Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Yep, somebody said something negative about RGIII.. people talk about Tannehill's rise up the boards.. A few months ago Luck was head and shoulders above every other player in the draft including RGIII.. now to read many articles, they are the same player..

I wonder if the two sources leaking the information work for the Giants and the Cowboys?

yebat' Putin
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Nothing that I haven't been saying the entire time. The guy needs a year to work on his pocket footwork and his throwing mechanics. Instead he's the savior wearing Superman socks and is a day 1 starter.

He's got flameout written all over him. Said it months ago and I'm sticking to it.

And I otherwise love the guy on many different fronts

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on...t-a-selfish-guy

Quote:

Robert Griffin III: 'People that know me ... know I'm not a selfish guy'

On Thursday, a report was published that pegged Robert Griffin III as a player with "a selfish streak." And I talked to RG3, who's down at IMG in Florida training at the Gatorade Sports Science Lab, about that report, and he did exactly what you'd think he would: take the high road.

Asked if he was surprised by such a claim, Griffin told CBSSports.com that it's just one of the things that comes with being in the draft and that the "people who know me ... know I'm not selfish."

"You could say [I'm] surprised, but you never know," Griffin told CBSSports.com. "It's just when the draft gets closer, everybody's going to try and find something wrong with you to try and pull you down, so I'm not going to sit here and argue that, well that guy is dead wrong. But I think the people that know me -- and even in the people in the media have seen -- know I'm not a selfish guy. You know you don't have to fight your own battles -- let other people fight them for you.

"That's about all I can say about that. I heard it, but it's not something I'm going to address."

The quote in question came from an unnamed scout of an unnamed team and pegged Griffin with having "a selfish streak."

"He's got a little bit of a selfish streak, too," the scout said. "Everybody was laying on Cam, but for some reason this guy has become gloves off. He doesn't treat anybody good."

It's about the time that I was talking with Griffin that NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock was conducting a pre-draft conference call, and got asked about the reports on Griffin. And Mayock didn't put much stock in it either.

"I did not see that report and I have not seen any red flags," Mayock said. "He has a natural, charismatic personality. Wide receivers are already lining up wanting to play with him."

H
2nd String
2nd String
H
Quote:

Nothing that I haven't been saying the entire time. The guy needs a year to work on his pocket footwork and his throwing mechanics. Instead he's the savior wearing Superman socks and is a day 1 starter.

He's got flameout written all over him. Said it months ago and I'm sticking to it.

And I otherwise love the guy on many different fronts

Guy will not flameout. He's going to be great. I think we should have traded our whole draft for him.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

Guy will not flameout. He's going to be great. I think we should have traded our whole draft for him.

wait... you're serious aren't you?

[color:"white"]"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

-- Mark Twain [/color]
H
2nd String
2nd String
H
Quote:

Quote:

wait... you're serious aren't you?

Yes.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Von Miller sizes up some 2012 draft prospects

Posted April 18, 2012 @ 4:47 p.m. ET
By Eli Kaberon

They say that everything is bigger in Texas. From hats and boots to steaks and cattle, the Lone Star State has its fair share of massive products. Turns out, the saying applies to football rivalries too.

When most are asked about Baylor QB Robert Griffin III, the positives come pouring out. He's fast and intelligent, able to throw on the run with a rocket right arm. There's a reason he won a Heisman Trophy in 2011, led the Bears to a 10-3 record and is expected to be the No. 2 overall pick in the upcoming NFL draft.

The No. 2 overall pick of last year's draft thinks differently of him, however. Broncos OLB Von Miller, a member of the PFW/PFWA All-Rookie team in 2011, didn't have such a glowing review of RG3. When asked why he didn't see Griffin as favorably, Miller told PFW, "You know I can't say anything nice about somebody from Baylor."

The Texas A&M product faced Griffin twice during their respective collegiate careers. In 2008, Griffin threw for 241 yards and two TDs and ran for 74 yards in a 41-21 Baylor win; Miller had only four tackles. Two years later, Miller got revenge, recording nine tackles, a forced fumble and a sack of Griffin in a 42-30 Aggies victory. (Griffin was injured and missed the game when the schools played in 2009.) Based on those meetings, and Miller's bias based on which school he attended, the fast and physical linebacker offered a scouting report that shows how big the A&M-Baylor rivalry is.

"He can throw the ball pretty well, and he's fast. But if you hit him enough times, he's going to wear down," Miller said of Griffin. "He can run and throw, but I wouldn't put him in that same class as (Michael) Vick, Cam (Newton) or (Josh) Freeman."

Miller did ease up a bit at the end, saying, "I'm hoping he can prove me wrong."

The linebacker had much nicer things to say about a different quarterback — his former teammate, Ryan Tannehill. A wide receiver during the early part of his career with the Aggies, Tannehill moved under center in 2010, Miller's senior season at A&M. Together, they led the school to a 9-4 record, which included victories over Oklahoma, Nebraska and archrival Texas, along with Griffin's Baylor squad.

Miller believes the athleticism that Tannehill displayed playing receiver and the leadership he showed switching to quarterback will help him handle the most difficult position to play in the NFL.

"He can do everything you want from a QB," Miller said. "He can put it anywhere on the field, throw from under center or out of the gun. He throws on the run well but also showed he can make plays in the pocket.

"Tannehill is also a very mature guy. He graduated with a degree in biology before his senior year and knows how to be a great leader. Right when he came in, we started to play better as a team."

Miller also gave PFW some scouting reports on a few other prospects he either played with or against during his time in college:

Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon — "He's the real deal Holyfield. He can play the X, Y or Z. As a defense, you've got to always keep your eyes on him. Not only that, but he can go up and catch the ball. Runs the whole route tree, you have to double-team that guy on every play."

Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden — "Weeden's a fiery guy. He can put the ball where he needs to. I think his age (28) could be a good thing, because he can come right in and play. He won't be overwhelmed by the moment like some rookies are.

Texas A&M RB Cyrus Gray — "He's always been known for being fast," said Miller, who was Gray's teammate both in college and at DeSoto (Texas) High School — the two have known each other since eighth grade. "He can be a great third-down back in the NFL. He can do it all as both a runner and a receiver. His versatility is amazing."

Link

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:

"He can run and throw, but I wouldn't put him in that same class as (Michael) Vick, Cam (Newton) or (Josh) Freeman."

Why are black QB's only ever compared to other black QB's when discussing their attributes or shortcomings? Wouldn't a comparison to Tebow be more fitting than Freeman? Both athletic as hell, running QB's that can throw; shotgun-spread offense types with quirky throwing motion and mechanics; and most of all, both thought of as being "Winners". Yet we have not heard anywhere near the volume of "bust-factor" talk with Griffin as we did (and do) with Tebow.

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Quote:

Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon — "He's the real deal Holyfield. He can play the X, Y or Z. As a defense, you've got to always keep your eyes on him. Not only that, but he can go up and catch the ball. Runs the whole route tree, you have to double-team that guy on every play."

Exactly why I want Blackmon

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) RG3 wows in workout, deserves first-pick consideration

Link Copied to Clipboard