Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Should I just be starting a thread titled "Idiot Draft Prospects" ???

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...police-officer/

Draft prospect Alfonzo Dennard arrested for assaulting a police officer

Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT

There aren’t many hard-and-fast rules when it comes to the period before a player gets drafted by the NFL.

“Don’t punch a cop in the face” is at or near the top of the list.

Unfortunately, former Nebraska cornerback Alfonzo Dennard didn’t get the memo, allegedly. According to the Omaha World-Herald, Dennard was arrested early Saturday on multiple charges, including suspicion of assaulting a Lincoln, Nebraska police officer.

Dennard allegedly was fighting with another man outside a bar. When the authorities tried to intervene, Dennard allegedly punched one of them in the face.

The second-round (before this incident) prospect faces charges of suspicion of third-degree assault on an officer, resisting arrest, and third-degree assault for the underlying fight.

Dennard, who is expected to remain in jail through the weekend, was ejected from the 2012 Capital One Bowl for fighting with South Carolina receiver Alshon Jeffrey.

In hindsight, it’s a good thing that none of the officials got close enough to get cold-cocked.

Legend
Legend
Dang.. how dumb do you have to be...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
He just cost himself millions of dollars. He will be lucky to get drafted at all. When are these kids going to learn

2nd String
2nd String
And with their 2nd round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select . . .

B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

And with their 2nd round pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select . . .

Dennard in the 2nd. Mike Adams in the 3rd. Burfict in the 4th. They'll be loading up on talent.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

He just cost himself millions of dollars. He will be lucky to get drafted at all. When are these kids going to learn

If this were true, that he'd be lucky to get drafted at all ...

Take him in the 6th.

Those guys don't pan out anyway. Take a chance on a 1st round talent late and give him a short leash here.

But, he'll still be gone by the end of the 2nd round.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

He'll be lucky not to land in a prison cell for more than just a few years.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
I mean the timing's terrible and red flags his room temp IQ and lack of emotional control, but I still wonder what the EXACT way it went down was. Was it he landed a punch intended for the guy he was fighting caught the cop or he punched the cop for intervening on his fight with the guy? I assume it was more like the former. If it was indeed more bang/bang and he just took it a bit too far and stepped in deep crap, I kind of hold out some bit of hope for him. Afterall, isn't the trend for these DBs, "the dummer they are the better chance they have"?

As for Florio... something about his writing style just comes across as overly smug and douchey. Go ahead and just give the bare bones of the reporting and spend less time on the zingers, asshat.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Reminds me of an incident at the Hidden Door club at Ft. Benning Ga. lol Crazy stuff one does when young and intoxicated. Only person I ever laid out with one shot, also the only woman I ever hit in my life She backed up or staggered backwards right into the wrong path.

Pitcher of beer sitting on a table I grabbed it and took off. My buddy grabs a bottle of liquor from the bar as he is sprinting out the door. Not one of those little bottles either I mean 2 1/2 gallon jug of that Makers Mart. (do they still make those huge bottles?) Bottle was bigger than he was lol.

Anyway it was a Scene out of the wild west saloon brawl. MPs swarming, then chasing. Ran then walked from main post back to Kelly Hill in the pouring rain. I had forgot all about that, fun times.

T
Legend
Legend
T
OK. 1. Jeremiah Pharms.
2. This guy is dumb to be in a bar 1 week before draft.
3. If he couldn't tell the guy he was hitting was a cop and if both parties were willing fighters I could see a not as bad scenario.
IF, he just squared off with a cop and blatently swung then they'll throw the book at him.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

The second-round (before this incident) prospect faces charges of suspicion of third-degree assault on an officer, resisting arrest, and third-degree assault for the underlying fight.

He's facing three charges, the least of which is not the assault on a police officer.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Alfonzo Dennard arrested for assaulting a police officer

Link Copied to Clipboard