Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
ok thanks.

Legend
Legend
OK, well, that's what you believe, and I disagree.

I think that there is a significant drop off from Richardson to Blackmon. Further, I believe that there is a far bigger drop off from Richardson to any RB available from this point on in the draft than there is from Blackmon to any WR available from this point on in the draft.

I simply never saw Blackmon as an elite talent. I think that he's a solid talent, but not an elite level guy.

Because of this, I am happy we did what we did to secure the elite level guy. I am unconcerned about a couple of draft picks who would find it difficult to make the team anyway.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
ok, got it. i just don't like people claiming I say one thing when it's different from the truth and wanted to clarify.

Legend
Legend
The way you said it, perhaps I just read it wrong, but it sounded different from the way you explained it.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

As far as Tampa not trading up ..... well, they did trade up later in the round, giving up a 4th round pick to do so, and did so for a RB. This tells me that it is likely, as was reported, that Tampa was likely trying hard to get Richardson. I really don't know why you find it so hard to believe that they wanted to trade up for the best RB in the draft when they actually did so for the 2nd best RB in the draft. I really don't understand your thinking there.

No, I think you just don't understand my typing. Maybe my communication skills are lacking.

I FULLY BELIEVE THAT TAMPA WOULD HAVE TRADED AHEAD OF US TO TAKE RICHARDSON. EVEN WITH THAT KNOWLEDGE, I THINK IT WAS A BAD IDEA TO TRADE THOSE PICKS TO MOVE FROM BLUE-CHIP SKILL POSITION PLAYER TO BLUE-CHIP SKILL POSITION PLAYER.

Because of that trade, we weren't able to angle our other picks. All our trade ammo was shot. See what I mean?

I totally agree that we lost a lot of leverage in the rest of the Draft.

Who cares if TR ends up leading the League in rushing ... that's usually more of a sign that your team sux.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I'd be thrilled if he led the league in rushing. I don't think it will happen though as I expect 8 or 9 in the box every first and ten. If we don't have a receiving threat and we don't have a serious upgrade at RT, we likely won't have much of a running game, either.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'd be thrilled if he led the league in rushing. I don't think it will happen though as I expect 8 or 9 in the box every first and ten. If we don't have a receiving threat and we don't have a serious upgrade at RT, we likely won't have much of a running game, either.

When was the last time a rushing leader's team won the SB? you need to have balance. Right now I see our focal point being in the running game by default.

As far as the RT, we will have to wait and see how things shake out, but Heckert has been pig headed with that position since he arrived here and he has stated that He thinks "we have some guys who can play there" m,eaning Cousins.

Where have I heard that before? Hmm sounds awful familiar.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I dont mind giving up those garbage picks.. we got the guy we wanted.. and still can get a good WR in the 2nd round..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I dont mind giving up those garbage picks.. we got the guy we wanted.. and still can get a good WR in the 2nd round..

It's not about the picks .. it's about the lose of leverage those picks could have given us say to move back into the 2nd round.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
So we give up the guy we really wanted for the ability to move back into the second round and get a guy that we kind of want?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

It's not about the picks .. it's about the lose of leverage those picks could have given us say to move back into the 2nd round.

what are u talking about?

we used those picks exactly how u wanted.. we used them for leverage to guarantee we get one of the best players in the draft..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Don't make any arguments that make sense. It is more fun to be irrational.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

So we give up the guy we really wanted for the ability to move back into the second round and get a guy that we kind of want?

Let's just say I wouldn't have taken TR at pick 4 over Blackmon, let alone make a trade for him.

It's about combinations and getting more needs filled. I felt good about getting a RB in the 2nd round and I don't think that we need to have the #1 back in the Draft to be a good offense.

Run Dick Run!

Helluva plan right there.

[Linked Image]

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Who cares if TR ends up leading the League in rushing ... that's usually more of a sign that your team sux.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) article...Browns jump start offense with Richardson, Weeden

Link Copied to Clipboard