Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Legend
Legend
C
Richardson makes sense. We need a running back. He is an elite running back prospect. We need someone who will make an immediate impact. Running backs have the easiest transition of any player.

Richardson might be the most talented player in the draft. He is just a running back.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I understand that...I like the player...however...we are implementing a version of the WCO...in that offense effective RBs are a dime a dozen...especially in THIS draft.

The drop off beyond the #1 WR and #1 CB is significant at those positions.

There are guys who will likely be sitting there in the 3rd that we could utilize just as well...who could easily start on opening day. That cannot be said about WR or CB.

This madness that Richardson will help the offense more than will Blackmon is just as crazy as taking Tannehill at #4 overall.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Richardson makes sense. We need a running back. He is an elite running back prospect. We need someone who will make an immediate impact. Running backs have the easiest transition of any player.

Richardson might be the most talented player in the draft. He is just a running back.

To a drug addict smoking crack makes sense... it doesn't mean it is right.

Please remember this isn't Fantasy Football. The value of a premium RB in the NFL today has dropped like home values did when the housing market collapsed a few years ago.

We don't need to draft that high to get a quality RB... there is currently a premium on: QB's, WR's, DE's, DT, LT's, and CB's that should go in the top 10.

Outside the top 10

RT
G
MLB
OLB

edge/outside top 20

RB
SS
FS
C

P/K 5-7 rounds

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

there is currently a premium on: QB's, WR's, DE's, DT, LT's, and CB's that should go in the top 10.

Agreed, but when you don't have a RB, then that position becomes a premium as well. In my opinion, Hardesty, Ogbi, and Jackson do not equal quality at RB.

Just a question for everyone: What is the highest you should draft a RB? If it's not 4, then where is it? 6? 8? 10? 15?

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
N
Legend
Legend
N
it depends on who is in the draft, how many RBs you like are in the draft, and what other positions have scarcity.

I like Blackmon a ton more than any of the other WRs. so, I want him #4.

I like Richardson much more than the other RBs. But, I like Lamar Miller, Chris Polk, and David Wilson too (haven't seen enough of Wilson, but he always gets glowing reviews). So, I'm more willing to draft one of those guys at #22 or #37 if need be.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Back to the drawing board, what's the move??

Link Copied to Clipboard