Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I don't know why they couldn't have just said that he had surgery then, instead of the whole "He's sick ... but it's not life threatening" crap.

They wouldn't have had to go into detail ....

Geesh ... I swear that this front office likes to make things harder on themselves than they need to.

I agree.

The guy was absent at the Senior Bowl as well....I read that somewhere today, and wasn't aware of that.

What ever it is I hope all works out, but yeah, a little better job on the PR end is needed.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Maybe it's time to put Heckert on IR and bring in an undrafted GM.

#GMSTRONG
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Only if he's taller than 6'0 ... we don't need any short hobbits back there because he won't be able to see the prospects in front of his own scouts ...

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
Legend
Legend
Quote:

They may not have had permission to have said anything at that point.

This. Remember the BS the team went through when prematurely disclosing KW's infection?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Also, what difference would it have made to the fans if they said sick or surgery? I mean, are we all worse off because they said sick instead of surgery? Have we now lost our draft picks or our ability to sign FAs because they said sick instead of surgery?

Kind of comes across as whining for the sake of whining.

To me, the important thing is that he's still involved in the process, but most important is that he's getting better.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
BEREA – Browns general manager Tom Heckert had heart surgery recently to clear a blockage, president Mike Holmgren announced this afternoon.

Holmgren said Heckert didn’t suffer a heart attack but wasn’t feeling well and went in for the surgery at the Cleveland Clinic.

Heckert missed the NFL scouting combine last week and the Senior Bowl at the end of January.

Holmgren said Heckert will be back in the office Tuesday and slowly ease back into his normal routine. Holmgren said Hecker will be an “integral part” of the free agency and draft preparation.

Holmgren spoke for a couple of minutes before the news conference to announce middle linebacker D’Qwell Jackson’s five-year contract extension.

link

Legend
Legend
As soon as his body recovers from the trauma of the surgery, he should be feeling better than he has in years with a fully restored blood flow.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

N
Legend
Legend
N
good news on Heckert and glad he caught it before it became a bigger problem for him.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I also won't be surprised if we see a slimmer fitter Heckert.

Legend
Legend
oh, I have little doubt that he'll be having an epiphany on living a healthier lifestyle

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

oh, I have little doubt that he'll be having an epiphany on living a healthier lifestyle

no Question about it,, I remember having been told I had Cancer.. You wanna talk about a wake up call... Cigs went out the window that day... This will have an effect on him and it will most probably be very positive

Unfortunately, cigs go out food went in.... gained 60 lbs...LOL

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Heckert To Miss Combine With Illness

Link Copied to Clipboard