Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Legend
Legend
T
Mac, I'd hate to have to try to present your side of this.
Arguing the O-line is the most important part of the offense is difficult.

I equate it to arguing that the parking lot is the most important part of any office building. A very difficult side to take.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
To put this back on track.

LaMichael James' talent is the talent too great to pass up.

Look at him 1 vs 1 with Trent Richardson, plays over 15 yards, Richardson makes a case for alot that includes a majority of Kick/Punt returns to pad that stat.

Plays over THIRTY yards, LaMichael James takes it.

You just can't pass on LaMichael James, you just Can't. They just Can't.

If the Browns want a playmaker a Game Changer, take LaMichael James and take Him early.

What if He's the next Tony Dorsett?
What if He's the next Barry Sanders?
Maybe! But I Want To See the Browsn WIN !

Only Best player on his Team as a FRESHMAN, Doak Walker award a year ago and went back to school, Broke School Records as a Junior ... All time career school records ... His latest year just as good as his previous.

You Want a BEAST? LaMichael James is IT, you can't pass him up.
2 time all American? I think.
Best in rushing yards per game , and best in rushing yards per attempt?? Once? I think, each, in one of his years? ( I'll have to check on those)

TWO Bowl games he looked great in including the BCS National Championship game in 2010, Rose Bowl in 2011.
I Don't Care if if if If Trent Richardson breaks tackles better, becaus LaMichael James is finding HUGE CHUNKS OF YARDAGE better and finding the END ZONE better; And Catches passes just as well.

LaMichael James' talent is too great to pass up. Ok, will settle back down now. 5000+ yard player , Non Qb yards.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Maybe we should take them both?

That would be one hell of a backfield.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
How come you are the only one who thinks LaMichael James is this good?

(I like James by the way and think he can be a three down back in the league.)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2nd and 3rd round is a much greater value at the RB spot. Just to many first round busts at RB over the last decade has me scared of a top 5 RB. I am in the Claiborne, Tannehill or trade out group. Hell if I could get a Turbin in the 3rd or Martin, Miller Wilson or James in the 2nd, I would be happy.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I would be very happy with a Claiborne/James combo pack.

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
CFRS,
Lost in my explanation of the style points comment, I wanted to tell you I thought you did a really good job with the rest of your reply to me. In fact, I don't even really disagree for your interpretation of my style points comment. It's not like I explained where I was coming from so that was on me. Turns out we see that test the same way.

David doesn't beat Goliath without an accurate slingshot...
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

(I like James by the way and think he can be a three down back in the league.)

For one year... maybe two at most.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We have Jackson and Armond Smith so 3rd down back should be covered. Just need the primary.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

We have Jackson and Armond Smith so 3rd down back should be covered. Just need the primary.

James is more then just a 3rd down back.

He's not the type of back you want to feed him the ball 25-30 times per game (not including pass plays), but he can give you 15-20 if you have a back to platoon him with. I think that the value is good considering that he will likely go in the 40-60 range.

He could be a real playmaker for some lucky team.

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I consider James a primary but you have to limit his carries. Plus we run our backs into patterns so often that they need rest from just the route running. I think he would be a great fit in this offense.

With the way Shurmur's version of the WCO is run, the running back by committee approach is probably better for us. I know Holmgren had Alexander and the Shurmur had Stephen Jackson but from what I saw last year, Shurmur may even prefer the committee approach and it could be why we are bringing in so many of those 2nd and 3rd round backs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would love to see LaMichael James in a Browns uniform.

I have watched too many Ducks games to not appreciate his talent... 2nd or 3rd round draft choice for sure, just not sure if he can hold up to the NFL game.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I consider James a primary but you have to limit his carries. Plus we run our backs into patterns so often that they need rest from just the route running. I think he would be a great fit in this offense. With the way Shurmur's version of the WCO is run, the running back by committee approach is probably better for us. I know Holmgren had Alexander and the Shurmur had Stephen Jackson but from what I saw last year, Shurmur may even prefer the committee approach and it could be why we are bringing in so many of those 2nd and 3rd round backs.

RB by commity is the norm in the League today ... Look at the Steelers ... they use at least 3 backs per game and they set up the run with the pass. In this League you lead (like the Paul Browns, Joe Gibbs and Bill Walsh's did) or you follow (those who you need to beat like those in your division or those at the top of the game) or you get left by the wayside of the road (with the bottom feeders)

[Linked Image]

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

James ain't big enough to be a primary RB for more than a year or two. He'll get pummeled like a rag doll.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
I don't know about the "big enough to take the beating" argument or not -- but James can't break tackles at all.... it's not just "unable to move the pile", he also gets brought down by arm tackles as easy as I've seen.

Yes - he's an electrifying presence, but he's a third down back in a spread type system.

He's a poor man's Reggie Bush in every respect - I can't think of a single thing he does better - and Bush has never become a reasonable every down back.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
I don't think anyone would draft James with the idea that he'd be an every down back.

He's going to come in as the Darren Sproles type of guy, and I think he'll do it quite well.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

I don't know about the "big enough to take the beating" argument or not -- but James can't break tackles at all.... it's not just "unable to move the pile", he also gets brought down by arm tackles as easy as I've seen.

Yes - he's an electrifying presence, but he's a third down back in a spread type system.

He's a poor man's Reggie Bush in every respect - I can't think of a single thing he does better - and Bush has never become a reasonable every down back.

I can't disagree with a word that you wrote.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LaMichael James is a Brian Westbrook clone. I can live with that especially in this offense. That is a primary back but you do need a short yardage back to go with him.

I think we will take end up with Doug Martin from Boise St. total gut feeling but hey I had the feeling on Sheard last year.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

James ain't big enough to be a primary RB for more than a year or two. He'll get pummeled like a rag doll.

Well Eric Metcalf, and David Meggit Both lasted more than a year or two.
It's fair to think if a guy can play 3 years of major college football without any let up that he's not going to get " pummeled like a rag doll".
So he is 7 % lighter than 1/3 of the Rb's in the league? 195 lbs instead of 210?

And I'm quite certain he will excell past Jackson and Armond Smith, not to slight their talent .

T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

My Lawyer would say Objection! That causes me to speculate on the thought process of everyone else in the universe.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Quote:

LaMichael James is a Brian Westbrook clone. I can live with that especially in this offense. That is a primary back but you do need a short yardage back to go with him.

I think we will take end up with Doug Martin from Boise St. total gut feeling but hey I had the feeling on Sheard last year.

Westbrook could at least break an arm tackle -- he wasn't nearly as week as some people make him out to be.

I would be ecstatic with Doug Martin in the 2nd (although i have him below Jeffery) -- he's by far the second best back in this draft.

~Lyuokdea
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Just to many first round busts at RB over the last decade has me scared of a top 5 RB.

I'm not sure what your definition of bust is.

Since 2001:
22 of the 31 (71%) 1st round RBs have had multiple 1000 yd seasons
8 of 14 (57%) 2nd round RBs
7 of 12 (58%) 3rd round RBs

10 of 31 (32%) 1st round RBs have not had a 1000 yard season
18 of 28 (64%) 2nd round RBs
17 of 24 (71%) 3rd round RBs

Seems to me that 2nd and 3rd round RBs bust more often than 1st rounders

LIbertatem Defendimus!!

2010 Dawgtalkers NCAA Bracket Challenge Champ!!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:

mourg...I like Doug Martin and believe he is a great alternative to Richardson...kind of a poor man's Richardson.

He is about the same size as Richardson who is 5-9, 228...Martin is 5-9, 223. Martin uses his lateral quickness to avoid hits or change direction where Richardson is more of a straight ahead type of runner who uses his power to split defenders rather than avoiding them.

Richardson might be a little faster straight ahead but Martin has quicker feet.

It might be that Martin is still on the board at our #22 slot...I doubt he will last until our #37.

I have not studied the RB talent deeper in the draft..there could be some sleepers the Browns are checking out.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
This is who I want at RB:

5'11 210 lbs 4.3 speed

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Speed Kills.....
...and Miller has it. He would look nice in a browns uniform!!!! We need to improve our overall team speed. He has shifty feet and surprising power for a speed back.
He's the one i want as well- but early 2nd round he might already be gone... So it might cost #22 or a trade up from the second....

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
candy...Lamar Miller is from Miami...one year starter for the Miami Hurricanes.
...he's a warm weather player with limited experience
...coming off of a shoulder surgery done in Dec. 2011..did not sound serious but it needs to checked out if being considered by the Browns.

...durability is an unknown, with him having only 1 yr starting.

...projected as a 2nd round pick...

...too many unknowns for me to consider spending a 2nd round pick on him.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Quote:

Quote:

Teams that win Championships have very good offensive line play...it is that simple

I guess the giants were an exception this year. So were the steelers.

Valid point. However, there's exceptions to every rule. For instance, Trent Dilfer has 1 more Superbowl Championship ring than the combination of Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon put together.

Kurt Warner wasn't good enough to drafted but he became better than a ton of upper first round draft picks.

This year the Steelers didn't have a great oline and their QB ended up playing on a pogo stick. Believe it or not, our backup DT Paxson caused that. I think their young center had more issues with his flimsy ankles at the time. After the season, Rooney announced they were going to get back to power football and there was a change at OC. He remembers they went 15-1 when Roethlisberger was a rookie by running the ball, keeping opponent's scores low and getting turnovers. Unfortunately, there should be some talented offensive tackles on their doorstep.

RT is a big need for us. I also think we need to add an OG in one of the late rounds now that we received 4 compensation picks. The wishful thinking side of me hopes we're all set at OG so adding healthy competition late shouldn't hurt us. Correct me if I'm wrong here because there's a good possibility I am. Didn't the trade for Greco state if he starts for us, St Louis gets a 4th round pick? Well, I don't recall him starting even though he might have done temporary spot duty filling in for a minor injury here and there. That actually enabled us to keep our pick while giving the youngsters a chane to get a full year of experience behind them.

David doesn't beat Goliath without an accurate slingshot...
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Check this out. A very CRUEL Richardson Twitter imposter fools the dopes @ the Akron Beacon Journal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...r-in-cleveland/

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Check this out. A very CRUEL Richardson Twitter imposter fools the dopes @ the Akron Beacon Journal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...r-in-cleveland/

another reason that Twitter shouldn't be allowed on here.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Richardson’s talent too great to pass up

Link Copied to Clipboard