "smart one" really is.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Legend
Legend
I like that guys thinking!

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I like that guys thinking!

Thank you

[Linked Image]

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

At least I don't think that we have a formula that says we only draft short QB's after round 1

?

I mean - I would hope we're not drafting RG3 with the idea that he will be "as good" as McCoy. If you're spending a top pick on a prospect, you hope for a big improvement over what you already have for free.

~Lyuokdea
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

?

I mean - I would hope we're not drafting RG3 with the idea that he will be "as good" as McCoy. If you're spending a top pick on a prospect, you hope for a big improvement over what you already have for free.

I just don't think they use height as a prerequisite to a successful formula or that it is an indication of Colt's (insert other name) limitations.

[Linked Image]

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Height is certainly one criterion that you do (and should put on a QB) - it can be a huge consideration - it's why Russell Wilson will probably go undrafted instead of being in the first round.

Too many people here either seem to think "RG3 is the best ever, trade up and get him" or they think "He isn't good so never take him" - in real life players are allowed to move a few spots up and down draft boards - and if RG3 comes in shorter than promised, he will move down a bit on quite a few teams boards - for the reasons I outlined earlier.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Joe Montana is 6'2", I'm not to concerned about height on this one.

#GMSTRONG
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
He brings up some good points that haven't been discussed on here as much as the obvious ones(no off season, 2 offenses in two years, rash of injuries on the line and at RB, no playmakers at receivers, etc). I have heard Holmgren state how long it takes for a QB to "get it" in this system and now with Carucci restating it. Everyone is looking for a QB to come in and take the league by storm, but it simply isn't going to happen on this team, with the personell we had, at the stage we were at. If Carucci says some of the big thinkers saw some real signs of progress and that he believes Colt will go into the season as starter, I have to believe that their handpicked guy is giving subtle insight without talking so loud.

-Many have said that Teams will have to adjust their offense to suit Griffin.(I don't think that is Holmgrens or Hecks plan) Rather draft players that fit their schemes.
-His Weaknesses are not favorable to be successful in the WCO.
-you go back to year Ground zero of a three year process for the QB to get it or not in the words of Holmgren and Carucci.

"Going from 4-12 to 6-10 isn't good enough. I believe we are going to be better than that. We're going to be a lot better than that." - Mike Holmgren (3/15/12)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Height is certainly one criterion that you do (and should put on a QB) - it can be a huge consideration - it's why Russell Wilson will probably go undrafted instead of being in the first round.

Too many people here either seem to think "RG3 is the best ever, trade up and get him" or they think "He isn't good so never take him" - in real life players are allowed to move a few spots up and down draft boards - and if RG3 comes in shorter than promised, he will move down a bit on quite a few teams boards - for the reasons I outlined earlier.

I do agree there are limits, but with 3 QB's under 6'2" already on our team.
I have to believe that if Griffen comes in at 6'1 1/2" I don't think that will influence our decision on him one way or the other.
I will totally agree that he might fall on some others draft boards. True.

[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Mayock Says Go Get RGIII...

Link Copied to Clipboard