Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Everyone has an opinion on this draft one way or the other. Let's hear your track record. Who are guys you thought would be studs that failed and vice versa?

Here's mine :

Top 5 guys I was wrong about :

Aaron Rodgers
Matt Leinart
Charles Rogers
Ahmad Carroll
TJ Duckett

Top 5 I was right about :

Cam Newton (so far)
Blaine Gabbert (so far)
Patrick Willis
Calvin Johnson
Aaron Curry

N
Legend
Legend
N
you should take Charles Rogers off your list. Unless you knew about his drug problems and that his collarbone was made of glass, then it's hard to know a guy like him is going to bust.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Cool idea...I'll limit mine to just Browns draft selections.

Guys I was wrong about

Lee Suggs
Courtney Brown
Andre Davis
Kellen Winslow
Braylon Edwards
DQwell Jackson

Guys I was right about

Gerrard Warren
William Green
Brady Quinn
Joe Thomas
Quincy Morgan
Jabaal Sheard (so far)

I'd say my most accurate pre-draft gut feeling was about William Green. I just KNEW that dude would bust and would be an off the field problem; unfortunately, my opinion doesn't much matter haha.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
So far the only QB I've ever been right on is Bradford.. I said he wouldn't have an immediate impact and was worried about his health..

Every other QB I've been totally wrong on.. Well, not really, the jury is out on this years draftees.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Depends on how far back you want to go.. I was pretty certain Jamarcus Russell would bust. I was right about Big Ben, I said he would be as good or better than the others in that draft and it's hard to say who is the best because Manning and Rivers are both good, but he is right up there. I did say that Spergon Wynn was going to be the next Tom Brady so I'll take that one back.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just off the top of my head...

Top 5 guys I was wrong about:

Aaron Curry
Brady Quinn
Braylon Edwards
Jonathan Dwyer (so far)
Cadillac Williams

Top 5 guys I was right about:

Adrian Peterson
Aaron Rodgers
LeSean McCoy
Terrell Suggs
Haloti Ngata

We're... we're good?
Legend
Legend
Top 5 Wrong:
Mike Williams (USC)
Jason Pierre-Paul
Jeremy Maclin
Vernon Gholston
Jamaal Charles

Top 5 Right:
Clay Matthews, III
JJ Watt
Aaron Curry
Maurice Jones-Drew
Athyba Rubin

Still too early to say on Blaine Gabbert, Denarius Moore, Vincent Brown, Brooks Reed, and Dontay Moch, but those all look good for me the first year.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I'll just take one example

" I was wrong on Blaine Gabbert". You thought he'd be good and he's bad? or You thought he'd be bad and he's good?
There's still time.

I don't think William Green was a bust.

draft misses. Clifton Geatherrs, 2010, 6th round Browns. Other than that it's too soon.

Guy's I really liked. Akeem Ayers, in 2011. LaMichael James and Ryan Tannehill in 2012.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'll just take one example

" I was wrong on Blaine Gabbert". You thought he'd be good and he's bad? or You thought he'd be bad and he's good?

Do you really have to ask that question? Gabbert is awful.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Wrong:

Quinn - got suckered like the rest of us, watched him carry a mediocre ND program for 4 years. Arm strength and accuracy were awful, accuracy we knew was a problem coming in. One of the worst picks in Browns history if you factor in what we did to get him.

William Green - Thought we'd get more than what we did, however our blocking prior to Joe Thomas coming to town was sub-standard and he may have actually been ok in another system, but he was not first round pick worthy.

Reggie Bush - I know he has finally started to play well, but it's been 6 years and he has not lived up to expectation. Great athlete but just not an every down back. Seriously, if you can't find a role in the Saints offense with the way they can go up and down the field, there is probably little hope for you.

There are like a million more guys that I thought would be good players.

Right:

Aaron Rodgers - Loved him at Cal, thought he would be a steal when he started to fall. I remember telling my buddy who is a Packer fan that they got themselves the "next" guy once Favre was done, and he was all mad because they didn't add an immediate starter. I don't buy that he's as good as he is now because he sat all those years, but you can't argue it didn't help at least a little bit.

Robert Gallery - Never bought the hype and laughed at the people who thought he was a safe pick because he was OL. That was "offensive line" guy's guy. You know the guy, he screams and hollers and says you know nothing about football if you want anything but OL with our first and second round pick EVERY YEAR. Bust. He has kinda salvaged his career, but he ain't anywhere close to being worth what the Raiders gave up.

Mark Sanchez - I love that I was right about this because I hate Mark Sanchez and I hate the Jets and I thought Mangini did the right thing that year. Glad he's not our QB. Overrated.

Eric Berry - Was the guy I wanted for us, he went early, and it worked out we got Joe Haden which ain't a bad pick. Berry is a pretty damn good player.

D
Legend
Legend
D
My misses are usually the 2nd round receivers. I almost always think they'll be good and they usually aren't.

Robiskie, Massaquoi, Andre Davis, Quincy Morgan, Dennis Northcutt, Kevin Johnson (who was decent), and going all the way back to Lawyer Tillman in 1989. I thought Tillman was going to be all-world. But, because of injuries, he was just another Browns' 2nd round receiver.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
j/c

Wrong:

JaMarcus Russell: Thought we should have traded our entire draft for him.

Aaron Rodgers: Thought Alex Smith was much, much better

Robert Gallery: Much like Russell, thought we should have traded our entire draft for him.

Eric Berry: Thought he was a franchise changing defensive player. He's good, but not great

Matt Ryan: Thought he would be a total bust.

Right

Brady Quinn: I hated the thought of drafting him. I was on team Thomas for the entire build up to that draft.

Cam Newton: I thought there was a spot for him in the NFL. Didn't think he'd be this good this quick.

Mike Williams: People were talking about him as a top 10 pick, never would have taken him.

Blaine Gabbert: I watched a lot of Missouri games. Never, ever thought of him as a top ten pick.

Joe Thomas: Don't think I need to go indepth here. Most excited I've ever been for a pick.

Reggie Bush: I thought he'd be okay, but he was allergic to contact in college. Never worth were he was drafted.

Last edited by Thebigbaddawg; 05/01/12 12:33 PM.

you had a good run Hank.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) YOUR hits and misses in the draft?

Link Copied to Clipboard